Reply ~Chao Garden~(Sonic Gaming)
Is sonic doomed!? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nam1018

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:01 pm
Ok many of you know sonic has had many crappy games and the only good ones since the crap started were sonic rush, sonic rush adventure, and sonic and the secret rings and those games were nothing revolutionary like super Mario galaxy. So now many people have made this choice. If sonic next games are good he will have redeemed himself, but if there not then sonic will fall like crash and spyro. So what do you think sonics future is? I think this what will happen. Sonic chronicles will be revolutionary. It will be the next Pokémon and Sega will buy Bioware from EA. Sonic will then have his own final fantasy series if you know what I mean. Sonic unleashed will get a 7.5/10 so it won't be like sonic adventure 2 or mario galaxy but it will be a small step. Then sega will release more crap but sonic will not be dead because of the chronicles series. That’s my prediction but I’m not sure on the unleashed part yet it still looks like it has promise. So do you guys agree or not? Please explain your reasons.
ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:27 pm
imho I think the sonic series is doing alright! i'm hardcore and i have loved every single sonic game i have played. i don't know what sonics future is, but i still foresee him still being sega's mascot for many years to come. to be honest i really don't think any sonic game is crappy.  

x_Soah_x

The Space Shark
Crew

Hilarious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:52 pm
Sonic = love <3

I've loved every Sonic game except 2 (most of Sonic 06 and all of Zero Gravity) and I've still played and beat them.

I agree with Chronicles being a revolutionary move which Sega will stick with, but I also think Sega has finally learned (they've even admitted that their recent Sonic games have sucked). Unleashed is looking like its going to be the franchises console savior and Sonic will find a new nich that works, like the Adventure series did. Black Night is looking good in terms of gameplay so far, but the concept is still quite debatable, but if done right, will rock.

Even if new Sonic games continue to suck I'll still buy them or at the least play a copy that my friend has, because Sonic = love <3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:52 am
For one thing, Crash hasn't fallen. His last game, Crash of the Titans, has sold well over 1 million copies, and it hasn't even been released in Japan. He's getting stronger.

Likewise, Sonic is not falling, either. His games almost consistantly sell over the 1 million mark, which shows that he isn't anywherenear falling. This hysteria is caused by idiots who want peole to think that Sonic absolutely can't work in 3D. If that was true, Sonic Heroes wouldn't be the second best-selling Sonic-only game of all time.  

The Musical Ninja

Melodious Gekko

12,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Asuyuia
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:35 am
Sonic Unleashed looks like it will be a big hit (my profile has trailer if you want to see it)
I have seen nothing wrong with Sonic at the moment and the only games I have not got are ones on PSP or PS3/2 as I do not have them (or if I have not heard about a game)
Sonic Heroes only problem was getting the chaos emeralds (only reason I never finished it)
Just finished Sonic the Hedgehog on xbox 360 (which was great)
If only Sonic Unleashed was out crying
Really looks good  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:31 pm
Well, I think that there will be tons of more games to come. I watched everysingle show, I have played tons of games and I think that the game is much better. There is no way that Sonic is doom, and if it ever happens, then let's fight for it. Any fans with me? scream  

hi5201

The Space Shark
Crew

Hilarious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:07 pm
HERE HERE  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:43 am
I changed my hair blue on this to show support to the worlds fastest hedgehog smile

I will not let Sonic be doomed without a fight
*tries to find Sonic Team's Hq fails and chains himself to a sonic toy instead rolleyes *  

Asuyuia
Crew

nam1018

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:08 pm
If that does happen then I will fight as well!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:42 pm
some of the new games suck but i dont think its doomed and i really hope its not doomed! i love sa2b BEST GAME EVER! 3nodding 4laugh whee  

5ci

Shirtless Werewolf

PL1
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:50 pm
I think they'll do a good job of bringing Sonic out of this slump. I've read interviews and stuff, and they recognize where they went wrong with some games. They're working really hard to make sure the next games will be good.

Sonic and the Dark Knight looks like it'll be spectacular.

Also, since this is a discussion of games ... I'm going to move it over.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:26 pm
xweek
For one thing, Crash hasn't fallen. His last game, Crash of the Titans, has sold well over 1 million copies, and it hasn't even been released in Japan. He's getting stronger.

Likewise, Sonic is not falling, either. His games almost consistantly sell over the 1 million mark, which shows that he isn't anywherenear falling. This hysteria is caused by idiots who want peole to think that Sonic absolutely can't work in 3D. If that was true, Sonic Heroes wouldn't be the second best-selling Sonic-only game of all time.

What?
I didn't think Sonic Heroes was that great.
o.o  

Leowna
Crew

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200

BabylonHedgehogTochiro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:26 pm
sonic heroes sold a lot, but that's not the point. The thing is, we fans must not let people think that sonic's finished (even if mephiles kills him lol) and show people what does sonic has to offer. I think he's much better than Mario (biggest competition) for many reasons:
1- Mario is fat and slow, sonic is fast and cool.
2- Sonic does looks cool, he doesn't wear trousers and makes weird yays when he jumps...
3- Sonic's partners are way much better than mario's. Tails and knuckles are much better than luigi or toad.
4- Sonic bosses are way harder and more evil than Mario enemies.
Etc, etc...  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:26 pm
ShadowTochiroKiske
sonic heroes sold a lot, but that's not the point. The thing is, we fans must not let people think that sonic's finished (even if mephiles kills him lol) and show people what does sonic has to offer. I think he's much better than Mario (biggest competition) for many reasons:
1- Mario is fat and slow, sonic is fast and cool.
2- Sonic does looks cool, he doesn't wear trousers and makes weird yays when he jumps...
3- Sonic's partners are way much better than mario's. Tails and knuckles are much better than luigi or toad.
4- Sonic bosses are way harder and more evil than Mario enemies.
Etc, etc...
Duuude, don't bash a Nintendo classic.
xP

Leowna
Crew

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200

x-IWuvU

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:11 am
Idk I think that they we're okay until the release Sonic unleashed like come on guys a werehog? Half my friends who have not played sonic games play this one they say that it was a waste of their time and money. So they need to figure out what they are going to do next and do something about it cause I would not want to play a Sonic/ Werehog game ever again.  
~Chao Garden~(Sonic Gaming)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff