Reply Teams
Diamond Team Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Demon_lord_of_Hades

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:16 pm
hello i just joined and here is my team can someone give me advice and maybe some replacements.

Blaziken
Lvl-88
Nature-mild
Moves-Blast Burn,Blaze Kick,Flare Blitz,Sky Uppercut.

Giratina
Lvl-100
Nature-bold
Moves-Aura Sphere,Earth Power, Shadow Claw,Shadow Force.

Charizard
Lvl-100
Nature-Calm
Moves-Blast Burn,Dragon Claw,Earthquake,Heat Wave.

Tyranitar
Lvl-100
Nature-Quiet
Moves-Crunch,Earthquake,Stone Edge,Thrash.

Lucario
Lvl-89
Nature-Docile
Moves-Aura Sphere,Dragon Pulse,ExtremeSpeed,Force Palm.

Darkrai
Lvl-80
Nature-adamant
Moves-Quick Attack,Dark Void,Pursuit,NightMare.

Groudon
Lvl-100
Nature-Serious
Moves-Earth Power,Earthquake,Eruption,Overheat.

please tell me if i can adjust this team by members,moves anything as for this is my team in diamond.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:29 pm
Well, if it is for competitive battle, I would start by getting rid of the Übers (Giratina, Groudon, Darkrai) as most battles have an über clause preventing their use.

Secondly, you do not need two fire types. I would get rid of the Charizard (lightning and ice vulnerability, not good). Which leaves the Blaziken and the Lucario.

Now, for the moves:

Lucario does not need two fighting moves. Take a heartscale to the move relearner in Patoria and re-teach it Dark Pulse as it will help against its psychic weakness. If would also consider replacing Extremespeed with Water Pulse to cover its fire vulnerability.

As for your Blaziken, it's moveset just sucks, to big a chance of missing with those moves. Instead try: Fire Punch, Brick Break (TM), Earthquake (TM, to take care of opposing fire and electric types), and Aerial Ace (TM, takes care of opposing fighting types). If it has an accuracy of less than 95, it just ain't worth it. Also, the Blaziken is better of using physical moves than specials.

Tyrannitar - Physical, physical, physical, you have a pretty good move set there already, but I would exchange Thrash for Aerial Ace (TM) to take care of that 4x weakness against Fighting and the 2x weakness against Grass. You could replace Stone Edge for Thunderfang (move re-learner) to take care of opposing water types.

I hope this was of some help. ^^  

krishnath

Demon_lord_of_Hades

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:07 pm
thank you it does but who would you guess i should replace my pokemon with cause i have almost all of them since i traded some for like mew and others.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:03 am
Well, since we can skip the übers (that includes mew), we need to figure out what your team need.

I would go for a water pokemon to begin with. The best choices would be either a Bolt-beaming Lapras, a Kingdra, or a Suicune.
After that you would probably benefit from a fast and powerful ghost type such as Gengar with a speed boosting nature.

As for the last one, that is pretty much up to your battle style.  

krishnath

Demon_lord_of_Hades

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:05 pm
well i have a gengar lvl 64 and it's nature is hasty, the moves are mean look,destiny bond, shadow ball and dark pulse. i don' got a kingdra but i have a seadra lvl 72 ,nature quirky, moves, Dragon pulse,hydro pump,dragon dance,surf. My style is all out assault so what should i do  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:30 am
Demon_Lord_of_Hades
well i have a gengar lvl 64 and it's nature is hasty, the moves are mean look,destiny bond, shadow ball and dark pulse. i don' got a kingdra but i have a seadra lvl 72 ,nature quirky, moves, Dragon pulse,hydro pump,dragon dance,surf. My style is all out assault so what should i do
Well, if you had a dragon scale, you could do a tradeback with someone to evolve your Seadra into a Kingdra. I'd drop the Dragon Dance from it though, as it is a special attacker and don't really need the Atk boost from the move. I'd teach it something like Ice Beam instead to get some type coverage.
The Gengar has a good moveset though.  

krishnath

Demon_lord_of_Hades

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:32 am
krishnath
Demon_Lord_of_Hades
Well, if you had a dragon scale, you could do a tradeback with someone to evolve your Seadra into a Kingdra. I'd drop the Dragon Dance from it though, as it is a special attacker and don't really need the Atk boost from the move. I'd teach it something like Ice Beam instead to get some type coverage.
The Gengar has a good moveset though.
thanks i try to make my gengar a good skill and i am looking for a dragon scale but no luck and what pokemon should i add to my team since you asked how was my battle style  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:54 am
In that case...Let me think...

Salamence could be good, as it has a very high attack stat, decent speed, and Intimidate. Quite a potent combo. However, it dies to ice, taking 4x damage from it. It will get killed by Ice Shards.

Another good choice would be Weavile (the evolved form of sneasel), one of the highest speeds in the game, coupled with a very nice movepool, including Ice Shard (lvl 49 as sneasel), night slash, and metal claw, coupled with a wide TM selection makes it one of the most potent pokemon in the game, that can only be effectively countered with Lucario.

Then of course there is Slaking, the single most powerful normal type in the game. Tempered only by its ability to only act on every second turn.

There are many possible choices, and those are only three.  

krishnath

Sands of Fate

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:07 am
id say get a salamence
moves: dragon claw, flamethrower, brick break, roost
dragon claw 4 dragon types
flamethrower 4 ice types
brick break 4 rock types and normal types that could have ice moves
roost 4 the healing  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:49 am
Little Master Reaper MD2
id say get a salamence
flamethrower 4 ice types
roost 4 the healing

Not bad at all. But I would pick Fire Fang over Flamethrower. Because: 1, it is just as effective against ice types, and 2, it doesn't take a TM to learn (use a heart scale).  

krishnath

Sands of Fate

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:17 am
Little Master Reaper MD2 Wrote:
id say get a salamence
flamethrower 4 ice types
roost 4 the healing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
krishnath wrote:
Not bad at all. But I would pick Fire Fang over Flamethrower. Because: 1, it is just as effective against ice types, and 2, it doesn't take a TM to learn (use a heart scale).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fire Fang is a good choice too its just got less power on it and less accuracy  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:08 pm
Little Master Reaper MD2
id say get a salamence
flamethrower 4 ice types
roost 4 the healing
krishnath wrote:

That is true. However, it benefits from the Salamences incredibly high attack stat. But both moves are good choices for a Salamence. ^^  

krishnath

Sands of Fate

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:12 pm
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:08 pm
id say get a salamence
flamethrower 4 ice types
roost 4 the healing
krishnath wrote:

That is true. However, it benefits from the Salamences incredibly high attack stat. But both moves are good choices for a Salamence. ^^

thats true both are great choices  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:24 am
i would narrow your team down from having charizard, blaziken and groudon to only one since they are make suitable fire types(yes i no groudon isnt fire but he can be treated as that for your team)  

TREYCERATOPS

xDimensionx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:17 pm
Personally I think to many people use the same kind of pokemon. for example like tyranitar. I most of the time like to us3 pokemon no one else expects you to use.  
Teams

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff