Reply The Beatles
Good Beatle biographies? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:39 pm
I'm always looking for more stuff to read on them.

So far I've got a biography on The Beatles by Bob Spitz (uh, I don't recommend this one), the Anthology by the Beatles themselves (definitely the best so far), McCartney by Christopher Sanford, Here Comes The Sun by Joshua M Greene, John by Cynthia Lennon (which I haven't finished yet) and Memories of John Lennon (not a biography at all).

Has anyone read any good ones that they can recommend?

PS I've asked for John Lennon: The Life by Philip Norman for Christmas. I have no idea if it's going to be good or not, but I plan to find out...without spending my own money on it. Hahaa. The perfect plan.

EDIT: John Lennon: The Life. A great read! Of course I can't be certain on the accuracy of anything but it certainly was enjoyable. It wasn't a boring old biography, it really kept me interested, I just read it for hours on end.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:59 pm
I read Half of McCartney (can't remember the authors name, wanst paul tho) and that was pretty good, jsut couldn't read the other half cause hmmm...not sure why .lol  

beatlefan2009

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:09 pm
That's probably the one I've got, it's called McCartney as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:53 pm
I just read one for school about John Lennon. It's called Revolution: The Story of John Lennon, by John Duggleby. I think that's his name. It's good.  

stickyfeet

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:29 pm
Anyone know any good biographies on George? I'm interested in reading about him. I'd perfer something personal, not just like a description of his life, but his views on things, you know.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:45 pm
Isn't there his book...I, Me, Mine? I don't know much about it, and I haven't been able to find it except on the internet, but it's by him, so it's gotta be his views, right?

http://www.amazon.ca/I-Me-Mine-George-Harrison/dp/0811859002/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223437528&sr=8-1

Though it seems like maybe it's pretty casual, and not too deep or anything.

Anyway, right now I'm at the beginning of "Here Comes The Sun" by Joshua M. Greene. It's too early to know for sure if it's good or not, but according to the back it "tells the story of George Harrison's musical and spiritual journey with more detail and immediacy than in any other book about Harrison or the Beatles."

I don't know whether to believe that or not. We shall see.  

practicallyzen

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:39 pm
Oh, I didn't know he wrote a book. I'll have to look for that one, then.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:35 pm
I dont really read biographies. The most I've really read was a comic bio on ringo that a friend bought me. And the little bits of information I pick up from place to place.I have to start reading up now though, because I am writing a report on the beatles for school. But I dont really consider it a chore.  

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:15 pm
I wouldn't consider it a chore either! If only I had gotten to write a report on The Beatles for school...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:38 pm
I found I Me Mine at my library, and I just started reading it. It's good so far. I'm so excited! Haha.  

Liebe Thelema

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:42 am
So Static
I wouldn't consider it a chore either! If only I had gotten to write a report on The Beatles for school...
My teacher's on one of those "choose your own topic" kicks. lol. So when I found out I had to write a 5 page paper I figured it might as well be about something interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:53 am
Does anyone know of any good online biographies?  

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

lucyinthesky64

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:13 pm
Here Comes The Sun by Joshua M. Greene is awesome! It's definitely one of THE best George bios out there 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:31 pm
Paul McCartney by Alan Clayton.
That's pretty good.

paawiis

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:38 am
Okay, I'll look around and see if I can find it anywhere.

Thanks.  
The Beatles

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces