Submit

Subspace Interference

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:07 am
It's like WOW, but with Star trek.
It's out in 5 days, for PC and Console.
Startrekonline.com for more info.

I'm definitely getting it!

EDIT:
From what I've found, it takes place around "The Wrath of Khan" and you basically play out the movie.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:45 am
I so want that!I wanna get that as well.Finally a Star Trek game.Though I thought this game was put on halt?It obviously isn't if it has the count down clock biggrin .Thanks for letting us know.  

Kizzeh

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Curtis25

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:21 pm
Any info would be cool.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:46 pm
Is it just a general ST game or is it from a specific series?  

Wizard Kittie

Curtis25

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:19 pm
Wizard Kittie

From what I heard its supposed to be set a few years into the future after ST : Nemesis. And supposedly the Romulans are part of the Federation.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:55 pm
Curtis25
Wizard Kittie

From what I heard its supposed to be set a few years into the future after ST : Nemesis. And supposedly the Romulans are part of the Federation.

I was at the thing where the guy talked about it in Vegas and it is set a couple of years after Nemesis and he said friends have become allies and some allies, enemies. but i can't remember everything . . .  

oh bo

Egg

Wizard Kittie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:21 pm
shabam-ilovejamescallis
Curtis25
Wizard Kittie

I was at the thing where the guy talked about it in Vegas and it is set a couple of years after Nemesis and he said friends have become allies and some allies, enemies. but i can't remember everything . . .

Cool!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:34 am
i can't wait for it to come out. they've made the cover of the PC GAMER magazine in stores at the moment. i think it's their september 2009 issue. as it is august and the issue n the stands for many magazines doesn't correspond to the month it actually is.

i got the magazine with the vulcan on the cover. it felt so good reading about how they destroyed the klingon enemy vessels, and everything. wow just like home again.  

AndyX

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100

AndyX

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:37 am
http://www.startrekonline.com/
be sure to read up on all that has happened in the universe since the last movie
just under the side menu under universe / The Path to 2409.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:38 pm
apparently i missed something not seeing the new Startrek XI film
Hobus SuperNova!? no more Romulus and Remus?  

AndyX

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100

Frogr1701

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:14 am
I read a preview on this game recently in a PC Gamer magazine.

If you can believe that phasers come in a "gatling shotgun" form, the Klingons will attempt to use the Guardian of Forever in which you will form a badass away team and chase after said Klingons, the ship customizer will allow complete n00bs to generate ships that are uglier than a bad kitbash model, the Sovereign-class (Enterprise-E) comes in a "Pimp-my-Ride" form, and Klingon Raptors will appear as a new hotness item (because apparently the designers decided that Enterprise never happened in ST:O so they aren't ridiculously old ships but considered brand new), then it's the Star Trek MMORPG experience you've been waiting for.

Completely necessary to integrate Star Trek into a World-of-Warcraft playing field? Yes. Will I be playing said concoction (with the monthly fee)? Maybe.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:36 am
I`d really really like to try it out....cant wait!! whee  

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

AndyX

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:47 am
well i realize it may not be trek canon but loot is fun to find in any game let alone MMOs. and it wouldn't be too interesting unless you find a variety of loot, or try to find some way of making the same 10 phasers you've taken off each corpse into a better phaser, or taking X many Phasers and turning them in at some relpicator to make blankets for the homeless planetary refugees.

i read that article too and i'm not sure that i believe his description of the gattling shotgun mostly because it sounds like an oxymoron,
let alone sounding like the weapon would have a better accuracy if you just chucked the weapon at the enemy.

I hope that we are able to find / build ship upgrades in game as far as loot goes as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:52 am
from what i recall reading you are given points in which you can upgrade your shipboard abilities, sensors, tactical, engines, etc

and then you will be given a list of Character abilities that you can upgrade by putting points into. Engineering, Medical, Security, Science, etc.  

AndyX

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100

Tennoko Endellion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:16 pm
Gasp.

I MUST PLAY THIS GAME.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items