Fantasy! *_*
  Romance! ^_~
  Horror! o_o
View Results

Primrose Moon
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:49 am
Greetings loyal Crittendians!

Today I've made this thread for people who are bored and can't find any things to enjoy themselves with. Mainly it's about TV shows, books, movies, anime, manga, comics and dramas/soap operas, but, I'm sure we can fit some other things in there too if you want to. It's simple if you can't find anything to watch or read, then I think you should post here and tell s what sort of thing you're looking for so that we can all help.

I mean, I think it's about time i use my knowledge of books and movies to help epople find something fun. And perhaps some people an finally help me find some boks to read.

You can also discuss thinsg you ariousl read, wtached or enjoyed here too! Sometimes that makes you want to see it or read it een if its' not usually your cup of tea.

So come on in! No forms, no hassle, just a search for entertainment. Do throw us a bone, though. Like I'm looking for a good sci-fi book or something (the more specifics the better, of course) but at least something to go off of is nice.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:07 am
Has anyone here ever read the Artemis Fowl series,Its an amazingly brilliant series and if you havnt read it you really should......thats my reference for people looking for a Fantasy/Action/Comedy book.  

Fairy Alchemist 96

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:24 am
Why does nobody read The Dark is Rising series by Susan Cooper....
It's amazing! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:05 am
I shall read that book next when I'm finished the book I'm reading now,which is...........................THE NEW ARTEMIS FOWL BOOK!!

Best book ever if you ask me 3nodding  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Primrose Moon
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:31 am
Are you enjoying your Artemis Fowl then, Fairy?xD
I'm pretty sure I've read it all.

And what's the Dark is Rising series like then, George?
I'm looking for new books.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:29 pm
I'm not really sure how you'd describe it, but on a scale of amazingness, it rates about the same a Death Note.  

GeorgeStow
Crew

mattzere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:12 pm
oooh, recomending are we?
auther: Garth Nix
series: Old kingdom
manga: Tsubasa
Anime: Yu-gi-oh! 5Ds
Movie: WALL.e

i've read artemis fowl, it is pretty awesome-sauce! i too highly recomend it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:35 pm
A good manga and anime series(although definitely one aimed more towards girls) is Ouran High School Host Club. It's a "romantic-comedy" for lack of a better description. It has a romance theme, but at the same time there's much more to it then that.

To really good Fantasy mangas are +Anima and Immortal Rain. +Anima is rated 13+ and is more of a fantasy/adventure series. Immortal Rain is a more mature series with some volumes rated 13+ and others 15+ and it is a fantasy/drama/romance.

PrismScepter
Crew

Invisible Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Primrose Moon
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:36 am
Wow, I know a lot of these things that people are suggesting. :3

Garth Nix's Old Kingdom is pretty good, that I agree on, but, i find the first book is definitely better than the other two. Lirael is a very angsty character who I personally don't like all that much.

Ouran High School Host Club is something I recommend too. ery funny. Can't say much about the mnaga as I ahven't read it yet, but I definitely enjoyed the anime.

+Anima and Immortal Rain? My sister was reading those at one point.xD

I'm gonna throw in Brian Jacques' Redwall as a suggestion, too. It's a great fantasy series about animals. Don't be deterred because it's about animals, tohugh, it's really readable and fun. There's also Redwall TV show which is good.

Also, Gakuen Alice, Akazukin Chacha and Hime-chan no Ribbon are all very cute magical anime and manga that are quite childish, but, charming at the same time. They're a little on the shoujo side (less so Gakuen Alice) but they're quite good.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:28 am
Oh,I have another book,Fantasy/Action this time.Its called the "Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel" series,theres been 2 books so far,"The Alchemist" and "The Magician" and the new one coming out in 2009 is called "The Sorceress".  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:22 pm
HEY GEORGE?!?

I just finished 'The Dark Is Rising',and you were right,it was amazing.
I liked Merriman,dunno why,just do.

STUPID HAWKIN!! scream stressed scream

-cough-

Sorry for the outbreak sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:20 am
Fairy Alchemist 96
HEY GEORGE?!?

I just finished 'The Dark Is Rising',and you were right,it was amazing.
I liked Merriman,dunno why,just do.

STUPID HAWKIN!! scream stressed scream

-cough-

Sorry for the outbreak sweatdrop

Yeah boi!
If you read the rest of the series, you find out some really cooll stuff about 'Merriman'...
I will say no more. mrgreen  

GeorgeStow
Crew

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:03 pm
Huh?Merriman.........I need to know more crying
GOTTA READ THE BOOKS scream

Merriman rocks  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:04 pm
For books I highly recommend both the Twilight and Eragon series as well as Arabian Nights, all of the books are fantasy (Twilight counts!) and I am sure you all already know what they are about so I am just telling you guys that they are must reads!!!  

NameHasBeenChanged

7,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:08 am
I need to read Twilight,everyone's telling me it's a must read,vampire stuffy romance and all.But I'm not too keen on Vampire's,they're all blood sucking and stuff in all books,except 'Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel' series.
GO SCATHACH,THE IRISH VAMPIRE WARRIOR,WHO'S A GIRL,WOOOOO!! blaugh  
Chatterbox [Chat away, folks!]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces