Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you watch?
  yes!
  no.
View Results

Hyonni

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:57 am
Starting today, August 8th, 2008, the 29th summer Olympics will be held in Beijing, China. Being a Chinese born Canadian, my favors go out to both countries, and I cannot be partial to either.

Who will you be rooting for in the 2008 Beijing Olympics?

PS: The smog conditions in China are quite abysmal. What kind of effects do you see coming with the present smog?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:37 pm
I'll be rooting for U.S.A. in most of the games, but for Shunsuke Nagaski from Japan in the Trampoline events.

The smog will definitly do some damage to the sensitive athletes.  

Pretty Leaf

Hikari_zutto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:33 pm
I can't wait to watch tonight!

But like most peeps here in the US I'll be rooting for the USA teams. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:37 pm
OO I be watching but I dunno who to root for! O.o  

XvXYuNiEXvX

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:03 pm
I don't root for anyone. sweatdrop I just like watching. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:26 pm
I'm rooting for China... with the odd bit of cheering for Canada here and there. (Hey, it's where I've been born and raised!).

Honestly, the smog is just... I can't even describe how awful it is. If they're so desperate as to go to drastic measures- stuffing pollutants into the atmosphere for rainfall to clear the smog, etc- they should have thought of that BEFORE everyone went and over-used new technology with old systems. But if you think about it, you can't just take away all of their rights just because there are so many of them. I mean, why isn't anyone pointing the finger at North America, in which people use diesel gas and drive their huge, gas-guzzling hummers?!  

Chinese Chami

sea-rover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:43 pm
i'm watching it right now heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:20 pm
Yeah it is pretty interesting, although because I live in Canada, there won't me much badminton or tennis coverage. They'll follow our Canadian, who will get wrecked by Lin Dan. Same thing with Federer or Nadal. It's a shame we aren't that good at those sports.  

Hyonni

sandrabang

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:26 pm
There's not a certain one I'm rooting for but I'm watching it right now.
I'm rooting for China, Vietnam, USA, and Canada. I have family all over the place and my ethnicity is diverse.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:45 am
The opening ceremony was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

You Chinese people sure know how to put on a good eye-candy spectacular. *o*.

It's the BEST performance I've ever seen so far, far surpassing any previous Olympic opening ceremony (and heck even Cirque du Soleil, LOL xD).

Let's just hope that this message of peace and prosperity doesn't just stay in the Olympics! D:
Speaking of such, this has also got to be the most behind-the-scenes politically controversial Olympics ever. I mean we got the Tibet thing going on, the Darfur crisis, the war in the Middle East....etc. Heck probably even the most protests during the whole global run of the Olympic torch. This will probably be on the Guiness World Records for 'most protested Olympic event' XD.

I am supporting my home country, the Philippines. And since my family and I moved around a lot, I will also be rooting for another country which I also call home: Japan. And now, I will also root for my current residential country. I'm not ready to call it home yet, but I will still root for USA.

Oh, and I'm having a sort of bias towards Finland too. =P. I'm only supporting them because my favorite [metal] band in the whole wide world (Nightwish btw) comes from Finland xD; I was so silly to do the rockstar devil horn sign when they came on during the country parade thing. XD; I almost did it, but I stopped because I was afraid of what my relatives will think of me. ^^;

So I'll also be supporting Finland. sweatdrop

Jelai

[purple banana]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:22 am
i loveedd the opening ceremony

im rooting for China. and USA. and South Korea kinda ^^

사랑해~ ㅋㅋㅋ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:47 am
At day two, China has already two medals; both of them gold.  

Hyonni

Anima2nboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:05 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

I guess I should care more about the Olympics, but I really don't. On a different note... Hasn't Shunsuke Nagasaki gone on Yakitori? Or Ninja Warrior? I remember him getting as far as the 3rd stage 3nodding
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:53 pm
I loved the Opening Ceremony! It was amaziing!!

I'll be rooting for USA!!

Liilac

Vampire

5,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Jelai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:58 pm
Anima2nboy
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

I guess I should care more about the Olympics, but I really don't. On a different note... Hasn't Shunsuke Nagasaki gone on Yakitori? Or Ninja Warrior? I remember him getting as far as the 3rd stage 3nodding
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

You're not the only one that doesn't really care. I don't either. ^^;
I'm more into the arts, so I especially stick around to watch the opening and closing ceremonies. xD; I think Beijing's was the best performance so far.

But like last...last year, during the 2006 Winter Olympics was my first time to actually even care about watching the sports. ...I watched all of figure skating. xD; but only because it is very similar to dance. I'm so glad that Japan won, even though they only won one medal throughout the whole winter Olympics.

Although I was really pissed off that I didn't get to see the whole opening ceremony for Athens 2004. At that time I really could care less. Now I regret it, because...I mean come on it's Greece, home of the olympics. Well I guess there's youtube. xD;

I think I'll actually be watching more this year. I just watched the cycling/canoeing a few minutes ago XD.

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff