Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Dear Death Note Fans. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

n a t h i i - x D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:38 pm
There is a rumor that America is going to make Death Note movie...

Into a horror film.

~~~

American Death Note Movie In Development

Universal Pictures has revealed that Vertigo Entertainment (not “Vertigo Films,” which is an unrelated film production company) is developing an American live action film adaptation of Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata’s supernatural suspense manga story Death Note. The Death Note franchise has already spawned three live action films in Japan. Brothers Vlas and Charles Parlapanides have been hired to construct a screenplay for an American Death Note feature.

Source: ShockTillYouDrop.com

~~~

From what I have heard, they plan on using Zac Effron to play as Light.

Any comments on this one guys?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:07 pm
Death Note being a horror film?
I see failure.

Well I did see a picture of Zac that looked suprisingly like Light/Raito? so I guess he would be good for the part.  

A Bathing Panda

[pain]TING

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:10 pm
I'm not a huge fan of Death Note, but I like the general gist of the manga. It's pretty cool.

This, however, does not sound like a good idea. No. Not at all. I don't want to see this happen. We don't need to milk the Death Note cash cow like this. Like what are the chances of this actually being a good film that won't be shunned by every Death Note fan boy alive?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:40 am
User Image

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
oh!...i have seen the manga and the movie one....
but i think i remake won't do... lol
just watch the anime one...it's more interesting....
if zac will be cast....hope he can forplay the character....
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

iBlackros3

PoppyLander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:49 am
Ehh..Zac Efron..I personally think it'll be okay if he acts it well. xP

But anyway, I found this: http://giapet.net/2007/09/08/i-know-the-identity-of-kira/
><  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:54 am
Ew. I can not imagine Zack Effron as Light. Like ew. whee  

Bloody Waffle Fairey

MizukiLee

Friendly Explorer

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:16 am
xd WOAH it's that kid who played in Highschool Musical!

-cough- Okay. I think Zac's face is a bit too bright and happy and giddy to play as Light. Lol, find someone who's more shady.

And the remake isn't all that bad. I'd go to see it for fun. If they're wasting money, pffboo. I'll try to get a few laughs outa the remake while I spend my time in the movie theater. smile The more fail it have, the more laughs I get. Whoo-hoo!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:35 pm
WTF! NOOO i hate it I HATE IT I HATE it.
Dx why do a remake?! what the japanese version ain't good enough for you??!! I'm totally against this!!

uuhh Zac Effron is ugly Dx his eyes creeps me out. trying to seduce girls with them HA! IT SUCKS!!

xP ok, who ever is a fan of him sorry. hehe i was just teasing, anyways i don't like the fact that america is gonna turn Death Note into a horror film, although that be cool, but if they wanted a Death Note horror film, let the asians handle it. Most american horrors always gotta deal with blood, weird looking mutants etc etc. ain't that scary for me.

J ii N G Y u L i

Sesshomaruka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:21 pm
O___________O
i hope this is not true. . .
there just going to ruin it. . . *sigh* =.=

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:29 pm
That's what I'm afraid of.
:'<

I'm scared that they'll make the Death Note Remake into some bloody no plotted gory movie. Zac Effron is an actor, I'm sure he can handle acting. If not, he needs to quit his job career and find a new one.
This is also a good way to enhance his acting skills. Just hopefully, he won't turn out to be some dumb nut who cannot portray the character correctly.

I'm curious as to who L will be :'<

They've already made remakes of My Sassy Girl, Ju-On, and more. Some are pretty good, and some aren't. I just wished America made their own gosh darn movies rather then take it from Asia or any other country in this world.

n a t h i i - x D

J ii N G Y u L i

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:34 pm

I will hate him forever if he can't play the part right!! Dx

Whoever is gonna be L theres no way it'll be better than, whats his name, the one who played L in the J version. <33
O.O THERE WAS A REMAKE OF MY SASSY GIRL??!!
i never knew that.

Yes i agree.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:38 pm
My sister and I are worried that L might look like some emo/pothead/skinnynerd or something.

Aaah! The possibilities!
D:

n a t h i i - x D

J ii N G Y u L i

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:44 pm
NNNUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!
My lovely L OMG nnoooo this can't be!!! Dx

-sighs- i was soo pissed when he died in the manga.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:41 pm
I think that this is fake. But if it is real, I think it'll fail....and Zac as Raito?!?!?! No, no, no, no, no........
Gosh no, getting a real cosplayer to be Raito would be much better than Zac....Plus I can't see Zac going crazy and becoming awesomely cool like Raito.
Seriously.  

Hikari_zutto

n a t h i i - x D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:42 pm
Bah. I heard from sources that Vertigo Entertainment. will be remaking it.

It has already remade Ju-on (The Grudge), Dark Water, Infernal Affairs (The Departed), Gin gwai (The Eye), Shutter, My Sassy Girl, Jungdok (Possession), and Janghwa, Hongryeon (The Uninvited). I doubt this one will be a faky :'<

Edit: LOL. Zac with a crazy look!
User Image
[Wonder if he can pull this one off!]

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out