Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Adeptus Mechanicum- Rob's Ad.Mech Project Log (UPD:26/07/09) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fav Model/Unit? (Please Comment and Crit too)
  Arch Magos Veneratus (10,000 yr old Woman on tank)
  Preatorian Servitors (Steam-Belching Ogryns)
  Biologis Land Crawler (Glass-Roofed Clawed Land Raider)
View Results

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:25 am
::INTRODUCTION::

Well, a year later, and i have decided to carry on with my Ad.Mech army.

I'm making the army using "Codex: Cult Mechanicus" by The Tempus Fugitives, so it will only be legal in Dark Stars tourneys, instead of Time Huckleberry's Ad.Mech 'dex i used when 1st starting this project... this means that the army has been modifed a fair ammount, and there are no more shotguns...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:26 am
::UPDATES::

25/7/09 - Fresh Start, using new codex. updated photos of Hypaspists, and added photos for the Arch Magos Veneratus, Magos Prime, Ogryn Servitors, Biologis Land Crawler, and Ad.Mech Hero

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:27 am
::FINISHED MODELS::

*New*Arch-Magos Veneratus -1:2:3:4:5
yeah, it's a 10,000 year old woman on a tank. the fluff says that they are the people who created the mechanicum over 10,000 years ago, and the Rules say they count as monstrous creatures with multi-melta's and dreadnought CC weapons. but i thought that having her suspended above a tank would be awesome too, so i modelled it. then to make it fit the rules, i painted the prong thing on the side with Blue light at the ends, so that it looks like an electric weapon, which counts as the Dread CCW. the body of the vehicle is plasticard, with tracks from a mk.1 rhino, and the lower peice of a mk.1 razorback turret, along with a modified Penitent Engine driver.
also, to be fluffy, i decided that she would also be a member of the Lumarinarius (a unit of Lightning shooting guys who have electric diodes running through their veins, resulting in what looks like Blue blood, and since it looked cool, i gave my Arch Magos the same thing, so she will match my future unit of Luminarius. also, instead of looking like she is fighting against her bonds as the Penitent Engine driver does normally, it looks like shes trying to shoot lightning at people (hence the glowing hands)

Magos Prime - 1:2:3:4
The overall commander of the army in terminator armour. he was an old techmarine for my marines chapter, but i have rebuilt him and given him a fresh coat of paint, and a new tech axe, built from a grey knight halberd, a bolt pistol and some plasticard and plastic rod.

Aspiring TechMarine - 1:2:3
all techmarines of the Astartes are trained by the mechanicum. this process can take many years, often involving putting the recruit into dangerous situations to perform battlefield repairs, before any techmarine receives his Tech-Axe and artificer's armour

*Updated*Praetorian Servitor Ogryns -1:2:3:4:5:6:7
sometimes a tech-priest needs a fearsome looking large warrior for protection, and in most cases, they simply augment an Ogryn. the result is a large bio-mechanical beast capable of smashing through opponents. a higher ranking Magos may have a unit of these beasts. the most used 'class' of Praetorian Servitor is the Sigma class; a close combat oriented type, or the Delta class; which have heavy ranged weapons

Tech Priest - 1:2
this was converted from an Inquisitor Henchman, with a fair amount of Green Stuff and another grey knight halberd for his tech axe. He also has a devastator servo skull behind him.

*Updated*Hypaspists - 1
these guys are the Tech guard of the army, forming the core of it. the Hypaspists are essentially either augmented guardsmen or Forge Guard. they are armed with Hellguns (represented by Lasguns at the moment until i can convert them into This. The Centurion (sergeant) with a chainsword and plas-pistol.
my Centurion is made from a model from a similar wargame, called Havoc. but i added GW arms and a head, then sculpted the hood, robe and rebreather.

*New*Biologis Land Crawler - 1:2:3:4:5:6:7
Basically, it's a modified Ad.Mech land raider/research lab for use in the field. the excavator claws on the front count as a pair of Dreadnought CC weapons. it also counts as Open Topped, but since it looked kinda crap with no roof, i added a "Glass" one (clear plastic) which is removable so you can see inside the tank.

::IN-PROGRESS MODELS::

*New*Female Ad.Mech Hero - 1:2:3:4
This is based on THIS reference image found online, and is currently my character in the "An Inquisitors Seal" RP in this guild, i liked the image, and decided to get my Milliput out and try sculpting her. most of the model, besides the arms, shins, groin and servo skill, is sculpted, and the base is made of plasticard, with GW bits for detail. in game, she has a Tech Axe and autopistol, Artificer Armour, and a servo skull. also, i suck at sculpting faces, i know (but i love how the hair has come out) i'm gonna be painting her later today, so i will update sometime in the next couple days with Painted photos.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:32 am
::LINKS::

- TempusFugitive's "Codex: Cult Mechanicus" can be downloaded Here

this codex is well written, and is fair to play with the mainstream GW armies, also, since it's Writers host the Dark Stars campains each year, it is a legal army to use in them, along with the Soul Forge (Dark Mechanicus) and Exodites (Eldar-ish guys) codex's, also written by The Tempus Fugitives.  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:36 am
i declare this thread open! so what do you guys think of my stuff so far? do you think i have to much spare time on my hands? do you love my incredible carpet?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:33 am
i want to design something new for my army (as i like writing rules 4laugh ) so im thinking of making something based on the Wolverine from Halo Wars

im also thinking of doing some kind of land raider based super heavy, probably built in the same way as this one

what do you guys think?  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:30 pm
hmm... im thinking of doing some Preatorian Servitors... they are basically massive augmented ogryns, so im probs gonna pick up a pack of Fantasy Ogre Bulls at some point, i have some ideas for them, including;
- Bionic Arms/legs on most (obviously)
- replacing the right arm on each model with either an autocannon or heavy bolter below the elbow, or maybe mounting a plasma cannon (although i prefer the thought of solid slug weapons)
- using hoods and Gorgets
- adding plastic exoskeletons to each model, comprising of an outer bionic spine grafted onto the back, and supporting bionics and pistons across the gun arm shoulder and linking into the gun.
- using vox-casters for rebreathers on mouths, taken from the vox-caster backpacks.
- grafting ammo boxes into the flesh (or at least ammo box fittings, so that ammo boxes can be switch when they run dry)
- gut-mounted plasma generators, for any that i decide to give a plasma cannon to

when i buy my Ogre Bulls, i will add this to the In-Progress Project list. what do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:34 pm
Come and die with the zombies in the moonlight
They become alive when you die, you cannot fool them
You got to slam with the dead and let it go now
See a thousand hallowed eyes stare into the night

I looked at these before and, I gotta say, I really liked them. It's a good concept, but it'll be more annoying to model than the basic troops. Good luck. xd But again, nice work.

It's getting dark so prepare to die
They're coming after you
It's getting dark and you can't get away
They're coming after you

}{Pain - Zombie Slam}{

Necro Fusion

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:31 pm
thanks, and i dont mind the time, i love to convert my stuff. so yeah, im happy.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:48 pm

I like the idea on your Praetorian servitors, but you might find a good basis by looking at the designs of the Ork Deffguns. If you're going to be using the Ogre Bulls, something that might be cool would be to carve out the side of one and have his ammo box there. Or what might be cool would be to put a plasma generator in their gut and arm them with a plasma cannon.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:18 am
awesome, i will add those ideas to the list.

as to the deffguns, they are from the loota's are they not? its certainly something to have a think about...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:56 am
UPDATE: 12/10/08

i have built and painted an Iron Hands Aspiring Techmarine, even though it's not in any of the codices im using, so im gonna write some rules for it. he has a double barreled boltgun with an ammo feed going into a drum on his backpack. (hardest thing to paint? individual teeth! they were evil!)
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/SingleGunner/Adeptus Mechanicus/DSC01279.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/SingleGunner/Adeptus Mechanicus/DSC01278.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/SingleGunner/Adeptus Mechanicus/DSC01280.jpg

my two new hypaspists: (Shotgun and Flamer)
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/SingleGunner/Adeptus Mechanicus/DSC01267.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/SingleGunner/Adeptus Mechanicus/DSC01266.jpg

and my 2nd sagitarii: (lascannon and hooded helmet)
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/SingleGunner/Adeptus Mechanicus/DSC01268.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/SingleGunner/Adeptus Mechanicus/DSC01269.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/SingleGunner/Adeptus Mechanicus/DSC01271.jpg

::EDIT::
these are the better photos now, enjoy!  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:31 am
UPDATE: 19/10/08

i was thinking today about ogryns again... and about how i dont hae the money for ANYTHING until thursday... then i looked round my room and noticed that gathering dust with my very few remaining renegades was the berserker ogryn i sculpted a while back (based on he forge world 'zerker ogryns)

and so this was born, my 1st Sigma Class Praetorian Servitor (and personal bodyguard of my Arch-Magos):
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/SingleGunner/Adeptus Mechanicus/DSC01286.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/SingleGunner/Adeptus Mechanicus/DSC01290.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/SingleGunner/Adeptus Mechanicus/DSC01293.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/SingleGunner/Adeptus Mechanicus/DSC01297.jpg

he was converted from my old ogryn, but with a "servo-harness" sporting his ripper gun, a bionic eye, and the scraps of cloth covering his other eye and his groin. he has also been de-chaos'd, by removing the chaosy spikes (excapt the ork ones on the shoulder) and the skull that used to hang from his chainsaw  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:08 am
well, almost a year later, and i have decided to update, so hears the latest stuff:

Arch Magos Veneratus
Female Ad.Mech Hero
Biologis Land Crawler

and Updated:

Preatorian Ogryn Servitors
Hypaspists

so, what do you guys think of the new stuff (all in the 2nd post)  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:56 am
Your stuff looks promising but the painting is rather sad-face here and there. You might want to touch up on that.

Also, the cybernetic leg of your magos in terminator armour is rather puny and distracts from the overall model.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff