Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Harry Potter Guild of Gaia
The Walloping Wand Shop [OPEN] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We Have a Wand Shop ?
  YAAAAAY ! Alright can't wait !
  Aww, I can't get a wand because I'm a house elf, I NEED TO GET SORTED ASAP !
  Just gimme the gold
View Results

TheLadyCora

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:58 am
Welcome to The Walloping Wand Shop!
User Image
Here at Walloping Wand's you may participate in a short test that determines what type of wand you would own in the Wizarding World. Your type of wand wood, the wand's quality of motion when waved, your wand core, and your wand's length will be decided upon by the answers you give. So if your an entering first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and you need your wand, or if you simply need a replacement for one you have broken or lost, The Walloping Wand Shop is the right place for you!

Note: TheLadyCora is no longer an active member. The Mod Squad now helps run this shop. If you have any questions or concerns, please post them in the SFQ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:59 am
Original Creators of the Test:
TheLadyCora
Alutian

Rules of the Thread:
1. Only post your test answers here.
2. Post once.
3. No spamming
4. Follow the TOS and the guild rules

Test Participation Rules:
1. Be honest!
2. Respect the test and the people who made it.
3. Don't steal answers from others.

4. You must be sorted in a house to take the test!
5. Please don't edit your test answers, you should leave them as they were first posted
6. After your test is posted you will need to check back for your results
7. IMPORTANT: When your results are posted, please delete your post of the test! It saves room and cleans up the forum!

Test and Purchase Information:::

About the test~
-The test has seven questions that will determine the type of wand that you will own. Three of the questions are multiple choice, two questions are listing, and two are explanatory. The test is posted below, and can be copied, pasted, and filled out in a reply to this forum. Please follow all directions included with the test, and if you think that you may need to list an extra explanation with any answer, please feel free to do so. After you take the test you should post your answers on this page.

TheLadyCora

TheLadyCora

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:48 am
The Wand Test:::
Quote:

1.) Please list your birth month and day:

2.) What is most important to you?: (bold font your selection)
a.)other people
b.)school work
c.)appearance
d.)reputation

3.) What is your best personality trait?: (bold font your selection)
a.)friendly
b.)funny
c.)brave
d.)smart

4.) About how tall are you?: (bold font your selection)
a.)under five feet
b.)five to five and a half feet
c.)five and a half to six feet
d.)over six feet

5.)From the following list choose one to four of your favorite classes, the ones you feel you would be truly good at. Assume all of the teachers are competent, (don't leave History of Magic unmarked because Professor Binns is boring, or Potions because you hate Snape, and don't pick Defense Against the Dark Arts because you like Lupin; this is a question on preferred classes, not preferred teachers). (bold font your selections)

-Ancient Runes [wizarding foreign languages]
-Defense Against the Dark Arts [magical fighting and self defense]
-Herbology [the study of magical plants]
-Transfiguration [changing one thing to another]
-Charms [various magical effects on objects, such as flight, size change, and color change]
-Care of Magical Creatures [studying various magical creatures]
-Potions[ learning the properties of ingredients, and how to create various potions]
-Arithmancy [divination using numbers and mathematics]
-Astronomy [study of night sky, stars, and planets]
-History of Magic [learning about the magical past]
-Flying/Quidditch [flying on a broomstick for travel, pleasure, or sport]
-Divination [seeing the future through various media]

6.) You are locked in single combat with a Death Eater. Below are nine spells with effects described; choose one to four spells from the list. Number them in the order in which you would use them. You do not need to use four spells if you think you could get the job done in three, two, or one. (boldface and number in order your choices)

-Blasting Curse [confringo]-causes objects to explode.
-Incendio- starts a fire.
-Defodio- gouging spell, usually used on walls or similar.
-Conjunctivitis Curse – eyelids of victim crust over, painfully blinding them
-Expelliarmus – disarms and sometimes knocks target back
-Bat Bogey- enlarges bogeys of victim and makes them attack victim's face.
-Stupefy- knocks victim unconscious.
-Banishing Charm- causes object to fly away...in this case hopefully into a wall.
-Petrificus Totallus- makes opponent's body go rigid.

7.)When producing a patronus, what animal form does yours take? Keep in mind that this animal should reflect your personality and your emotions. (explain your choice)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:16 am
Pirate Princess: We do need your birthdate. If you don't like giving out that information on the web, though, we could probably use the date you joined Gaia instead. It's just needed to find the wand-wood.

Also, a couple of spells were left off the list of number six by accident. I only just caught this. They may not make much difference to your results, but you may want to look over the (improved) list and make any changes you need to there. Those spells being left out made particular results far, far less likely than others.

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:16 pm
RESULTS THUS FAR:

ThePiratePrincess: Hmm...I've found a trend in the sorts of cores and lengths that lend themselves best to your magic, but the wood is giving me a little trouble. A bit more work there, though, and we shall soon have it!

FearlessDare: Yew, 12 and 1/4 inches, Crisp. Phoenix feather core. A good wand, worthy of a fearless Gryffindor.

XxThe apocalyptic sporkxX: Yew, 11 and 3/4 inches, Snappy. Core of dragon heartstring, although you could get on almost as well with a phoenix feather. May it serve you well.

Tabby507: My, my, many cores would fit, but I think we found one that will work best for your needs. You seem to have a very broad range of interests...Yew, 11 and 1/2 inches, Crisp. Dragon heartstring.

p i n k i s h r a y n e: Birch, 11 inches, Firm. Phoenix feather for the core. A smaller, lighter wand, good for quick spellwork, though perhaps not as powerful in terms of raw strength.

Junimaia: Hawthorn, 11 and 3/4 inches, Bendy. Core of unicorn tail hair. Possibly better for broader-ranged spells than extremely precise work, and a strong conduit for your magic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:00 pm
ThePiratePrincess!: Oak, 12 and 1/4 inches, Bendy. Unicorn hair core.

Corona Australis: Holly, 11 and 1/2 inches, Bendy. Phoenix feather core.

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Lorrieta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:20 am
Holly, 10 3/4 inches, quite graceful, with a core of Phoenix Feather. An excellent wand for transfiguration, its graceful nature provides no problem for the motions included with transfiguration spell work.  
Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff