Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Dreadlocks Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slayer Igraine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:26 pm
To anyone else who wears fake dreads, how do you attach them, and how well does it work for you? I've tried quite a few different ways of getting dreadfalls to stay in and not hit on something I'm 100% satisfied with yet. :/  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:30 pm
Cyberlocks?  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:06 am
My roommate makes them with loops at the end, but we're still looking to find a person to weave them in. Either that, or there are tons of sites dedicated to dreadfalls ;3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:06 am
-Resurrected Writer-
Cyberlocks?

Cyblerlocks are the springy coils like This lady has in.  

Slayer Igraine

Slayer Igraine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:07 am
Candy Bomber
My roommate makes them with loops at the end, but we're still looking to find a person to weave them in. Either that, or there are tons of sites dedicated to dreadfalls ;3

I already have one dreadfall, pre-made, but I also have a shitload of loose dreds and am trying to find the best way to make those into dreadfalls. I've already searched around on quite a few sites, and tried what some of them are saying, and I'm still not entirely happy with the result. That's why I'm posting here.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:31 am
it really depends on what look you are trying to achieve. Envision the style you are going for, then find the hair accessories that would best hold that look, finally attach your dreds to the hair accessory in the desired position to achieve the look you see in your mind.

mostly it's trial and error till you reach your goal. 90% perspiration, 10% inspiration to achieve magic.  

Keevan Draco

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:31 pm
oh i make some but i put them on a peice of tailors fabric (that black/white sreachy stuff) so i can just put my hair in pony tails and tie them in  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:02 am
KeevanSixx
it really depends on what look you are trying to achieve. Envision the style you are going for, then find the hair accessories that would best hold that look, finally attach your dreds to the hair accessory in the desired position to achieve the look you see in your mind.

mostly it's trial and error till you reach your goal. 90% perspiration, 10% inspiration to achieve magic.

That was... really not helpful. XP But thanks anyway.  

Slayer Igraine

Slayer Igraine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:03 am
o_0-Toxic Dreams-0_o
oh i make some but i put them on a peice of tailors fabric (that black/white sreachy stuff) so i can just put my hair in pony tails and tie them in

How long is your hair, may I ask?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:34 am
I make mine out of yarn, then I fold them over a hair tie and sew them onto that. Or As I've seen you can use a zip-tie to attach them to a hair clip. But I prefer hair ties better, they tend to be easy to get in, remove, and they stay in all night.  

Laharl Part Deux

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:03 pm
Slayer Igraine
Candy Bomber

I already have one dreadfall, pre-made, but I also have a shitload of loose dreds and am trying to find the best way to make those into dreadfalls. I've already searched around on quite a few sites, and tried what some of them are saying, and I'm still not entirely happy with the result. That's why I'm posting here.

I think that she said something about threading a strand of hair through the loop, braiding it in with a couple other small strands, then where your hair ends, tie it with a rubber band. I have a pic of my buddy. Don't tell her XD

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/Kokueisakana/Fashion photos/l_4a642bebf7e9e61ad79ba877b46e9bd8.jpg

Where you see those rubber bands is where her braids or twists stop. It also helps if your hair matches lol.

I really really hope I helped.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:56 pm
anyone ever consider dreading your real hair then saturating it in acrylic?  

AEtherclaw

Lady Pureblood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:43 pm
I have Dread falls, i Luv Them. ^__^ you pin them in. heres a link to a pic of them.

http://blood-nin379.deviantart.com/art/Dread-Falls-99388827  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:43 pm
Slayer Igraine
o_0-Toxic Dreams-0_o

How long is your hair, may I ask?

Really short but if yout hairs long then you can put it into buns  

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

Surrealys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:37 pm
Mine are attached to a hairclip and an put it on my ponytail.
I know some who have them on a hair tie.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff