Reply ~Chao Garden~(Sonic Gaming)
Sonic and the Black Knight??? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saleana Faye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:39 pm
...Can anyone with a Nintendo Power clear this up for me?

My brother-in-law found a picture of what looks to be the new Nintendo Power and it had Sonic on the front with a sword. Okay, right there bugs me because it's Sonic. Sonic shouldn't have to use a weapon of any sort. Anyways it's called Sonic and the Black Knight and it's coming out for the Wii ONLY.

I'm going to say this now, I don't know if it's true or not. I went to Sega.com and Nintendo.com and couldn't find anything. If someone does have this or next issue of Nintendo Power, fill us in, because I'm not sure if I should believe it or not

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7066/1216498460418du7.jpg

^ That's the cover of Nintendo Power.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:19 pm
User Image
Rolling around at the speed of sound.
I got places to go, gotta follow my rainbow!
Can't stick around, have to keep moving on.
Guess what lies ahead? Only one way to find out!

If it's true, I'm going to shun that game.
Shun it like I've never shunned anything before.

It'll probably turn out to be crappy, just like Shadow the Hedgehog.
=/

Leowna
Crew

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200

sharieffx123
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:05 pm
well as a sonic fan im pretty much game for anything but him using a weapon? I think that might be to much a change.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:42 pm
sonic doesnt need a weapon. he's too cool for a weapon.  

Knuckles Servant Monk II

Saleana Faye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 am
Yeah. Weapon + Sonic = NO! It isn't right to give him one. It's Sonic. He wouldn't be caught dead with a weapon. But sadly Sega thinks differently and wants to give him a sword. That or they can't tell the difference of Black and BLUE

Personally, I think Sega is moving WAY too fast and on their crash landing for destroying Sonic. Face it, his popularity has been going down since Heroes and I think Sega should have waited a bit and see what Unleashed would do for Sonic then work on a new game.

Yeah... I've been on a Sega Bash ever since I heard about this game. Still think Sega is going way too fast and I find it upsetting the fact Sonic has a sword

Weapons are for Shadow not Sonic[/  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:24 am
Saleana Faye

And even then, weapons don't really do much for the series...  

AerisYunaTifaRikku
Crew

Overly Epux

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:08 pm
http://www.sega.com/games/?g=483 it sady is true man shadow i'd understand or even silver mayby but sonic h##l no!
lets riot this game!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:18 pm
Gather round mine nooblets (not really nooblets) and you shall hear, a tale of our Sonic dear.

ITS OFFICIAL, this is gonna be a game.

BAZAM:
Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (July 21, 200 cool –SEGA of Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced Sonic™ and the Black Knight, an all-new Wii-exclusive adventure. Part of the storybook series of games that began with Sonic and the Secret Rings, this new title brings Sonic into the world of Arthurian legend and offers the worlds most infamous blue hedgehog the chance to become a knight. Using the unique Wii control system, this exciting game will take advantage of both the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk to offer an interactive experience that any Sonic fans will love.

Created by Sonic Team in Japan, this innovative game takes Sonic into a medieval world and arms him with a sword to aid in his effort to save the day. Sonic and the Black Knight will provide Sonic fans with an irresistible cast of characters and teach them all what it takes to be a true hero and the ultimate knight. With a series of missions taking place in stunning Arthurian-inspired locations, Sonic and the Black Knight promises to offer a fast-paced adventure that gamers of all ages will enjoy.

“After the success of Sonic and the Secret Rings we’re delighted to announce a second title in the Storybook Series,” said Gary Knight, European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe, “Following Sonic on his way to knighthood will excite players of all ages.”

Sonic and the Black Knight, exclusively for the Wii, will be out in Spring 2009.

Personally I think there is a chance that Sega could pull this off gameplay wise, but as for Sonic with a sword, didn't he say in Shadow the Hedgehog he wouldn't be caught dead using a weapon? Unless Sega is now retaconing that statement, or maybe they see a sword as ok for Sonic because he would still need to use is natural skill to use it, as where with a gun anyone can use. Who knows, honestly I think it would be better if they let Sonic use his natural attacks and maybe give him a sheild for defensive purposes instead.  

The Space Shark
Crew

Hilarious Loiterer

Leowna
Crew

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:31 pm
AerisYunaTifaRikku
Saleana Faye

User Image

Weapons are for neither the Ultimate Life Form nor the Fastest Hedgehog Ever.

'Nuff said.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:00 pm
~[girlygirl]~
AerisYunaTifaRikku
Saleana Faye

User Image

Weapons are for neither the Ultimate Life Form nor the Fastest Hedgehog Ever.

'Nuff said.

Definatly enough said. 3nodding  

AerisYunaTifaRikku
Crew

The Space Shark
Crew

Hilarious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:44 am
What up my fellow fans of blueness, I got more info on the game for you plus *drum roll* A SCREEN SHOT

Quote:
* Developed by the same people as Sonic and the Secret Rings
* ”This time, a sorceress named Merlina summons Sonic to the mythical realm of King Arthur, but it seems the fabled monarch has somehow been corrupted and now rules the land as the tyranical Black Knight.”
* Uses a similar storybook device as Secret Rings
* ”As Sonic runs along, a simple flick of the Wii remote will execute a basic slash, which is enough to dispatch most low-level grunts.”
* More advanced swordplay consists of the ability to thrust, parry, and even pull off a buzz-saw maneuver midjump.
* ”During out demo, we saw the hedgehog leap from a high precipice, then thrust the blade into a wall to slow his decent, sparks flying impressivly as steel cut through brick”
* ”Combat is integrated in such a way that most of the time you can slice through any who stand in your path without even slowing down”
* Sonic is controlled with the Control Stick.
* ”Our hero begins his quest as a mere knave. Only by becoming a full-fledged knight will he have any hope of defeating King Arthur.”
* ”…his sword, a talking blade named Calibur, serves as a mentor”
* If you help civilian townfolk in need of assistance, you’ll earn points toward knighthood. If you smite one of those civilians, your reputation will take a hit.
* ”At the end of each stage, the game tallies your good and not-so-good deeds and updates your rank accordingly.”
* You can purchase items from residents. “Sonic can aquire everything from gauntlets to magical tomes to new swords, and when equipped, each article bestows him with a unique benefit.”
* About 200 items in all, with some being able to be combined with others to make new ones.
* You have the option to go online and trade items with friends.
* Rings come in burlap sacks instead of monitors.
* Sonic uses magic elementals to help him do various things, such as a bounce pad or a speed boost. They look like chao heads. The red ones give him a jump and the blue give Sonic a speed boost.
* Sonic can cross large gaps by firing a ballista and grinding the rope to the other side.
* ”On the audio side, veteran composer Jen Senoue is taking a smiliar approach, injecting familiar Sonic themes with a Celtic flavor.”
* ”Each stage has multiple branching paths and searching for townsfolk and treasure chests provides an element of exploration that recalls Sonic’s early Genesis days.”
* ”…the camera will occasionally pan to a side-scrolling perspective for a quick dose of classic 2-D action”
* SBK Bringing back the skill system from Secret Rings, but they’re trying not to have the skill system interfere with the game’s tempo this time around.
* The mission structure also returns but the developers hope to make it less arduous.
* ”And there will be no dinosaur eggs!”
* ”Just as they subbed in for such characters as Ali Baba and Aladdin in Sonic and the Secret Rings, a number of familiar faces will assume Arthurian personas in SBK.”
* ”This time, however, some of Sonic’s friends will be playable. Each hero will boast unique abilities, and though the team isn’t ready to divulge the full cast just yet, we do know the identities of two playable comrades: Knuckles, who brandishes two swords at once, and Shadow.”
* Playing as these other characters is entirely optional. You will be able to play through game as Sonic, or switch to the other characters if you choose.
* A new special gauge will “bestow him with similarly impressive powers. The meter fills gradually whenever Sonic vanquishes an enemy or snags a purple elemental, and when it reaches a certain point you can unleash a powerful combination attack capable of tearing through multiple foes in quick succession.”
* ”…the team behind Sonic and the Black Knight is keenly aware of the franchise’s past missteps, and their enthusiasm for doing right by the series is infections”

and heres the screen shot

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

more screens will be shown as I can get them  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:39 pm
User Image

Where are your sources?
I believe you, but I like knowing where stuff like this comes from.

And from the looks of it, I'm not liking this new game.

Leowna
Crew

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200

The Space Shark
Crew

Hilarious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:24 pm
my sources come straight from The Sonic Stadium 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:19 pm
User Image

Ugh.
I'm pretty sure this game is going to be epic fail.
-_-

Leowna
Crew

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
~Chao Garden~(Sonic Gaming)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff