Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KeirAzuma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:43 pm
Gurren Lagann takes place in a fictional future in which human beings have been forced under Earth's surface and live in isolated subterranean civilizations. These "villages" have no contact with the surface world or other villages. Because frequent earthquakes damage infrastructure, the villages must constantly extend deeper into the earth — individuals relegated to this task are known as "diggers".

Giha Village is the home of Simon, a fourteen-year-old digger who was orphaned when his parents were killed in an earthquake. Although Simon is respected by the village elders as the best of the diggers, he is ostracized by his peers. Simon discovers a special drill key deep in the ground and is soon recruited by an eccentric fellow orphan named Kamina into his group "Team Gurren". Kamina dreams of the surface world, which he once visited as a child, though he had to return home as he was too weak to survive there.

After a failed attempt at reaching the surface, Kamina is jailed by the village elder. Simon resumes digging, only to discover "a big face" deep in his tunnel. As he excitedly fetches Kamina to show him the discovery, Simon is also caught by the village elder. Fortuitously, Kamina's punishment is interrupted by the collapse of the ceiling over Giha Village, as an enormous robot falls into the cavern. A girl named Yoko appears and tries to defeat the machine with a large rifle, but to no avail. Simon takes Kamina and Yoko to the "big face" he found earlier and discovers that the small drill key can be used to activate a small robot, which he uses to destroy the invading robot and effectively break through to the surface.

User Image

Anyone else watch.read/heard of this anime/manga? I personally think it's awesome. ^^

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!?!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:26 pm
Would you like some fries with tha--- WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?! Perhaps only Shishi, Hiroto, and Ayekasong will get that. BUT STILL, it made my summer. ;o;

I'm one of those people who's watching the show for the first time as the dub on Sci-Fi. I absolutely adore it. The infamous Episode 8 sealed the deal for me. If it can make me bawl my eyes out, odds are I'll grow to love it.  

fk12

Kamen Ride

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:06 pm
User Image

The description is highly unneeded. I've watched three times.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:08 pm
It's interesting. :3
Viral is too cool! XDD  

ichinose kaoru

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:35 pm
I love it. >w<
I've already watched the whole series about 348923507490258 times.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:04 am

I read the first chapter of the manga, but I always forget to watch the anime on Monday :<

Puppetry

KeirAzuma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:46 pm
@fk12: Lol, yeah. I remember that. 'Here's your change sir. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?!?!' XD

I've seen up to episode 22 in Japanese, but no luck finding the dubbed version. And I don't watch tv very often so eh. ;_;

@Clown Of God: Meh, whatever. I'm keeping it up anyways.

@Puppetry: veoh.com and onemanga.com, you'll find the manga and the Japanese version of the anime. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:16 pm
I still need to watch that. ;-;
GAIA DISTRACTS ME. DD:

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Kamen Ride

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:25 pm
User Image

You mean I distract you right?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:02 pm

xD I know how to get it. The first chapter didn't motivate me enough to continue the manga, or search for the anime though.

Puppetry

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:15 pm
Clown Of God
User Image

You mean I distract you right?

O YES. TTLY.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:23 pm
KeirAzuma
@fk12: Lol, yeah. I remember that. 'Here's your change sir. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?!?!' XD

Were... you at the panel? Or did you watch it on Youtube or something? :O  

fk12

KeirAzuma

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:22 am
fk12
KeirAzuma

Youtube. Saw the link back on CC.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:33 pm
KeirAzuma
fk12
KeirAzuma

Youtube. Saw the link back on CC.

Either way, that panel made me a very, very happy girl. biggrin  

fk12

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:31 pm
User Image TTGL = most epic anime ever.

I dare you to prove me wrong. >:I

Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]