Submit

Demonia or New Rocks?
  Demonia
  New Rocks
  Other
View Results

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:03 am
Demonia or New Rocks? which do you prefer?
I personally prefer Demonia, due to the more conventional styling, New rocks are just too cybery and bulbous for me, although I have heard that they are better quality.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:39 pm
umm, neither?

I bought a pair of Demona 5 buckle tomb boots a couple of years ago. They separated at the sole from the rest of the boot only after a couple of nights out. Some styles of New Rocks are nice and not too 70's platform flashy, but I refuse to pay the prices they ask for them...too expensive.

3rd option....military surplus stores.
still looking for a pair of paratrooper boots my size in black that I can modify to reach to desired look I want.
(copper leather rivets and old black leather belts riveted to the boots.)  

Keevan Draco

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:21 pm
Demonia steals designs from higher-quality but reasonably priced brands. talk2hand

Avoid Demonia and buy TUK, UK Underground, Dr. Martens, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:19 pm
Well, I just think that they look nicer, plus, genuine military boots are never the right height and are far too expensive. also Dr.Martens are no longer produced in Britain so their quality has dropped significantly.  

Shadowed Intent

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:26 pm
Darn, I just had a look at TUK and UK Underground, and I recognised the same designs everywhere, i probably would have bought the others had I know of their existence.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:45 am
Shadowed Intent
Darn, I just had a look at TUK and UK Underground, and I recognised the same designs everywhere, i probably would have bought the others had I know of their existence.

TUK and UK Underground both make very high quality boots for very reasonable prices. I bought my knee-high TUK's USED three years ago, and they still look damn near brand-new, save for some salt-discoloration of the soles, and a few nicks on the toes.

If memory serves, the TUK's I own are $95 new, whereas the Demonia rip-offs are $120... and made of lower-quality materials, with lower quality manufacture.  

GilAskan
Crew

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:41 pm
whatever's cheap, black and fits.

wrinkle pickers are interesting though if you can find some nice ones for a good price and pull off the look.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:04 pm
AEtherclaw
whatever's cheap, black and fits.

I definitely support look for a good deal, but there definitely should be some discretion as to the source. $50 for a pair of knee highs will seem great until the fall apart after a month of daily wear; $100 for a pair that'll last you several years is ultimately the better spending.  

GilAskan
Crew

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:11 am
I live in Australia, and I cannot order online, how much do you think it would cost for me to get the local goth-store to order a pair in?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:56 pm
I have a pair of Demonias which I haven't touched in ages. However, I had an issue with one of the buckles.

Still, I can't say yes to New Rock because I've never bought any of their merch.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:04 am
I love my New Rocks with steel heels and purple flames. Beautiful!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:13 am
I would LOVE a pair of New Rocks...but no money...

Stay AWAY from Demonia!!! I have a pair of platform mary janes (which I adore) but they broke the first day I wore them. I had to take them to a shoe repair person to fix (who made fun of the shoes repeatedly). Luckily he was able to fix them by putting in elastic instead of a small piece of pleather which was there before.

I still wear them, they are my favorites, but they really don't make good shoes....  

NokomisSnape

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:51 am
NokomisSnape
I would LOVE a pair of New Rocks...but no money...

Stay AWAY from Demonia!!! I have a pair of platform mary janes (which I adore) but they broke the first day I wore them. I had to take them to a shoe repair person to fix (who made fun of the shoes repeatedly). Luckily he was able to fix them by putting in elastic instead of a small piece of pleather which was there before.

I still wear them, they are my favorites, but they really don't make good shoes....

My Gravel 14's haven't given me any trouble, I am not going to buy Demonias again, because I can not abide by theft of ideas, however I have only heard of them breaking if they are platforms, and I do not wear platforms.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:07 pm
I only like Demonia's Creepers and some other non-boot shoes but it's true that they are not exactly the best quality.
I don't like New Rocks they're kind of weird and I don't like how they have the giant logo.
So... other.  

born on the bayou

Slayer Igraine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:16 am
Veruniel
I love my New Rocks with steel heels and purple flames. Beautiful!

Z0mg, I believe we have the same pair of NRs. biggrin

I've never managed to find someone selling Demonia in the UK, but from what you guys are saying I'm kind of glad. razz I love NewRocks, yes they are expensive, but with the amount if wear and I get out of them, I think they're worth it. I have 2 pairs that I wear at the moment, I've brought three. My old pair were still going strong after 2-3 years wear (then I accidentally set them on fire, but that was my fault and nothing to do with the boots XP). I have a pair of Docs that cost half as much but lasted not even half as long, they were metallic purple and though they're still wearable they look like crap now. Plus they were never, ever as comfortable as my New Rocks.

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff