Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
DON'T CALL IT A DIET: My Life Style Change Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vistors
  +1
View Results

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:55 am

Hello! My name is Stephanie. I'm 21 years old. I am going to school at a local community college for Early Childhood Education. I currently live with my fiance whom I've been with for almost 5 years. We're getting married this year, May 23. It'll be our 5 year anniversary.

There are many reasons I want to lose weight. Of course every woman wants to look great for her wedding. But that's not the only reason. I had a miscarriage in the past and before trying to have children I would like to be in the best shape I can be in. Also, I have been over weight for practically my whole life and would greatly love to change it. These are only a few of the reasons I want to lose weight.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:55 am

Goals
I'd like to eat better and exercise more. I want this to become habit and not feel like a diet that will end. This all will be a life change, not a diet.

Rules

> Lay off the sodas and other high sugar drinks such as teas and kool aids.
> Eat smaller potion sizes.
> Eat less snacks but eat better foods as a snack.
> Exercise when ever possible, walk instead of driving when able.
> I will be more lenient on myself during period week since I feel so crappy those days.

Call Me Stephanie

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:57 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Start Off
I'll get to this some day, haha

Weight:
Bust:
Waist:
Hips:
Thighs:
Upper Arm:
Picture:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:58 am

Prizes and Rewards
Besides the obvious reward of having a better body and better self image I suppose I will set rewards and prizes like some others have done.

25 lbs lost:
50 lbs lost:
75 lbs lost:
100 lbs lost: New Tattoo
6 months keeping it off: New Clothes

Call Me Stephanie

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:27 pm

Diet Tips
(I will add some interesting tips here as I come across them on other web sites)

> Eat very slowly. It takes your brain around 10 or 15 minutes to even tell your stomach that it is full. After a normal serving, wait before deciding you are still hungry.
> Brush your teeth after eating a serving, it will make you think twice before wanting to eat more.
> If your craving food without actually being hungry, chew some gum. Sometimes the habit of chewing food makes us eat more than we should.
> (From Lemon) Frozen fruit makes a good substitute for ice cream. (Also, making Popsicles with fruit would be much better than ice cream too).
> Make a switch from whole milk to a lower percent, it'll be a small change that can make a huge difference.
> Drink water instead of other sugary beverages, if you have to have a soda have a diet, if you have tea, get it unsweetened and add splenda.
> Exercise! It can curb your appetite and burn calories!
> Limit your alcohol intake or drink low calorie alcohols.
> Eat low calorie foods first, you may be less hungry when you get to the high calorie foods.
> Eat three meals a day, this can prevent over eating later.
> Switch your fork to your non dominant hand--you'll eat much more slowly. That gives you time to recognize your couldn't-eat-another-bite feeling when it first sets in.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:28 pm

Problems and Questions
(This is where I will post some problems and questions I may encounter in hopes of getting some advice)

None yet. ^_^

Call Me Stephanie

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:29 pm

Reserved in case I need it later.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:04 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Call Me Stephanie

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:22 pm
Good luck! ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:38 pm

Thank you. heart

Call Me Stephanie

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:09 pm

Monday June 23, 2009

I woke up around 10am or so and made scrambled eggs with toast. I had to go get my Mum from the hospital and was stuck there waiting for the doctor forever. We were going to go out to eat but decided to just go home and order Chinese. I had chicken and shrimp but only ate 1/4 of it, I just wasn't hungry. Sadly I didn't get to exercise much today, but I shall tomorrow!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:09 am
Good luck!

Random tip rant from Lemon: Dessert = Fruit
For some reason I really felt like I needed to eat dessert when I started changing my habits, and this did the trick. I'm a boring person, so my meals taste kind of plain, and the sugary taste the fruit provided me with was exactly what I needed. You may not feel like you need dessert, which would be even better. OH. Frozen fruits make good ice cream substitutes.  

1emon

Tipsy Noob

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Thank you. I never eat dessert actually, sometimes I have a snack at night but I have started trying to eat better snacks... fruit, whole wheat crackers, air popped popcorn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:09 pm

June 24, 2008

I woke up super late... gonk After I got home from work my Fiance Brandon baked me some chicken breasts with a bit of seasoning on it. I heated up the left over rice from the other night. He made some french fries and I had some. I walked to work and back but plan on starting to walk three miles tomorrow.

Call Me Stephanie

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:20 pm

June 25, 2008

I got up super late again... I just couldn't sleep, I was tossing and turning all morning... I got up and had some toast and after a while laid back down. After I finally got up I made dinner. Buttered noodles, BBQ spare ribs, and hominy.

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff