Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Questing HQ
Overabundance of Ideas: A Roniel Quest Thread (out of date) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Watashi no subete chusei nishite!
  Sensei Igaku!
View Results

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:39 pm
User Image

~~~

Welcome to my quest thread! This is the place to go if you want to know what I have in mind for future soq concepts! I'll try to keep it up to date with my current projects and plans but, like the title suggests, I often have more ideas than I can keep up with... and definitely more than I can afford. Hopefully this thread will give me the motivation to get moving and make at least some of these notions a reality!

Feel free to post or PM me about any of the contents in here! biggrin

~~~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:40 pm
~~~~~~

Post of Contents

~Post One~
Title and mission statement

~Post Two~
Post of Contents

~Post Three~
How Roniel Quests

~Post Four~
Current Active Quest Concepts Intro

~Post Five~
Orochi the Demon Dragon

~Post Six~
Antillas the Queen Triggerfish Kelpi

~Post Seven~
Tsuzurao Ninetails

~Post Eight~
Xelloss the Trickster

~Post Nine~
A Distant Bodhisattva

~Post Ten~
Mornidian of the Darkness

~~~~

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:42 pm
~~~~~~
How Roniel Quests

The way I quest is obviously designed around snagging my current favorite of my various quests... but I won't necessarily quest for one specific one at a time. As I gather funds I will attempt to sang increasingly expensive ones. So, while I am low on funding I will attempt to get my less expensive quest soqs but if I have a sudden increase then I will switch to trying to snag the more expensive ones, even if I have not yet gotten the cheaper ones yet.... so mainly it is a case of me attempting to get what I can when I can.

However, if you wish to donate to one specific quest concept I'll be certain to set that particular piece of funding aside for that concept alone.

~~~~ Current Quest Statuses and Funds ~~~

Total funds: ~ 2000k in gold and items
Currently: Saving for Orochi! 2000k/2900k!
Currently focusing on: Orochi

Donors:

King Inversitle eek heart heart heart heart
Lorako heart heart heart

~~~~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:46 pm
~~~~ Current Active Quest Concepts ~~~~

Behold my various quest concepts and the art and ideas I have for them! These ones are the ones that are still hot in my mind and that I still would like to get some day. Though there are doubtlessly other notions being flung around in my mind it is safe to assume that these are my current favorites!

Unless otherwise noted, all quest concept art was done by me. I really enjoy drawing concept art for my custom notions so I can figure out how to make the designs work!

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:52 pm
~~~~ Current Top Quest! ~~~~

~~~~ A Dark Spirit.... ~~~

Being quested for!

(Image!)
Blah blah blah blah blah!

~~ Form~~

.:Regular Soquili:.
Name of horse: TBA
Owner: Revolutionary Roniel (But just Roniel on the cert, please!)
Temper (one word for horse's personality): TBA
Breed: TBA

Description (eye color/hair color/hair style etc):
I'd like him to pretty much look like an evil twin to Vara. So take Vara's design and twist it! >D Take the colors and designs and make them dark and creepy! Ideas include:
- The symbols on Vara's neck, take them and make them more like burn marks with blood dribbles
- Flowers and leaves wilted and diseased looking
- Dark storm clouds instead of happy white clouds
- Grasping claw hands coming out of the clouds instead of embracing
- Blood instead of water for the legs
- Eyes somewhat like Padma's on his face, but red and eeeeeeeevil!
- I would like him to have a red chakra in the middle of his forehead, or an ominous eye marking. >D

I'm not really picky on the specifics... just take Vara's design and twist it!

For the hair/mane, I'm undecided. I like Long2 and Wild, or some combination of them. Also, if I could get the male lines with both front legs down I'd appreciate it!

I've seen unedited soqs with different expressions and their ears back. If it was possible, I'd like him to have a less happy expression and his ears back, please!
Reference image(s):

Vara
Padma
Symbols

Both of the soqs referenced here belong to me!
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult): Adult
Default accessory color(s)?: CC
Tag frame color: CC
Tag feather color: CC
Total Price: 400k

~~~~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:54 pm
heart  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:55 pm
~~~~ Tsuzurao Ninetails ~~~

Being quested for!

User Image
Art by the good people who made the game!

Another enemy from Okami, Ninetails is one that first appears as a friend. She will maintain this tricky nature in soquili form, believing in seducing with words or actions those that she needs and discarding them violently when they are no longer needed.

In soquili form she will be a regular mare with her tail bound into nine. Her heart is dark and corrupted. She idolizes and envies ones with power, especially the skinwalkers that so efficiently terrorize the rest of the soquili population. She longs to join their cursed ranks and wears her snarling fox mask to bring herself closer to them. Until the day that she becomes a skinwalker she has told herself that she will rein herself in and achieve her ends by more manipulative means. Until then she seeks allies, lackies, and power....

~~ Form~~

.:Edited Regular:.
Kind of Soquili: Regular
Name of Soquili: Tsuzurao Ninetails
Owner(s): Roniel (Roniel Revenge is the username but I'd just like Roniel on the cert)
Temper: Manipulative
Breed: Kitsune
Eye color: (beneath the mask) Very deep purple irises
Body color/Patterns/etc: A somewhat manilla/parchment-colored body. Patterned on her are rectangular fur-markings. Beneath her mask I'd like her to be wearing purple eyeshadow and her eyes edited to be half closed in a flirtatious sort of way. If her mouth could be edited to make her seem more flirtatious too, that'd be great. I'd like her to have red hooves.
Starting stage (basket or adult): Adult
Mane/Tail: No mane. For the tail, I'd like it edited into nine ponytails to look like the nine-tailed fox tails in the image. I'd like them to be as thick as the reference image and hanging down all around her back feet. I'd like the little fox mask/puppet things to be included on the tips of them. The base of the tail up to the fox mask thingers should be the same color as her body but the tip of the tail is white with red at the very end.
Clothing edits:
-I'd like her to be wearing the mask in the various reference pics but if you'd be so kind, I'd like a version of her wearing it and then a version of her without it so you can see her flirtatious look beneath.
- Around her neck I'd like a simple chain in either silver or gold (whichever you think looks better) holding a fairly large pendant shaped like the sword she has in
- I'd like her to have some edits to her body in furry swirls. She has fury swirl tufts around her ankles, shoulders, tails, and a sorta tufty area around her neck. I'd like to see those tufts done in the same sort of style as the references, please!
Accessory color(s): You choose!
Tag frame color: You choose!
Tag feather color(s): You choose!
Tag bg: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/hksherra/References/okami-20070130074343043_640w.jpg (Cut and shrunk as necessary!)
Reference pictures (if needed):
One: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/hksherra/References/tsuzurao1.jpg (Reference for the eye make-up and the sword for the necklace)
Two: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/hksherra/References/tsuzurao2.jpg (reference for the mask and sword)
Three: http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/hksherra/References/?action=view¤t=ninetails5.jpg (Tails, swirly tufts of fur, etc.)
Four: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/hksherra/References/ninetails4.jpg (Mask, colors, fur stuff)
Five: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/hksherra/References/ninetails2.jpg (Mask)
Six: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/hksherra/References/ninetails1.jpg (Colors, design, all that jazz)

~~~~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:58 pm
~~~~ Xelloss the Trickster ~~~

WHOO! GOTTEN!!

User Image

~~~~

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:59 pm
~~~~ A Distant Bodhisattva~~~

Whoo! Gotten!!

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:01 pm
~~~~ Orochi the Demon Dragon ~~~

Being quested for!

User Image

Orochi was an eight-headed dragon boss in the video game Okami but I long to turn him into a one-headed kalona that will terrorize soquili instead!

Orochi is as hungry as he is cruel. Untouched and untainted mares are his favorite dish of choice and he has an intense distaste for eating males or any mare that has had a mate before. He is possessive and violent but with a sense of aesthetics. Only the beautiful and pure are worthy of his attention, as unpleasant as that attention may be.

~~ Form~~

].:Kalona Soquili:.
Colorist wanted:
Name of horse: Orochi
Owner: Roniel
Temper: Voracious
Breed: Demon Dragon
Description(wing/horn/tail colors/eye color/hair color/hair style etc): Base body color a fairly dark shade of gray and scaled (markings), like a dragon. Along the underside of his neck, belly, and underside of tail is deep red scaling. These scales are larger belly plates (markings). No mane, as it will be covered by his helm. Wing tines should be the same gray of the body. Wing sails are red like the belly and slightly translucent so you can see the edits behind them. Eyes are pupil-less and white. Hooves are red. Horns are red. There are edits which are included in the edits section.
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult): Adult
Default accessory color(s)?:
Tag Frame color: up to you!
Tag Feather color: up to you!
Hair/Clothing edits (if any): Upon his head is a helm, as shown in reference pictures. The color of it is a lighter gray than his body shade with red circles on the two panels framing his face (those panels are white and gold). The helm is continues down to armor his neck fully. Upon his helm is a decoration shaped like a flame as shown in the reference images with the a Japanese symbol in white upon it. I'd like a mouth edit, gaping open and full of jagged white teeth. On his back sits a structure, as shown in reference images. It's a stone pagoda with a bell hanging from it. The pagoda is a stony gray and looks like it was put together from pieces of cracked stone. The wood supports for the pagoda are a deep red. I'd also like edits around his muzzle. I'd like little chin bristles and fringes of bristles where a mustache would be, as well as on top of his nose. I'd like for him to be breathing a small jet of flames, flames styled like the reference image. I'd also like the flames to be clinging to the back of his legs and looking blown back. I'd like the lines to be thickened into the same sumi-e style as the soquili Amaterasu. His horns should have multiple branches and spikes.

I'd also like him to have a few more panels of armor. I'd like them to match the helm in color and to cover the shoulders and down the front legs. Further armor can be added at the colorist's discretion, so long as it does not cover him entirely.

I have received permission from Amaterasu's owner to reference her here.

Reference Image(s):
Concept drawing of entire custom (For basic color and edit reference, though the design has changed some since I drew this. My descriptions should take precedence over this ref.)
Wingless reference (for a better look at what the pagoda should be designed like behind the wings)
Amaterasu
(For line thickness and style)
Fire reference (And reference for the scaling patterns. Large belly scales, small pointed body scales)
Helm Reference (The red flame atop his helm is the one I'd like on my kalona.)
Symbol on the helm
More helm refs (For details but not colors! Note the pattern on the plate beside the face. The fire ornament on the bottom left is the one I'd like for my soq!)
Large reference for pagoda (the colors should be less golden and more stony gray. The beams supporting the roofs should be red)
More Pagoda color and design
Reference for colors and helm design
Reference for pagoda and bell design (I'd like it without the stairs, so just the half above the level of the stairs.)
Colors for pagoda (The pagoda is partially hidden by the dragon's neck in the center but you can see the stony walls on either side of it.)
Aerial view of pagoda for colors and design
Head reference (For designs of muzzle spines, helm design, teeth design)
Head, helm, etc. (Note the size and positioning of the spines on the face, ridges along nose, teeth, scales, helm, scaling, etc.)
Armor example (for the shoulders and leg armor)
More armor (also for shoulder and leg armor)
One last armor! (In case you need more for shoulder and leg armor!)
For the tag background (Cropped as necessary but with the dragon as the focal point, and darkened/faded as necessary if it distracts from Orochi himself)

~~~~

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:05 pm
~~~~ Antillas the Queen Triggerfish Kelpi~~~

On hold

User Image
Plushie by King!

To many, Antillas is as debonair as he is beautiful. He is fond of his good looks and fond of the attention they bring him, especially to the land-dwelling soquili who find his fins and scaling more exotic.

However, though he may appear to be a friendly, even if self-centered, fellow... that is far from his true nature. Beneath the showmanship is a predatory desire that goes beyond the mere hunger for fish. Antillas is one of the kelpi who delight in luring the occasional land-dwelling soquili to a watery grave and even while laughing with a new friend he is sometimes thinking of how best to claim them by water....

~~ Form~~

.:Kelpi:.
Kind of Soquili: Kelpi
Name of Soquili: Antillas
Owner(s): Roniel (Roniel REVOLUTION, but please just Roniel on the cert)
Temper: Predatory
Breed: Queen triggerfish
Eye color: Golden
Body color/Patterns/etc: Patterned after the queen triggerfish in a manner similar to the reference plushie and images.
Starting stage (basket or adult): Adult
Fin color(s): The colors of the queen triggerfish in a manner similar to the reference plushie and images.
Flying fish wings?: No
Mane/Tail: Mane a fin similar to the reference plushie and doodle. Tail is the long kelpi tail with the fin similar to the references.
Clothing edits: I'd like fin edits, please. I'd like a fin on the neck, back, belly, and the fins on the cheeks like the reference plushie and reference images. I'd also like similar fins on the back of the legs. The fin positions and size are more accurate on the doodle reference than the plushie reference, though I like the colors on the plushie ref.
Accessory color(s): You choose
Tag frame color: You choose
Tag feather color(s): You choose
Tag bg:
Reference pictures (if needed):
Doodle reference: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/hksherra/References/triggerfishsoqnotion.jpg
Reference plushie (But with the tail fin at the end of the long kelpi tail) http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/hksherra/pets/trigger.png
Trigger fish 1: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/hksherra/References/ci00-144.jpg
Trigger fish 2: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/hksherra/References/QueenTriggerfish_jpg.jpg
Trigger fish 3: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/hksherra/References/BAH-queen_triggerfish.jpg
Trigger fish 4: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/hksherra/References/qt_brac.jpg

~~~~
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:09 pm
heart  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:11 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:16 pm
heart