Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Eye liner help Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark_Style

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:25 pm
I need to know how to use it well. I have experimented with it and I look like I have black eyes. I was raised by my Dad and the only girls I know I'd be embarressed to ask.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:29 pm
What I do when I first started wearing it, or even if I need inspiration for something new:

Look up pictures smile  

From_Lust2Dust

Dark_Style

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:35 am
From_Lust2Dust
What I do when I first started wearing it, or even if I need inspiration for something new:

Look up pictures smile

I know but, what tecnique do I use?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:33 pm
personally i prefer eye shadow because i just find it easier to put on and it lasts longer before you need to buy more.  

AEtherclaw

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:37 am
I think that the eyes are just one part of your face and make up should compliment the lesser ones to accentuate your best feature. Small designs (swirls,vines,squares...) are often fun and creative but should probably be done very carefully as to avoid the very long tear stain and should be thin so it doesn't look like you did it with crayon. I'm not sure what your skin tone is or what color your eyes are but you could experiment with colors as well, like metallic eyeliners.
Go crazy but the only thing I'd highly advise against is using eyeliner as a one solution for all unless you have the eyes for it. sweatdrop
(For example, I don't like how Avril Lavigne's eyeliner is applied.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:32 am
Practice. I know it's the most annoying thing to hear, but that's 90-99% of it. If you want really clear lines, get a liquid liner. A lot of people think they're harder because you need a steadier hand. Maybe I just have those steadier hands they're talking about, but I've always found liquid liner easier. Just go very slowly to start with. Eyeliner is often the only makeup I wear, now I can put it on in a minute. When I started, I'd take 10. XP Practice putting it on just before you go to bed at night, or something like that. Start by only putting it on your top lid. When you've got a bit more comfortable, start adding flicks in the corner and suchlike, and only when you've got used to that should you try to do anything with the bottom lid. (unless you're using a pencil and you're just putting it on your waterline).  

Slayer Igraine

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:31 pm
eyeliner...make sure it stays ON YOUR EYES if it's on your face you'll just look like a douchebag. and once you mastered that you can work on shadows and stuff and make fun colour blending and designs.

aka practice. or have someone who is experienced with it who you are friends with or close toy help you like have them do your makeup for fun or something and ask them to show you how they did it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:16 pm
For bottom of the eye Pull the bottom eye lash down and put the eyeliner in the inside (you will want to use pencil eye liner for this)
and for the top get as close as you can to the lash line

MAKE SHURE TO GO ALL THE WA AROWND or you look retarded (my opinon)  

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

We Have A Winnar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:59 pm
I would suggest starting with something low-key, and building up your application skills. It took me a lot of practice before I could put on eyeliner without ending up looking like a raccoon.
Most of the time I use the kind with a little sponge on the non-pencil end, and I make little dots along my lash line, then blend them together with the sponge. It's easy to do, and it gives a softer line than just drawing it on. Also, if you dust a little bit of powder over it, it makes the eyeliner less likely to melt off.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:09 pm
You can look up tutorials on youtube. Ive done it before. They can be quite helpful. 3nodding  

XxLovely_MiseriesxX

Mechanical Death

Witty Lunatic

16,325 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Winged 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:46 pm
close the eye, and pull the edge of it out so you have "chinese eyes" put the liner right by the lashes, make sure that is no gap between the line and the eyelash line. if there is, fill it in.
for the bottomlash, do the inside of the eye, just above the eyelashes, then do just bellow the eyelashes. Top it off wish some blended black eyeshadow in the crease, and drag it out around the edge of the eye and blend out.

That'll give you a smoky eyeliner look.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:56 am
It's strange how my life suddenly went black and white..

If black eyeliner doesn't quite look good on you try other colors. A purple or blue maybe? You could also try hot pink eyeshadow, gives one a sort of demented look *see old My Chem videos*. I likes my pink eyeshadow.

...Like a movie on the screen with Vincent Price co-starring me.

Obeydontstray

1,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:14 pm
I'd like to repeat what has been said about tutorials on Youtube, and practice before wearing it in public.
On the question of liquid versus stick, liquid often comes out darker, but if you find a nice soft eyeliner, a stick can work just as well. I like the kind that twist up, myself. Liquid comes out looking crappy on me. But I have been known to have sudden muscle spasms in my right arm. I think it may be partly mental because I've had two while typing this, which is very unusual.

And, this was the hardest part for me to accept when I was starting, but if you buy a product and it doesn't work well for you, stop using it and try something else. I know that cosmetics are horribly overpriced and trying different brands will cost an arm and a leg, but that's how it works.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:28 pm
i just lay it on heavy and draw it out about half an inch...it is very sexy ;D  

Cryptic Wisdom

Hot Cat

trampyre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:19 am
I have shaky hands, so I've never bothered with a liquid liner. I use a vegan soft pencil liner, and sometimes I apply black eyeshadow with a brush. That works pretty well for a soft line.

I hardly ever wear eyeliner though. I've recently discovered that I look much better with no eye makeup at all.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff