Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Gekka Kaijin Lumen Lunae]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you familiar with Lumen Lunae?
  With what now?
  Yes, it's a good series.
  I've heard of it, but it's a little too dark for my taste...
  I've read Dragon Knights...
  Kikuitadaki/Sakumo 4ever, yo!
  Just shut up and give me my gold
View Results

Judaryuu

Doting Gekko

10,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:16 am
Lumen Lunae is the as-of-now uncompleted dark BL fantasy manga by Minko Ohkami, better known in the states as the author of Dragon Knights. It has a liscenced release in Germany, but has yet to be brought to America. Has anybody else here read this fantastic story? I've recently had my passion for it re-ignited when it was brought to my attention that Mineko Ohkami would be completing the series now that she's finished Dragon Knights. Which would be awesome, especially with how much her art has improved.

Now away from impartial info giving and on to actual fangirlish discussion in hopes that someone will know what I'm talking about. domokun
My favorite couple in this series is definitely Sakumo/Kikuitadaki. Or maybe it's the other way around, given the behaviour of Kikuitadaki's other half! (Naaw... Sakumo would make a cute uke...) I have only the utmost sympathy for the place they've gotten stuck in... Kaiga is so cruel... *loves the angst*
I really don't care all that much about the main character, Kai, though! He's sorta lame. Though his seme, Hisanagi, is awesometastical.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:06 pm
I read a good chunk of Lumen Lunae several years ago - nice to know it'll be continued. Also nice to know the DK is actually finished. Maybe I'll finally pick up the rest of it since I was leery of the series just puttering along forever.  

Kalloway

Judaryuu

Doting Gekko

10,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14 am
Yup, DK finally finished up with a grand total of twenty-six volumes. There's talk of her doing a sequel after she's finished Lumen Lunae, too... She left a lot of loose ends hanging around. *COUGHnohiroCOUGH*

I managed to find translations for 1-3 and about halfway through 4 of Lumen Lunae.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:30 am
I only made it to v. 13 of DK... Except Nohiro was one of my favourite characters and augh... I tend to read and re-read v.6 for the fluffy Nohiro and Rune bits. ^_^

I'm not sure that I had more than translations for the first volume of Lumen Lunae. I'll have to dig around on the hard drive to see if it's still there or if it got lost (since it would have been two computers ago?)...

Thank you for the info!!  

Kalloway

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games