Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
The Biggest Loser Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:19 pm
Anyone here watch the biggest loser?

I find it inspiring yet very frustrating. They have lost so much weight but I have to keep in mind, thats all they have been doing. They don't have jobs and school and other things, just the goal to lose weight while being on the show. So in a way, I can't compare myself to them. But I also can look at them and say, hey, they did it, so can i.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:10 am
I wish I had the time those people have. xp Think of how much you could do in that time! *Sparkly eyes* biggrin But eh, we're smart people, we can multitask. xd heart  

Fuzzykit

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:42 am
exactly. we can multitask! we can lose weight, it'll just be a bit slower, which is probably better anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:04 pm
I've never watched "the biggest loser", but I could surmise some things based on our convo here.

- first off, if they're really really huge people, they're going to lose a lot more weight doing the same amount of work as a lighter person. For example, you could see a lighter person climb a flight of stairs with no strain, but a really heavy person is going to huff, puff, and break a sweat from climbing that same flight of steps.

- Secondly, you can look at the time required for losing weight in two ways.

+ you can look at weight loss as being a fast process in itself. For example, if it took you 2-5 years to gain 20-50 pounds, and you melted those pounds off in 6 months, isn't that fast?

+ it's actually a bad thing to desire losing weight too fast. It's dangerous. You can lose up to two lbs a week and be alright. But I have a motto to share with the rest of ya: "The faster you drop it, the faster you pack it back on".

the important thing is to keep your head high. Be optimistic that you can make real changes in your life smile  

Grip of Death
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:44 am
i still find it inspiring because they have to push themselves to become better people. and they go through a lot but they are doing great. and i am aware of the weight loss differences between a fat person and a smaller person. which i guess works to my advantage.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:38 pm
I admire people who put dedication into making themselves feel secure about themselves and losing weight and that. But at the same time I also have a kind of admiration for people who know they're overweight, admit it, but don't care what others think.  

Fuzzykit

Grip of Death
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:52 pm
Fuzzykit
I admire people who put dedication into making themselves feel secure about themselves and losing weight and that. But at the same time I also have a kind of admiration for people who know they're overweight, admit it, but don't care what others think.

that's true. It takes the emotional effort for both sides.

I also admire heavy people who do not care what others think. Sadly, lots of people act so superficially when it comes to heavy people that it's almost required for a heavy person to flick off other people's perceptions of him or her in order to retain his or her sense of dignity and esteem.

My only concerns in that area is if the person is so comfortable with him or herself that they do not see possible real threats to health.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:27 pm
thats how i am, i really am okay with me fat. like when i was skinnier i was soo much harder on myself. weird huh? anyway, i worry about my health, and im getting to a point in my life that if i met the right man i could get married and have babies. i want to be healthy for that. infertility problems can come from being overweight as well as other aspects of pregnancy can be complicated. so i want to be healthy for that. i also want to be able to hike more and things without it practically killing me  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:27 pm
I am, according to a couple of surveys I did, most likely to die of heart attack, stress-related. I'm trying to keep it that way and not die of heart attack, caused by clogged arteries. whee Man, even saying that nasty thing about clogged arteries makes me want to lose weight. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:57 pm
we learned in my nutrition class that your arteries are already having a nice layer on them by your teens. at least in america.  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:41 pm
That's pretty nasty. xp And sadly, I'm not surprised in the least. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:51 pm
I kindof dont like watching the biggst loser
I mean sure they are loosing weight and thats good
but they are in so much pain wile losing weight
and I dont really like pain
and I dont want to associate it with weightloss, it kinda makes me not want to do it so much  

I be me

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:41 am
I be me~ yes that is very true. it is pretty extreme what they do, and not as healthy as a slow steady weight loss. but it is teaching them how important exercise is.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:21 pm
that show gives me inspiration... and frustrates me. Like mentioned before, I have to constantly remind myself that they have personalized training plans, all the time in the world, and a HUGE motivation - cash.  

Indie_Marauder

Emotional Klutz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:50 pm
I loved that show. It sorta inspired me, in the sense that i wanted to get up and do stuff, but i didn't.. so meh.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games