Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
I don't think this is a compliment. Edit: Keltie responds <3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:41 pm
The Jonas Brother bassist,Greg Garbowsky, blogged about his reaction to Pretty. Odd. and Panic:

Quote:
i'm embarrassed to say this, but i am enjoying listening to the new Panic at the Disco album, "Pretty. Odd." which came out last week. They were the band i loved to hate; bad music and bad makeup to go with it. but now i find myself driving around alone listening to the new album screaming, "why do you have to be so good?!?! agghhh!" after nearly running over a hobo, i realized the reason it's so good is because it blatantly rips-off the beatles' "sgt. peppers" album. it's worth noting for those of you keeping score that "sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band" is also widely accepted as the greatest album of all-time. the beatles were such a phenomenal band, that even mediocre bands who mimic their style 41 years later will still sound awesome. For teenagers on a steady diet of fall out boy, this will likely be their first introduction to a psychedelic influence in pop music. I hope this somehow begins a musical journey for these kids which ultimately leads to discovering the works of the fab four. "Pretty. Odd." isn't about Panic at the disco - it's a testament to how great the Beatles still are.

unfortunately this record is listenable from start to finish, which is exactly what i keep doing. i really really didn't want this to happen. but it did. cheers to you panic at the disco. well done.

everybody rips-off everybody; they just happened to rip-off the best. smart move.

Do the Jonas Brothers seriously think they sound better than Panic? 'Cause, no offense to all you guys who like them, their songs may be catchy but it's not like they're really anything special.

EDIT:
Keltie posted a new blog on myspace, and this is part of it:

Quote:
ps. How do we feel about the Jonas brothers ripping on my ryan's song and record? Last time I checked little Jonas, you did not even WRITE your own music. I am the biggest beatles fan in the world and just because they decided to put LIVE horns on a record instead of the great synths in "year 3000" like you? they are ripping off the beatles? Well, I am choreographing a Old school Glam music video and you bet I watch old Fosse choreography and old Busby Berkley dance numbers for inspiration. There are only 26 letters in the alphabet little Hanson Brother, (ahem, Jonas) we just all use them in a different way.

pps. People can be as mean as they want to me. But do not mess with the people I care about. I will high kick you in the face. smile

sigh. I get mad about once a year and that was it.
xoK

EDIT: It doesn't matter that it was the bass player. You are who you surround yourself with. If you work for a band, or I work for an artist or major brand, like say the Radio City Rockettes, what you say and do, directly affects that brand. There is a great lesson to be learned here, one I chat about in my DVD, and it is called "burning bridges". Don't talk about other people or judge them, because it will always get back to your boss, cast or me and then I will have to warm up and high kick some faces. smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:00 pm
Sounds like someone's jelouse. Well it's his fault for joining a cookie cutter band with no individuality. Don't get me wrong it's not like I hate the Jonas Brothers but I just don't like anything on Disney.  

Mirage of Death

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:44 pm
User Image
Toast the fine folks casting silver crumbs to us from the dock.
Jinxed things ringing as they leak through tiny cracks in the boardwalk.
Scarecrow, now it's time to hatch sprouting suns and ageless daughters.
Don't you know? Don't you know that those watermelon smiles just can't ripen underwater?
Just can't ripen underwater.

Hahahaha.

I'll take that a*****e seriously once he gets the ******** off Disney and actually is a part of the music scene.
biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:31 pm
Hmmm...I am slightly wondering WHY he is in the Jonas Brothers because his last name is not Jonas and I have a feeling that he is not related to them in any way.

But that thought aside, he can't really say anything about Panic until his band gets off of Disney. I mean, come on! Their music is alright, but no one will take them seriously until they serve their tie with Disney. Then they can actully get some individuality.

And subtly (sp?) insulting Fall Out Boy, too? Wow, that's REALLY sad. I love Fall Out Boy, but I DO listen to some music that doesn't fall under their genre.

...And why did he even buy Pretty. Odd. if Panic was the quote on quote "band i loved to hate"? Just curious.

alastarr

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:40 pm
Because, besides the three brothers, there are four other people in the band who have to play guitar, keyboard, drums and bass.

And seriously, how are they ever gonna be taken seriously when they're doing stuff like this: The Disney Channel Original Series, entitled J.O.N.A.S! (Junior Operatives Networking As Spies), stars the trio as a group of government hired spies. The show is expected to debut on Disney Channel in the fall of 2008.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:53 pm
User Image
Don't you know? Don't you know that those watermelon smiles just can't ripen underwater?

rofl
Yeeeeah.

I don't think they have any right to talk s**t about Panic.
xD

Leowna

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:53 pm
He probably just said that so that if a little teenage girl fan read that, they'd stop paying attention to Panic and pay more attention to the Jonas Brothers. xD I hate the Jonas Brothers. Ughh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:40 pm
PrimeOdd
He probably just said that so that if a little teenage girl fan read that, they'd stop paying attention to Panic and pay more attention to the Jonas Brothers. xD I hate the Jonas Brothers. Ughh.
User Image

That's a good point.

I don't like them either.
xP

Leowna

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200

PunkNarumi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:40 pm
The Jonas brothers have no room to talk. A crappy band if there ever was one. Plus, They're nailed to Disney, Panic's more free. Jealous!
Edit: At least in comparison. I mean, come on.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:20 pm
Don't bash the Jonas Brothers because it was not them who bashed Panic at the Disco. It was their bassist. Greg is the bassist that plays FOR the Jonas Brothers when they do shows since the Jonas Brothers don't play bass. I happen to actually like the Jonas Brothers, and Greg does not speak for the Jonas Brothers.  

MixedUp92

Leowna

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:28 pm
User Image

It doesn't matter to me.

Greg is a part of the Jonas Brothers.
=/

But I'm not going to argue it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:22 pm
Theres a non Jonas brother in the Jonas brothers band? Lulwhut?
Anyways... I mean Panic at the Disco is freakin amazing. They are actually
music. Jonas Brothers Disney music, which annoys me now :[
No offense but Jonas Brothers FAIL for insulting Panic At the Disco and Fall Out Boy.
Panic at the Disco > Jonas Brothers :]
I use to like JB when they weren't that famous at all. But yeah not anymore :[

Panda Cheval

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:12 pm
MixedUp92
Don't bash the Jonas Brothers because it was not them who bashed Panic at the Disco. It was their bassist. Greg is the bassist that plays FOR the Jonas Brothers when they do shows since the Jonas Brothers don't play bass. I happen to actually like the Jonas Brothers, and Greg does not speak for the Jonas Brothers.
When I say "Jonas Brothers" I mean the band, not the brothers xp And I wasn't really bashing them, but even if I was, I'm allowed to voice my opinion just like you are. If you like them, fine. I personally don't think they're that great.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:16 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
MixedUp92
When I say "Jonas Brothers" I mean the band, not the brothers xp And I wasn't really bashing them, but even if I was, I'm allowed to voice my opinion just like you are. If you like them, fine. I personally don't think they're that great.

Cut it out, guys. gonk Let there be peace.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

Polyamorous048

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:16 pm
Wow.
I can't even believe that he would find himself better than Panic At The Disco.
At least PATD didn't need Disney to make them famous.  
PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff