Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo 's Critters [Under Construction! (But still open)]

Back to Guilds

Tags: Nintendo, Critter, Mascot, Video Game, Friends 

Reply Chatterbox [Chat away, folks!]
Fairy Alchemist & georgestow, & all! (pokemon beat digimon) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mattzere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:37 am
scream How could you say such mean stuff about possibly the greates anime' of all time!?
of cource i'm talking about your accusations of Digimon.
Digimon OWNS pokemon, every day of the week, every week of the year, every year of the...
...years?
sweatdrop
it's just plane awesome!
granted, the first pokemon series was ok, and they had some good themes, but digimon was waaaay better 3nodding !
and the movie, i mean, COME-ON! the digimon movie RAWKED heart !  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:57 am
Ya,so what.Pokemon has had like 9,10 movies that were all brilliant.Digimon is just a rip-off of Pokemon,and plus when I spell Digimon a red line goes under it,but when I spell Pokemon there is no red line..HA!I have never seen the Digimon movie,but my friend said it was AWFUL,and that boy NEVER......EVER LIES!!!EVER! scream

TAKE THAT scream stressed twisted  

Fairy Alchemist 96

mattzere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:04 pm
I took it and i shoved it...
dramallama <-there!
digimon=mega-win.
Pokemon is dubbed by 4kids. need i say more!?
pirate check mate, jin, uno, rah and i end my turn! twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:08 pm
Ya,4 kids,I'm a kid..so there!Digimon is made of Ant Excrement,THERE scream

This is what happens when me and George what Digimon arrow burning_eyes  

Fairy Alchemist 96

PrismScepter
Crew

Invisible Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:11 pm
I remember when I was younger really liking the first 2 seasons of Digimon, but now I barely remember it.

Even back then though, I was mainly a pokemon fan. Pokemon was the first cartoon series I ever became obsessed with and while I don't have the showing time memorized or anything, I will watch it still today.

My obsession is to the point that based a something in the background for only a few moments in the background I was able come up with a theory and calculate the minimum lvl Ash's pikachu could possibly be at that point in time. That was episode Episode 542 - Pika and Goliath! and the minimum lvl I calculated was lvl55. xd

I think in general part of the appeal of pokemon over digimon is evolution vs digivolution:

-With pokemon the names and appearances of the evolved forms for the most part make sense.

-With digimon, the forms after digivolving didn't always make much sense, and thus made it harder to remember them.
Ex. patamon digivolves into angemon

On a final note.....Are you all incapable of having a civilized debate backed up by facts and well thought out opinions, instead of just insulting the other side? I know this is the internet where what you say doesn't really matter, but please show you have working brains! xd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:05 pm
*brain stops working*

Duhh.......

*someone whacks head, brain whizzes back to life*

Well, I think I'm going to have to side with Pokemon on this one, if only because it's much more involved.

I mean, have you ever played a Digimon game? I did, and while it was fun for a while, it quickly got boring. Pokemon has an extremely well-applied battle system, and I NEVER get tired of the gym puzzles. (Though even Pokemon bores me after I beat the elite)  

Zapatorf
Crew

Kouenki
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:57 pm
Digimon World for the Playstation beats all Pokemon games ever made! The Digimon shows had a better storyline and the monsters could actually talk instead of just saying their names over and over again.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:54 am
I don't know about shows or movies, but, I think Pokemon is a better game for me. It allows the industrious side of me a chance to really get obsessed and addicted over states and the other part a chance to name them fun things and such.

I can't really comment on Digimon as I haven't played much of it, but, I do agree the Digivolving is a bit too complex for me rather than dot-to-dot lines. Chances are, I'd probably like Digimon, but, I definitely prefer Pokemon. :3  

Primrose Moon
Captain

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:05 am
Pokemon games are way better thsn anything Digimon can through at me!
Okay, I'll admit, Pokemon is a bit stupid and weird, but face it, so's Digimon. And yes, perhaps Pokemon's anime sucks sompared to Digimon, but that's all Digimon is! IS Digimon stil running? NO! Are they still printing the Digimon TCG? NO! Popular majority favours Pokemon. Also, Pokemon manga PWNS Digimon.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:12 pm
when i was a kid i liked both pokemon and digimon..but i can hardly remember anything from digimon...pokemon is way better..definatley 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  

Metal Malicious

4,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

PrismScepter
Crew

Invisible Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:40 pm
GeorgeStow
Pokemon games are way better thsn anything Digimon can through at me!
Okay, I'll admit, Pokemon is a bit stupid and weird, but face it, so's Digimon. And yes, perhaps Pokemon's anime sucks sompared to Digimon, but that's all Digimon is! IS Digimon stil running? NO! Are they still printing the Digimon TCG? NO! Popular majority favours Pokemon. Also, Pokemon manga PWNS Digimon.

Actually, I have seen digimon on TV recently.

Still....Digimon only has 4 seasons. Pokemon is on season 11.

I actually own the game Digimon World 3. I start a file on it like once every two years. I never make it that far before I move on to something else. I heard from a friend that the original Digimon World game was really fun but if your digimon dies even you have to start the game over completely...or something like that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:30 pm
im not into it much anymore, but i definently gotta say Poke wins.

commenting to the incessant ramblings taking place in the first 5 or so posts: cheese_whine would you like some cheese with that wine? cheese_whine

EDIT: Save the drama for your mama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama  

Kirby The 3rd

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:29 am
So far:

Pokemon:
Fairy Alchemist 96
Green-Green79
Zapatorf
Primrose Moon
GeorgeStow
silas_wolf_demond
Kirby The 3rd

Digimon:
mattzere
Kouenki

Nice ratios, matti! xd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:32 pm
Sorry guys,you picked the wrong place to fight Pokemon,one of the most succesful Ninty games talk2hand  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Kirby The 3rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:32 pm
Fairy Alchemist 96
Sorry guys,you picked the wrong place to fight Pokemon,one of the most succesful Ninty games talk2hand

very good point. cant beat the Nintendeans. BOW TO CRITTENDO!!!  
Chatterbox [Chat away, folks!]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff