Reply The Beatles
I need your guys' help. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:23 pm
So. I want to get a tattoo, something fairly inconspicuous, that is a tribute to The Beatles.

I was thinking of getting one just for John Lennon, like Imagine on the inside of my wrist or something but I feel like that's too unoriginal. Plus...I kind of want something for all of them.

So now I'm trying to think of something and any input would be hugely appreciated.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:06 pm
hmm, would you want there pics or just like words?

For example: When I trun 18, I'm going to have JC (Johnny Cash) Tatooed on my ankle, do you want something like that?  

beatlefan2009

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:09 pm
Words. Something so it's obvious what it's for, but not huge and/or long or whatever.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:54 am
Have one that says: "All You Need Is Love - The Beatles"

Simple yet meaningful.  

HistoryWak
Captain

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:12 am
That's definitely something I've considered. In fact, for about a month I was sure that that's what I was going to get.

I think it's still the best thing so far, and I certainly would never regret it. I mean, it's hard to regret such a positive thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:21 pm
Hmm. Well, my opinion on "All You Need is Love" is, well, it's a little cliché. I mean, it is a great message, but sometimes I feel it's over used to the point where it doesn't mean anything anymore. I'm not saying you shouldn't get it, I'm just throwing it out there.
If it were me, I'd get something from like, the first song I heard and liked of the Beatles, that got me into them, or my favorite song ever ever ever that will never change. Of course, if "All You Need is Love" is your favorite, go with that.
But anyway, that's just my opinion. sweatdrop  

Liebe Thelema

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:22 pm
Also, I really love the graph in your signature. It makes me chuckle everytime I see it. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:04 am
And that's exactly what was worrying me about that.

That and the fact that they wrote it specifically to be performed on TV and all....doesn't REALLY take away from the song, but it just makes a tiny little difference to me.

If I were to get something from the first Beatles song I heard/liked...the one I remember hearing and starting my Beatles-love is Blackbird. But it's not my very favourite song.

And I have a ton of favourite songs. I can't decide, I just don't know! xD Maybe I'll go search through all the lyrics of all my favourites and see if anything really jumps out at me.  

practicallyzen

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:07 am
And now I'm thinking Tomorrow Never Knows, or maybe Here Comes The Sun (that always having been...my song, before I knew it was The Beatles, when I was a kid).  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:48 pm
What about the words "I believe in Yesterday"? Just a random suggestion. It's my favorite Beatles song, and it holds a lot of meaning for me, but prolly not so much for other people.  

Sydney Bunny

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Yesterday is a gorgeous song, and I love it to pieces - but it's definitely a just-Paul song, I know that when he performed it it was usually just him and a guitar on the stage, and all that, and I dunno...I'm looking for one that's not so centered around one person, I guess. Though I know each song is a somebody-song, but not in the same way as Yesterday. I don't think I'm even making sense anymore.

Anyway, Yesterday to me seems like such a sad song, and I want something really positive. And I'm a live-in-the-present, make the future good, sort of person, I guess... ;D hence loving Here Comes The Sun. And Getting Better, too. "It's getting better all the time..."

Hmm. I've got lots to think about.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:01 pm
or you could do a simple 'The Beatles'  

beatlefan2009

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:07 am
If you want one for john I think the picture from the cover of imagine would be really neat. I'm not going to be of much help really. sorry. lol.

ADDED:
If it were me, I'd probably so a song lyric or something on the inside of my wrist. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:18 am
A song lyric on my wrist is what I'm aiming for. C: Now I'm just working on deciding which one.  

practicallyzen

Sydney Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:31 am
Ah. I can't honestly say I know anything about which songs belonged to each person. -shrug- But that made sense, I promise. ^^ Maybe you can google songs that were all the Beatles...  
The Beatles

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff