Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Pairing Discussions
A Remy/Siri tid bit Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsuwabuki

Fashionable Dabbler

8,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Megathread 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:32 pm
I was informed that durring an interview with J. K. Rowling, it was confirmed by Rowling that Remus and Sirius were origionally intended to be a gay couple. She was worried about the controversy and decided that they would be best friends instead. When Harry recieves the Christmas gift from the two it was labled "from us." In the U.K. you're not supposed to give a gift "from us" unless the "us" are together as a couple. Jodie (my personal Brit.) confirmed that "from us" thing for me.

Mods can delete this if they want, I just thought I should post about it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:43 pm
-Le gasp- Oooh I wish she hadnt killed Sirius off,the storys could have been much more interesting if he was still around wink  

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

.[Kalysta].

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:58 pm
WolfCall
-Le gasp- Oooh I wish she hadnt killed Sirius off,the storys could have been much more interesting if he was still around wink
that's for sure  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:36 pm
Transcript?

(Thankyou so much, you've made my day)  

Lunar_Blade

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:36 am
If you can get the transcript for actual one hundred percent proof...you've made my day. *skips off humming cheerfully*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:07 am
Haha! I wish that were true! Even though the censoring of a homosexual couple is a bit of a shame.

Though, I agree with Ex-Professor Remus Lupin... if you can find a direct transcript of this, you will have made my day/week/month/year. 3nodding  

Escondite

EmmaRaikou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:41 am
Do have a copy or something of the interview? A link? Dx

If this is true, you make me a very happy person indeed. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:43 am
Ehh... it's likely, but...

*sigh* The way I see it, if you're going to create a project and make it your 'baby' you wouldn't sensor it based on what a few idiots would think. I think there's a book called Exile: Runes of Ambre (I've actually never read it) that has a gay couple in it and it's really fairly popular.

To me, any author that cuts out part of their story because some people might not like it is a sell out. They're no longer in it for the joy of story telling, but for making money off of their tallent with words.

Personally, I don't want to see proof. It would make me lose respect for her as an author if it's true.  

Graphiti Skies

[Elske]-[XXIX]

President Squad

33,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:03 pm
Graphiti Skies
Ehh... it's likely, but...

*sigh* The way I see it, if you're going to create a project and make it your 'baby' you wouldn't sensor it based on what a few idiots would think. I think there's a book called Exile: Runes of Ambre (I've actually never read it) that has a gay couple in it and it's really fairly popular.

To me, any author that cuts out part of their story because some people might not like it is a sell out. They're no longer in it for the joy of story telling, but for making money off of their tallent with words.

Personally, I don't want to see proof. It would make me lose respect for her as an author if it's true.

And then... there was truth.
xp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:51 pm
I agree with Lupin and Luny on this, get me a transcript.

As for Graphi, I understand where you're coming from really, I do. And in most cases I'd agree with you totally.

But if you look at the politics of things now and when she was writing the books--personally I can't really blame her. I mean, it's bad enough she's got enough crap about Satanism and stuff, throwing in Remus/Sirius would only make it worse on her. She got the Late Pope to like the books and say "She's a good person, these books aren't promoting Satanic Rituals" which helped her out a lot. But had she put in an actual gay couple...well, I think she was smart in leaving it as something that's so glaringly obvious but not nearly as obvious as Ron/Hermione. That way for those closed minded enough to want to ignore it--they could, easily. But those open minded enough to accept it, could see it.  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lunar_Blade

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:20 pm
Well said HK! Here Here!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:38 pm
Well I wish I had the transcript. My sister does a hell of a lot more reseach then I do. I'll see if I can't find a transcript for it. If not, I'll ask her where this interview took place and do research from there. ^-^  

Tsuwabuki

Fashionable Dabbler

8,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Megathread 100
  • Full closet 200

[.Pink.Tonks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:43 pm
dammit jk *cries*

i would have, like, peed my pants with love if they were gay in the real series.

gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:44 pm
HKBlack
I agree with Lupin and Luny on this, get me a transcript.

As for Graphi, I understand where you're coming from really, I do. And in most cases I'd agree with you totally.

But if you look at the politics of things now and when she was writing the books--personally I can't really blame her. I mean, it's bad enough she's got enough crap about Satanism and stuff, throwing in Remus/Sirius would only make it worse on her. She got the Late Pope to like the books and say "She's a good person, these books aren't promoting Satanic Rituals" which helped her out a lot. But had she put in an actual gay couple...well, I think she was smart in leaving it as something that's so glaringly obvious but not nearly as obvious as Ron/Hermione. That way for those closed minded enough to want to ignore it--they could, easily. But those open minded enough to accept it, could see it.

Ok, I understand that, but how will the world ever change and learn to accept all types of people if something as trivial as love is edited out of a book? It shouldn't matter what the Pope or other religious leaders think of your story as long as you are proud of what you've done. Writing a book should be about telling a story for entertainment (save nonfiction refrence books). You shouldn't have to edit your work just to make someone else happy.  

Graphiti Skies

Osom

Cluttered Cat

11,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:03 am
I'll ask JK Rowling, via a letter I've been writing (she has to read it! gonk Or at least I hope to god she does...)

Anyway, no mod shall delete this.

Because this is so cool.

Although Sirius was known for his ability to catch many girls, although that could be a cover up of his gay-ness. w00t

Pairing Discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff