Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
What job does your parent want you to do? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ireland1982

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:16 am
Funny how parent wanted their children to be a doctor, lawyer or anything within the Upper-class catagory.

I failed what my parent wanted me to do and now, let say they don't treat you the same as before or they don't expect from you much.

Is it me or someone out there has the same similar story as me?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:28 am
I dont know what they want me to do. I want to be an artist but they dont support me, I show them my art and they just go oh thats good. When my brother shows his art (which isnt better then mine -.-) they go amazing, thats just amazing. . . So now I never show them my art. :3 Then I tried cooking, but my Dad refuse to eat making me feel bad D:. They pretty much dont support me at all. . .  

Phantom_Daisuke

Michie`s Flips Inc.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:04 am
Its an Asian stereotype for parents to say they want their kids to grow up and become a doctor. Like mine for instance, except my dad recently yelled at me for choosing what my mom wants, not what i want. I was gonna follow the doctor career, but now i have no idea what i want to do.

gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:22 pm
Yeah, my mum wants me to be a doctor, too. I told her I wanted to be a social psychologist because it was really interesting. And she told me "No, you have get some type of job that will at least pay you well, then you can do what you want. And the doctor career is the only career that saves lives."

WHAT
THE
FREAK?!?!?! scream Psychology pays very well, and I can save people mentallyyyy, before they go psycho and get sick physically. talk2hand I thought she knew that... rolleyes  

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

[pain]TING

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:54 pm
My parents wished I could be a lawyer or some s**t like that, but they just generally want me to do some silly 9 to 5 job that pays well.

I personally rather make music for a living. My parents are like "Uh.....no way..."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:15 pm
Aha~ My ma wants me to be a doctor.
But, surprisingly, I actually do want to work in the medical field.

/Plasticsurgeon/ ;o

Ralphiie

IvyStarling

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:55 pm
My mom wants me to be an independent woman with a high-paying job, preferably the same job as my father, who is a SAP computer consultant or a doctor so I don't have to pay anything if anyone in the family gets sick. Computers are pretty cool to me, but I'm not sure I have the patience or the interest to learn all those codes and languages and programming. I am actually quite interested in the medical field, but unfortunately, I have a lack of self-esteem and am not sure if I could do well, and medical school costs a lot.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:30 am
When I was in high school, my parents actually asked me "So what do you want to do with your life? Do you want to be a doctor or a lawyer? Oh a pharmacist would be ok too." Right now I'm working on my undergrad in accounting, and I will probably be going to law school once I get my undergrad.  

S.k.y.y

DevilStar12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:45 am
At first my parnets wanted me to become a doctor, then I told them the sight of blood makes me dizzy. Now I want to be some where in the financial career and they are happy. That is if I can get up to that point. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:31 am
My parents know that I dont want to go into the medical field and since my dad is the Japanese one I was never really forced.
I want to do art....but like animation or game design or soemthing like that. My mom HATES that she wants me to like paint beautiful still life or something. no thx  

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

sachiko_k

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:56 am

My mother wanted me to become a doctor cause all of her side are lawyers or doctors. I wanted to be a plastic surgeon but now I'm studying to be a Dermatologist cause I'm into skin care. biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:18 pm
my parents want to be successful like a doctor  

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200

Mister Radio

Wheezing Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:07 pm
I want to be a teacher but my parents want me to become a pharmacist. Now, I'm so confused. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:38 pm
Geesh,alot of people's parents want them to be a doctorx.x.so do mine,bleh.If I could do anything,i would be a guitarist in a band,working in a ramen shop,or one of those laid back office types.but i guess doctors not that bad either confused  

2DsGuitar

baBii_phaB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:27 pm
well well well....
they wanted me to become a nurse...
(my mom and brother, and most of my cousins are in medical related career)
but i don't want to....
i wanted to be different from them...
so right now, im takin up civil engineering....
and they can't do 'nythin bout it...  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces