Reply † Gamer Haven †
'What I learned from video games...' Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:26 am
One of the arguments about games these days is that you don't learn anything from them. Oh how wrong they are...I've learned a lot over the years and now I want to know what you've learned!

It can be something serious (Okami taught me a lot about japanese mythology) or just something silly (I really shouldn't need to give you an example here...) So tell us what you've learned and where you learned it from 3nodding

So to get things started...99% of the time a silver/white haired man will turn out to be a villain and/or will double cross you (various Final Fantasy games)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 am
Enemies will vanish into thin air when you kill them. (tombraider..prince of persia..there must be loads of others too)
If you are trying to sneak into a heavily guarded building, if you accidently alert a guard, hiding in a locker will make them totally forget about you. (metal gear solid)  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:01 am

If you're told that removing the artifact will release an ancient evil...don't move it just to see if they're right. (Various)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:22 am
lol It'll take about twenty bullet wounds before you eventually die...not just one bullet.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:55 am
Shadow__Dweller
lol It'll take about twenty bullet wounds before you eventually die...not just one bullet.

And even then only if the situation is dramatic enough. I'm looking at you Zack.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:59 am
Not something I've learned, but something I've noticed...I have cried at least once during every Final Fantasy game I've played sweatdrop

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:50 am
eek rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:35 am
I dare you to watch this and not to cry even a little stare

Any character which you have previously fought against, but now joins your team, will suddenly become 100 times weaker *grumble*

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:08 am
Medipacks and healthpacks can be found just lying around behind crates etc, even in places no human has been for hundreds of years.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:22 am
Listening to the mysterious disembodied voice can only lead to trouble. (Shadow of the Colossus)

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:34 am
When you die, just return to your last save point and you'll get another chance.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:47 am
Boss fights are inevitable. Do not attempt to avoid them.

Kalvaya

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:14 am
Trying to escape from a boss fight = epic fail emo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:48 pm
I learned that I prefer to confront fight outright rather than dance around them. And I prefer pretty things.  

Storm Daughter

Distinct Prophet

-Resurrected Writer-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:14 pm
Things really do seem bigger when you eat mushrooms.  
† Gamer Haven †

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff