Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Arena]________Fanfiction & Fanart & Original Creations
[L] [Original] Illumination

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Erandir

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:36 pm
Title: Illumination
Author: Erandir
Rating: G
Prompts: Claw; Green Ink
Fandom: Original – based on my own ‘Ballad of Sir Rupert the Inept’
Word count: 333

------

“What are you doing?” the knight asked as he stepped into the room where his squire sat hunched over a desk, quill scratching away as he worked on something.

“I am recording the tale of how Sir Rupert the Brave defeated the Dragon of Marromar,” the squire answered.

“But,” the knight commented, frowning a small bit, “Sir Rupert did not defeat the dragon. Simon did.”

The squire turned around and made a face at the man standing behind him. “Well Simon does not want people talking about him until the end of time and Sir Rupert does. So I am changing the story a little. Call it artistic license.”

“Some would call it lying.”

“And?” the squire asked. “What else would you tell them? That the dragon killed itself? I do not think that anyone would believe it.”

“It would make a more interesting picture,” the knight offered.

“It is not to late to change it,” the squire replied emotionlessly. “Shall I turn the dragon’s claw around to pierce his own breast?”

This elicited a laugh from the knight, who shook his head. “No, I suppose it is more believable, if not unique, to say the knight valiantly slayed the fearsome beast.”

“You have a way with words. Perhaps you should be the one writing this.”

“What? The Tale of Sir Rupert the Brave written by Sir Rupert the Brave?” the knight asked, “Now that is a tale no one would believe.”

Even the squire laughed at that. “So the tale shall stay the way it is. Hand me the green ink.”

Rupert retrieved a green jar from the shelf above the desk where his squire worked and set it down in front of the other. He ruffled Simon’s short hair, causing the writer to smudge the wet ink on the parchment as he raised his arm to shove the knight away. “Away with you,” the squire muttered.

“Keep up the good work,” Rupert said, and then left the squire to his work.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:25 pm
is that all u wrote or r u going 2 wright more?  

NaruSasuiscool

Erandir

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:56 pm
This is a one-shot "fanfic" based on my own original work. (Is it fanfic if you write it about your own stuff?)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:01 pm
i dont think it is. its more like a story. fanfictions are more like storys based on other things like book, movies, tv shows, etc. lol  

NaruSasuiscool

eartianwerewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:15 pm
It would be a fanfic if someone other than yourself wrote a story about your story.  
[The Arena]________Fanfiction & Fanart & Original Creations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games