Reply Feedback Subforum {aka Complaint and Suggestion Department}
1:00am Musings Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Wingling

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:03 pm
So here I am, sitting here again, not sleeping... just thinking into my keyboard. And I had a though, as I was writing, that I felt compelled to post. Maybe I'll strike a common chord in all of you. Maybe I'm just sleep deprived and my brain is throwing up junk. You decide. But...

It seems to me that the worst part of life, the most difficult, horrible, unlivable part of life, is feeling like you're alone. Those moments where you feel like you're the only one who doesn't have perfect skin, the only one with no friends, the only one who's never going to get that grade, the only one who's facing whatever's looming in your life, the only one who has
your problems.

These thoughts are ones we keep silent, ones we forget about, that we don't share. But maybe, the reason we all feel so alone, is because we don't realize that everyone else feels the same. That no one is as perfect as they seem.

That would mean, that our situation really isn't the problem, it's our outlook that matters. I guess I never realized this before.

So... don't forget... you're not alone. No matter how you feel... someone, out there, feels just as bad. And Yeshua also went through trials in his life... so did David... and Jeremiah... Pain isn't to be kept away in the dark though... bring it to your friends, let them help you. And more, bring it to Him. Because He understands. No matter how bad.

Just... my 1:00am musings... Not exactly Dumas... but I though I'd post.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:15 pm
Thank you for this.

I've kind of been wrestling with feelings of loneliness, lately. I am one that really wants to get married and have a family. If I could achieve only one dream in life, it would be that one. I'm 27 and really don't even have much in the way of prospects. I have a guy I'm finally tearing myself away from because I've decided that if-after 8 years, me taking over his mortgage to help him keep his house, and everything else we've been through and all his talk about the possibility-he hasn't put a ring on my finger by now, he never will. And I have someone that is 2,000 miles away that is very much a loner, never really even wanted to date until he met me and now he is merely considering it and is very, very skittish and I find myself hoping that he doesn't chicken out on me at the last minute or change his mind about me or something.

I think about what I'd do, how I'd react if this one doesn't pan out, either. And what if I never find the one. At least before I'm 35 and no longer want to have kids. I think that i will be very jaded by that point and will pretty much give up and say f you to Mr. Right if he finally comes out of the woodwork by then....

The idea of it makes me very sad. I think I've cried a bit more in the last month than I usually do. That is to say, I have...

Yeah...
I think there are a lot of piddly factors involved that are causing my current pessimism. Relocating is a LOT of stress >_<

Add to that that I have realized that ye olde biological clock has been ticking for a while....

Eh...sorry this kinda turned into my life story...
Hope I didn't bore y'all ^^;

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:04 am
I both wither and thrive on loneliness...I tend to be much more artistic in the presence of loneliness (Hehe...Get it? At least loneliness is keeping you company...What's the poem with the dogs?), but that's probably because I'm not happy. I'm as artistic as a rock when I'm happy.

So yes, I agree. Lonely times are the hardest times, but they are also the most rewarding.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:56 pm
Silver Wingling
So here I am, sitting here again, not sleeping... just thinking into my keyboard. And I had a though, as I was writing, that I felt compelled to post. Maybe I'll strike a common chord in all of you. Maybe I'm just sleep deprived and my brain is throwing up junk. You decide. But...

It seems to me that the worst part of life, the most difficult, horrible, unlivable part of life, is feeling like you're alone. Those moments where you feel like you're the only one who doesn't have perfect skin, the only one with no friends, the only one who's never going to get that grade, the only one who's facing whatever's looming in your life, the only one who has
your problems.

These thoughts are ones we keep silent, ones we forget about, that we don't share. But maybe, the reason we all feel so alone, is because we don't realize that everyone else feels the same. That no one is as perfect as they seem.

That would mean, that our situation really isn't the problem, it's our outlook that matters. I guess I never realized this before.

So... don't forget... you're not alone. No matter how you feel... someone, out there, feels just as bad. And Yeshua also went through trials in his life... so did David... and Jeremiah... Pain isn't to be kept away in the dark though... bring it to your friends, let them help you. And more, bring it to Him. Because He understands. No matter how bad.

Just... my 1:00am musings... Not exactly Dumas... but I though I'd post.

Not junk at all!
You are so right.

I think loneliness is another of those mind games that the Devil plays with you.
Loneliness I think might also be the feeling of feeling un-loved, and GOd is Love, so I guess loneliness is kinda the opposite?

I once heard someone say that the 3 most powerful words in the english language were alone, lonely, and loneliness. (I forgot who, but I think they are on to something.)

The awesome thing is that we're never alone! God is always with us! (Emmanuel~!)  

dragongirl42391

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:00 pm
You've definitely got it right, Silver. Human beings are social creatures. We survive best by living in clans, in herds, in whatever it is you would call a group of humans if we were just like any other animal with no conscience and no ability to self-reflect. That's why we naturally form groups- cliques in high school, sports teams, parties. We really thrive on being around others of our own kind.

And perception is reality. What you perceive is your reality. Outlook and evaluation of a situation is so important, especially in therapy (this is the psych major in me coming out now). So much of how you react to a situation or a person or a stressor is related to what you perceive those things to be. That's why alot of therapists will tell their depressed or phobic patients that they need to change their thinking before anything else will change. They need to rearrange things cognitively before their actual reality will follow suit. You can change your perception, and thereby change your reality. It's actually kinda cool. 8D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:30 pm
User Image
Jesus...

Well, Silver, that certainly wasn't just your sleep deprived brain talking!

You've pointed out something that I've been wrestling with, sorta~ But yes, I agree with you! ^^

User Image
...My Lord, Savior, and Friend

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

xxPromarkxx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:11 pm
We should make a sticky where people can post stuff like this.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Stuff like what?  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

shea tree

Feral Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:12 pm
Time to point you towards another Skillet song. Check out Imperfection, that should make a powerful point.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:28 pm
Stuff like 1:00 AM musings. Just a place where people can post their thoughts. It's good to have a real, honest perspective on things.  

xxPromarkxx

Priestley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:36 pm
xxPromarkxx
Stuff like 1:00 AM musings. Just a place where people can post their thoughts. It's good to have a real, honest perspective on things.

It's a great idea. We'll gather the crew and talk about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:11 am
I had a good idea?  

xxPromarkxx

DvnT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:51 pm
xxPromarkxx
I had a good idea?
Yes. You did, if you hadn't said it. I would. And --for some reason still unknown to me-- people think I'm brilliant. And as some smart person said "Great minds think alike!"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:30 pm
dvn -camilla price-
xxPromarkxx
I had a good idea?
Yes. You did, if you hadn't said it. I would. And --for some reason still unknown to me-- people think I'm brilliant. And as some smart person said "Great minds think alike!"

*smrt*  

Priestley

Priestley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:47 am
Booted to BRAND NEW Feedback subforum, with added KAPOW! blaugh  
Feedback Subforum {aka Complaint and Suggestion Department}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items