Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
What's Your Age? And When Did You Start Liking Yaoi? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:37 am
So, if your comfortable answering the question of what's your age, what is it? Also, what age did you start liking Yaoi and if you want to, describe how you first came about discovering you like it.

To start off with, I'm 23 years old. I started liking Yaoi when I was around 12-13, I'm really not sure how. I just know some how I started seeing/reading it for Gundam Wing and Ronin Warriors and than before I knew it a year or two later I was running a website called The Yaoi Hotel and in a few more years had my own server (shared and hosted by a fellow Yaoi-Website-Mistress) on GotYaoi. Oh man. Memories there, had the largest DBZ Yaoi Site for a few years...and it was amazing. There were only a few websites back then, and Yaoi, Shounen Ai, and Slash kinda had different meanings but it still is all Boy-Love so that's all that matters. ^^ Even while I'm so glad there's thousands of sites now, and such a huuuge fanbase that wasn't on the internet 10 years ago, I do kind of miss the days where every website was linked together, and everyone sorta knew everyone elses name. If you went to a chatroom for yaoi, you could drop your name or mention an author and almost everyone would know the name right away. :3 Though the best part is I made some long-lasting friends through my site (those two friends are your Vice-Captains <3).

haha. You don't have to write this much! So let us know, how old you are and how you got to love Yaoi.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:46 am
Thats cool that you made such good friends <3

Well let's see. Right now I'm 17, and I started liking shounen ai when I was about seven years old. I had seen the Tokyo Babylon oav and then there was no turning back.

I started liking actual yaoi around the same age as you, 12-13, and I remember printing off DBZ and Digimon fanfiction to read during class. Kind of makes me feel like I was a pervy little girl xD  

Zero_unit Kouya

Witty Warrior

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:05 am
Rulin' ya universes...

I'm 15, and I started liking BL around 13~ 12~ I loved CCS and I thought Touya and Yukito were such a cute couple *^__^* (in Sweden, they aired the normal Japanese version so the lovey-dovey bits were all there <3 ) But getting into the actual BL community...I think it was through Gaia... I remember thinking that Ian and Gino would make a cute couple x3 and then I got more and more into it... around 14 I started reading actual yaoi ^^ And now, I'm really picky about it xD My friends all say that I have no life... >.>;;
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:34 am
I'm 17, but only for another 3 months! ^_^

I started liking yaoi around 14-15 years old, I believe. It happened when I read a yaoi story on Quizilla.com and then I became absolutely obsessed with it. Until now. Still obsessed. And lovin' it. Oh yeah, bebeh. domokun

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

Zero_unit Kouya

Witty Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:27 am
Miss Sushii
Rulin' ya universes...

I'm 15, and I started liking BL around 13~
I think it was through Gaia, actually... I remember thinking that Ian and Gino would make a cute couple x3 and then I got more and more into it... around 14 I started reading actual yaoi ^^ And now, I'm really picky about it xD My friends all say that I have no life... >.>;;
...since 1992.

xD
The Gino and Ian thing made me giggle and go 'Yes, why yes they would.'

And it's okay, we can all have no life together -pats your back-  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:27 am
I is 15ish and I started liking yaoi around 11-12ish. I was on gaia and I was looking for some good anime to watch and I came upon sukisho/sukisyo and I watched it and it made me happy and I cried it was all emotional and I wanted to watch more. I never really had an opinion about it so it was easier to get into it. Now me is obsessed like everyone else here.  

Kyoko1010

Wicked Feenix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:05 am
I feel kinda old when I say this but I'm 20...
And I have been into yaoi since I was 15. Oh my gosh, that's already five years! O.O

It wasn't anime or manga that made me interested... I remember reading Anne Rice... And realised I was thinking "Oh, two man together is kinda hot!"

After that nothing has been safe from me, I always come up with strange pairings no matter what the anime/manga/book/movie/video game is about. mrgreen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:32 am
I think I was like... Hm. I don't know, I guess Gaia introduced me to yaoi when I was maybe 13 or 14 and I gradually came to love it. It's hard to say. I don't really remember.  

EvFaerAshlynn

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:36 am
I bought my first Yaoi manga when I was 23yrsold. I starting getting into the genre when I was about 19 or 20 thanks to the X/1999 fanfics on different websites. The first Yaoi manga I bought was called Desire by DMP publishing. I have been a fan of their's for a while now. My first explict Yaoi was Selfish Love by Naduki Koujima. The manga was plublished by Bebeautifulmanga. Thanks to them I became a fan of her works especially the Boys Love Our Kingdom from June manga. I then got into some other Yaoi manga from another author named Row Takakura one of the best Yaoi writers besides Naduki Koujima. Thanks to the two writers I have been into explict Yaoi ever since. I sometimes like softcore Yaoi when I want something sweet and romantic and other times I like a hardcore sexy storie to read.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:38 am
Wicked Feenix
I feel kinda old when I say this but I'm 20...

If you're feeling old, I should feel ancient. xp I'm 25. I got into yaoi around 15 or 16. Was a little late to the game. I was turned by The Great Converted--Gundam Wing, never looked back since.

Also, Paco, you're so sweet. heart heart  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Kalistar

4,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:26 am
I'm 14 going on 15, I stumbled on yaoi when I was 13.
I was on DA looking at pictures then I saw Death note yaoi. I never heard of yaoi or the anime death note, So I watched this girl's profile which loved death note yaoi. I watched all her animations and read her comics. And I learned what yaoi was. xD And I never watched death note so I always thought it was a yaoi. : o Then I figured out what the anime death note was and started watching it. (and dissapointed that it wasn't a yaoi Dx) So I got addicted to yaoi, read yaoi fanfictions,(death note mostly : D) read yaoi manga, and watched yaoi. So Now I'm a HUGE YAOI FAN and a HUGE DEATH NOTE YAOI FAN. (mmm..lightxL.) heart ;D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:42 am
I'm 16, got into BL when I was 11 or 12. Gravitation came out, it sounded interesting, and I bought it. Wasn't repulsed by the nature of the relationship, so I was open to buying more, and eventually I did. And then.. bam. surprised  

Skizzors
Crew

Shinigamis_Soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:19 pm
I feel a little old on here now.... I'm 26 and I started liking Yaoi when I was 14-15 ish... I was a huge Ronin Warriors fan and one day started thinking why not Touma and Seiji? I got hooked and well.... I'm still pretty obsessed with Gundam Wing.... gotta have my Heero/Duo fanfiction....  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:27 pm
ohh that bring back memories~
i m 22, and i started to like yaoi when i was 12 or 13 years more or less xD
I was obsessed with Gundam Wing at that time, so i began searching for the mangas. that's when i found a page with a lot of GW pairings (at that time i didnt even know what was yaoi xDD, so i investigated more about it) i finished liking the stories (and many things xD) and pairings
later on, i watched the anime Gravitation...
and now...here i am ...a complete YAOI obsesive girl LOLz  

Gtclina

Fashionable Noob

Amaryn Lhial

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:24 pm
I'm currently 19 and I started liking it around 12 when I was in 7th grade, it could of started when I was in sixth but I don't think so - it was when I got a computer. I roleplayed it on a vampire site on Avidgamers.com/net/org. I first heard of it with Yu Yu Hakasho with Hiei and Kurama as well as Gundam Wing Heero/Duo and Quetra/Trowa. ALSO Can't forget my fav pairing from C. C. S. Touya/Yukito  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff