Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:10 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpd24yVy5C4&feature=related

Hmmm.

I don't know what to think.

On one hand, I can totally see that he doesn't want to have to deal with all that stuff, since he MUST be busy and he's not exactly young anymore, and he's been so famous for so long he must just want some rest from it all. I know I would.

On the other hand...he sounds like a jerk who is telling his fans he doesn't want to hear from them ever again. Perhaps if he'd...I dunno...used a nicer tone of voice I wouldn't have been so sad.

Even though he's "warning us with peace and love".

Ringo, I still love you, but sometimes you make it difficult to defend that fact.

I'm surprised! He was always told to be the totally nice guy of them. It seems a bit out of character.

So I suppose if any of us want to send him some mail we'd better do it in the next five days.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:36 pm
That dosen't sound like Ringo at all sad  

beatlefan2009

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:52 pm
I was shocked. Beatlemaniac sent me a message a week or so ago with the video. she was shocked too. Between the drinking and the drugs, the poor man has no braincells left. xp . You can tell from the video that he had been drinking or something.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:14 am

I bought a postcard of The Beatles to send, but it's the 19th, and no mailman today ):
I can try though.

He sounds drunk, honestly. I think it's extremely odd.

Mintahy
Crew

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:58 pm
Mintahy

I bought a postcard of The Beatles to send, but it's the 19th, and no mailman today ):
I can try though.

He sounds drunk, honestly. I think it's extremely odd.
Sucks if ya dont get to send it.
I'm not one to send fanmail anyway, I just didnt like his attitude.
Most definately, drunk.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:17 pm
Drunk? But I didn't think he drank anymore  

beatlefan2009

Geo Harrison

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:52 pm
Hmm. Ringo, a jerk? But I thought he was the nice one.

Oh well.

I guess I'll just have to hunt him down someday and dictate my letters in person so he can't "toss them." Whahaha.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:30 am
Ritchie Starkey

Oh well.

I guess I'll just have to hunt him down someday and dictate my letters in person so he can't "toss them." Whahaha.
I encourage that. haha. just make sure he doesnt 'toss' you.  

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:33 pm
sentimental journey
Ritchie Starkey

Oh well.

I encourage this too.

Also, off-topic, sentimental journey, relating to your signature somewhat: Bob Dylan is playing in my city this Friday...insanely close to me. Only I can't afford to go. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:56 am
Lol no he isn't drunk. He stopped drinking in the 90s I believe.

But yeah, it really doesn't seem like him at all. He sounded so... angry. Maybe somebody pushed him over the edge... who knows.

I was in California when I learned of the deadline. I wasn't going to be home until the twenty first, so I kind of panicked. I had always wanted to write him, but had never gathered up the courage. So, at two in the morning in my hotel room, I wrote a letter. I can barely remember what it said, but I could only get to the post office that next morning. I used a hotel envelope (it had the hotel address on it. curses) and wrote my address on the back. I located a post office nearby and sent off the letter. Hopefully it'll get to him... ahhhh.

I kind of feel bad for sending a letter. *sigh*

Beccaecka
Crew

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:30 am
So Static
sentimental journey
Ritchie Starkey

Oh well.

I encourage this too.

Also, off-topic, sentimental journey, relating to your signature somewhat: Bob Dylan is playing in my city this Friday...insanely close to me. Only I can't afford to go. gonk
That's so cool! Sucks that you cant afford to go though. I know exactly how you feel, I couldnt afford to see ringo this summer. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:47 pm
When my mom was younger she sent a letter to John Lennon.

One day, she got a letter in the mail from John Lennon. She thought it was a fake because it had a stamp that looked like a child's sketch. So, she threw it away.

She found out later that the stamp was John Lennon's signature stamp.  

Singing4life

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:42 pm
gonk

That realization must have SUCKED.

Somewhat related, but somewhat not, one of my teachers went to a Beatles concert when she was 10. She said it was really, really loud and she could barely see, and she went with her 13-year-old cousins who was one of those girls practically having hysterics and crying and all that.  
The Beatles

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff