Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Personal] How are you? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:57 pm
I've got into this habit of asking one of my friends how her mental health is, instead of how she is; around here, all anyone takes into account when going to answer that question is physical health. If I wasn't to say what I do, she'd invariably quickly say "fine" even if she felt lousy.
So, basically, this is a thread in which people can say how they're feeling, how they are, at this moment in time. Good, bad, lousy, excited, bored?
Since some of the things which happen to us aren't that major, (not enough to warrent a thread) but still have an effect on how we feel, and it's good to get these things off one's chest. Even if it's one sentence.
I'll rephrase; how do you feel?

Personally, I'm currently hungry, I'm sure I'm suffering from delayed reaction tiredness, my mouth tastes aweful, but I'm really happy. I can get up whenever I want, and go to bed when I want right now. Someone likes a oneshot fanfic I wrote, I finally got around to getting this thread together, and I've counted and cleaned the Phoenix Wright thread in the picture post.
I'm also hopeful about coming out to my parents since we were in Berlin. In order to get part of my cosplay outfit, we wandered all over the place, including through part of the "gay triangle" (which is an area around three particular streets) and they didn't freak out, despite that there was a huge rainbow flag flying and everything.
I still can't quite sort out the strange muddle of shock, disapproval and relief I felt when on hearing the mildly disgusted comment from my dad that there didn't seem to be "many black people around, they must not like city because of the large gay community." I hate it when they throw casual, racist generalisations around. gonk But I'm glad that my parents aren't homophobic?! *Headdesk.* What a mess. DDDD:

I talk too much. :/  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:33 pm
EDIT: Now I'm even worse. My mom just called and told me that my grandpa's system is shutting down and they can't do really anything. So they're just trying to keep him comfortable because he has a day or possibly less left of his life. crying

Right now, I'm less than okay. Over the weekend, I had been with my family, visiting some of my dad's relatives. My cousin, who I hadn't seen in over ten years got married on Saturday, our whole reason for visiting. Before going up there, I'd found out from my mom that my grandpa (dad's dad) had been diagnosed with lung cancer, and that his stupid doctors couldn't get him in to schedule his biopsy until the seventeenth of this month. That's almost one month since his diagnosis. And today, my parents found out that his heart was only working at fifty percent and that he couldn't breathe. So he was put in the hospital, and my parents went back up to where he lives to see him again. My mom called me not too long ago and told me that he doesn't look good and that he might not even make it to the end of the day. And with how he looked when I saw him over the weekend, I don't think he'll last much longer either. He was absolutely miserable. He's really skinny, and losing more weight still, he's weak, he could hardly talk, and he coughed a lot, which was more of a wheeze than anything. So I'm about to breakdown and cry. cry  

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

teddytoles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:32 pm
I am stuck in the middle of being with two people. I can't seem to find a balance that can make both people happy. This is causing me to be more nervous and more likely to freak out on anything. I am also very confused at what I should do and how I should do it. I am happy and sad all at the same time. In physical sense: My finger hurts and I have scratches from my dog.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:24 pm
Well i am feeling the same as always. Everyone looks at me and will either see me as a happy go lucky girl that is annoying and not worth the time of anyone. But in class i'm the shy creepy girl that(never moves even though i'm just asleep) the compelte smart person that cares overly about her work. Even thought i hardly work at all o_o. But in other words i'm fine.  

The Invisable Spaz

Anxious Lover

11,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

carrionteeth

Versatile Worshipper

11,925 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:23 am
I am feeling a litte bit between happy and nostalgic and just... slightly... bored.
I just got back from a two-week-long road trip in a housebus with my family. I'm happy to get home because I'm not stuck in a small area with four other people
(including my little brother, who I threatened to stab his eyes out with a bobby pin. After four hours of sitting silently through non-stop talking and off-tune singing and throwing pillows at me, it was close to not being an idle threat.), but sad/nostalgic because I'm not going to hang around up north at the awesome beaches and beautiful places.
Boredom is incorporated into the last statement, because I'm not doing much anymore.
So...yes. ^-^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:24 pm
I'm pissed at my mum, again.

She can't seem to believe how seriously mentally unstable I am and just plays it off as "being a normal teenager". -_-

But thats not why I'm pissed right now... I just had to get that out there sweatdrop

Its Dark In The Matinee

Infinite Pandora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:12 pm
Well, I'm feeling a hell of a lot of emotions right now. Such as excitement, confusion, and angst. I had just gone to see a play on the Laramy(sp?) Project with this girl who I'm starting to develop a crush on, and omg, it was like woah. In the 5+ hours we hung out together I felt a bond form and it totally made me happy. But to my unfortune, she's straight, but whatever. I seriously think that something, even though tiny, in my life has changed.
Sorry for talking a lot, just had to get this off of my chest. ><

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:37 pm
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."
A little depressed. This has been a bad week. The worst week so far.
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

User_2629207

darkdragon_illusion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:09 pm
Very stressed. It has been a couple of long weeks and nothing seems to be going right. In fact, everything seems to be getting progressively worse.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 pm
Hmm I am feeling peachy keen actually. I just turned 21 and I have an Ice cream cake in my freezer XD. I recently started posting again on Gaia and I am procrastinating whats not to love about that.  

Lee-pun

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 pm
Hugs to those that aren't feeling that great!

I'm feeling pretty good. After years of being tired every. single. day. I am finally getting that, my weight, my previously-wacky sleeping schedule and just my overall health under control. I'm currently passing all my classes and I'm going to be graduating this year. Finally. I'm writing again and it isn't crap.

More importantly I'm slowly working up the courage to go downtown to the GLBT centre to talk to someone that I think I'm transgendered and what the heck I'm supposed to do about it.

And little things too. I'm currently listening to some vinyl and and have a ton of new reading material. Enough to last till summer at least. Life is great.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:22 am
Sieffre

More importantly I'm slowly working up the courage to go downtown to the GLBT centre to talk to someone that I think I'm transgendered and what the heck I'm supposed to do about it.

Use the default solution to everything: Be stylish and eat cake. cool

I'm feeling better now smile But that really was a shitty week. Probably the worst week of my life. Ugh. But today was good! The sun was shining for the first time in weeks, I had lots of coffee, a good result on my social studies test... and my brother is in agony <3
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

User_2629207

No Gambling in Paradix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:28 pm
User Image
I'm really exhausted. I've recently been getting under 5 hours a night of sleep. Hate school. Uniforms and backwardness just isn't my thing. I barely even speak the local language, and I can't connect with anyone around here very well.
...But be sure to have fun!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:43 pm
Right now I'm superhappyawesomexcited because I got an amazing deal on some books at amazon.

Bad news is that my comparative civilizations class is going absolutely horribly because I drew lots for the bad teacher who frequently goes off topic and uses the course as a mouthpiece for his own opinions.

@S a f f r o n: Good plan!

Sunshine and coffee can cure anything, can't they? Glad to hear that your shitty week is over, but how is your brother being in agony a good thing? gonk

@Gambling: Oh, that's awful. Language barriers are really hard to get across. What language is spoken where you are right now?

I hope you get more sleep. Tiredness is horrible, I know.  

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:00 am
Oh, you obviously haven't met my brother. I hate him. He's a useless boy whose only talent is making other people miserable. Which is pretty much what he does all the time. He's a terrible person.

My bad week is over indeed, but now I'm just having a terrible day instead. I've got an eye infection in both eyes, so it feels like someone's given me two black eyes, I've got a stomach ache and heartburn, no appetite and now I have a migraine too because my brothers have been fighting and they always scream and slam doors etc.

=(((((((((((
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas