Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)
Wii Fit Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SapphireSara3
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:12 pm
Sooo I want a Wii Fit but everywhere I go online it's sold out.

Do you guys know when the demand will go down and I'll be able to buy it?
Also, its $90 because on Amazon it was like $190 for a new one and that confused me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:27 pm
I saw it at my Gamestop yesterday. Try there. Also, hopefully that $190 is a typo, because spending $90 is asking WAY too fukken much if you ask me, and $190 is just HAHA, OH WOW. I think at Gamestop it was $70 (I think, may be wrong). Also, that makes me rage so damn much. We play games to sit on our asses and get fat. NOT TO DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE. GAMIN IS NOT GETTING FIT. IT IS THE ANTI-FIT. The Wii is so much fail it makes me sad. They don't appease to the hardcore gamers, just the casuals (no offense if you're a casual, but hey, it's true). It has some (read: not many) good games, like No More Heroes (want), but most of the franchises that I used to like (like Mario Kart) have gone to hell, and it pisses me off. If they eff up F-Zero and make it way too casual like Mario Kart, I WILL go to Nintendo with a torch and Teh Bitchfork. Pay attention to the people that have been buying your games from the era of the SNES would you?
...Rage over.

Shryle
Crew

SapphireSara3
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:39 pm
Yeah, I know what you mean.
I used to be a hardcore gamer but I don't really have much time anymore.
So what if I like sucky games? D:
& seriously if it is 190$, I wouldn't buy it.
I don't know if my mom will even let me get.

Oh yeah... completely random but I got a TV in my room today! :]
It doesn't actually have cable or anything, but it can play video games so it's good for meh. My brother wanted to throw it out and I was like, "NOOOO"
So yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:11 pm

[applesauce.]

User Image
Gah, the Wii Fit is just a ploy by Nintendo to drag in normal, everyday people into their marketing scheme! DON'T TRUST YOUR PHYSICAL HEALTH TO GAMING D8<
But honestly, you have to say that Brawl is awesome.
...Other than that, I'm honestly not too sure about the Wii.
It's okay.

I wish Sony could climb back into my awesome-meter.
I'm clinging to my PS1 like a bietch.
Maybe once FFversusXIII comes out, I'll get a PS3.
But PSP is just, meh, i dunno, it looks like it has purpose, but it's not catching my eyes at all. AT ALL.

[applesauce.]

Penciled C o o k i e
Crew

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:51 pm
Penciled C o o k i e

[applesauce.]

User Image
Gah, the Wii Fit is just a ploy by Nintendo to drag in normal, everyday people into their marketing scheme! DON'T TRUST YOUR PHYSICAL HEALTH TO GAMING D8<
But honestly, you have to say that Brawl is awesome.
...Other than that, I'm honestly not too sure about the Wii.
It's okay.

I wish Sony could climb back into my awesome-meter.
I'm clinging to my PS1 like a bietch.
Maybe once FFversusXIII comes out, I'll get a PS3.
But PSP is just, meh, i dunno, it looks like it has purpose, but it's not catching my eyes at all. AT ALL.

[applesauce.]
Agreed, Brawl is fun.
But, I'm still playing a lot of GCN games, like F-Zero GX, and Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. Also, still loving my PS2, and I am addicted to Persona 3 FES. So, the Wii is basically being used as a GCN, IF it is even being used at all. And PSP has a helluva purpose: mod an assload of games onto it. You can mod s**t from the PS1 onto it. Also, SNES, NES, Gameboy Advance (I think), MAYBE N64, but I doubt it. And also you can mod random things form the computer (Cave Story, get it you bastards). I was actually thinking of getting one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:24 pm
Wait, if you guys have Brawl, then don't you have Wiis? I though Max did...
But yeah, all of my games for the wii are rather boring unless I'm in the mood. Even Brawl is boring me.

SapphireSara3
Vice Captain

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:52 pm
SapphireSara3
But yeah, all of my games for the wii are rather boring unless I'm in the mood. Even Brawl is boring me.
You thought right, I just hardly use it for anything other than Gamecube games to be honest. And yeah, that pretty much sums up the Wii's games. They're just too casual to really drag you in. But, I have heard No More Heroes is pretty good. I've never tried it, but I have heard good things fro some friends of mine. Brawl is fun in small doses, or when you are against someone really good.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:52 pm
Shryle
SapphireSara3
You thought right, I just hardly use it for anything other than Gamecube games to be honest. And yeah, that pretty much sums up the Wii's games. They're just too casual to really drag you in. But, I have heard No More Heroes is pretty good. I've never tried it, but I have heard good things fro some friends of mine. Brawl is fun in small doses, or when you are against someone really good.
Yeeah. I really need some new games...
Do you know anything about Fire Emblem & Guitar Hero?  

SapphireSara3
Vice Captain

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:06 pm
SapphireSara3
Shryle
SapphireSara3
Yeeah. I really need some new games...
Do you know anything about Fire Emblem & Guitar Hero?
I dun know s**t about Guitar Hero. However, I've been wanting to get Path of Radiance, but I haven't been able to find it. Also same with Radiant Dawn, haven't been able to effing find it. Though, if you're looking for a game, get Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. It is superior. Also, I got Tales of Symphonia recently, and it is good. But, those are for the Gamecube. If you want something for the Wii, No More Heroes is good, I have heard.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:49 pm
User ImageIf you want to pose out like a pretend rock star, GH is your game. Unless you have carpal tunnel syndrome(like me) then don't bother, your hand will die before the end of your second song on EASY. My bro played it so much he broke the strum bar on the guitar. HILARIOUS! biggrin

Meh, I don't like the Fire Emblem franchise that much. Never have.

Though don't bash the Wii. Stats show that the Wii is the best selling all around, hardcore or not. And it's never been their goal to appeal strictly to one genre of gamer, though it does seem that the Wii is leaning drastically toward casual gaming(Mario Party 8 anyone? gonk ), it will change with time, as new ideas are hatched with using the Wiimote. Give it time and patience, not rage and flatulence. xd

PKMN Master Red

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:04 am
Nawxsh
User ImageIf you want to pose out like a pretend rock star, GH is your game. Unless you have carpal tunnel syndrome(like me) then don't bother, your hand will die before the end of your second song on EASY. My bro played it so much he broke the strum bar on the guitar. HILARIOUS! biggrin

Meh, I don't like the Fire Emblem franchise that much. Never have.

Though don't bash the Wii. Stats show that the Wii is the best selling all around, hardcore or not. And it's never been their goal to appeal strictly to one genre of gamer, though it does seem that the Wii is leaning drastically toward casual gaming(Mario Party 8 anyone? gonk ), it will change with time, as new ideas are hatched with using the Wiimote. Give it time and patience, not rage and flatulence. xd
Yeah, just because it sells a lot doesn't mean it is good. Now, I know my statement looks like crap, but come on, a lot of people bought it for Brawl (I believe anyway). Also, the Wii appeals to a lot of people that don't play the vidya. It gives people who don't normally like video games something fresh and new. The Wiimote is kinda fun, and you move around in real life to do stuff. Kinda a cool concept, unless you're playing a videogame, where that sometimes becomes a hindrance. It's mostly just party games that little kids and adults can like along with the typical teenager that doesn't game much. And, think about it: Nintendo from NES on mostly was hardcore. Look at F-Zero GX, and tell me a casual would even CONSIDER it after five minutes of pure rage-inducing hardness. Oh damn, that game even makes me rage. Honestly, they had some casual games, but had hardcore stuff for people who like that stuff. The Wii has only like five hardcore ones, and I may be overshooting my guess. Also, I can think of many people on the internet that hate the Wii for its overly casual-ness. So, Nintendo used to be good. Now, I pretty much have lost all faith in it, and would consider selling my Wii if not for the GCN playing part of it. I DO have hope for new, good games, but it ain't gonna be soon my friend.
...Damn I gotta stop hanging out in places that makes me rage about video games.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:02 am
User ImageOr you gotta stop raging. It's not good for your health, yo. Just calm it down a bit.

From the NES on, Nintendo didn't have much competition, thus why most of the hardcore games subsisted on the core gaming console. Sega didn't come in to the picture until the SNES days, and fell out with the Dreamcast, Then Sony came into the Picture at the start of the N64's reign(which, mind you, had an almost 50/50 balance of hardcore/casual gaming genre games to it, at about the time of it's halflife), and Now Sony is kickin' the bucket with ******** up the PS3 so bad. I'm not gonna even get into Microsoft, as nothing needs be said about the Xbox.

PKMN Master Red

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:41 pm
Nawxsh
User ImageOr you gotta stop raging. It's not good for your health, yo. Just calm it down a bit.

From the NES on, Nintendo didn't have much competition, thus why most of the hardcore games subsisted on the core gaming console. Sega didn't come in to the picture until the SNES days, and fell out with the Dreamcast, Then Sony came into the Picture at the start of the N64's reign(which, mind you, had an almost 50/50 balance of hardcore/casual gaming genre games to it, at about the time of it's halflife), and Now Sony is kickin' the bucket with ******** up the PS3 so bad. I'm not gonna even get into Microsoft, as nothing needs be said about the Xbox.
Meh, I rage. It is what the internet has taught me to do. Don't take it too seriously. This has nothing to do with the other consoles, I'm speaking of purely Nintendo here. And, truthfully, GCN had a pretty good balance of casual/hardcore, and I never really had a big problem with it. There was always some good games to keep me entertained. I'm just pissed that the Wii has hardly any games that hold my attention. After I beat pretty much every aspect of Brawl, I was kinda left at a "Now what?" phase. I just wish they'd throw us a bone, instead of focusing on a single type of consumer.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:04 pm
User ImageLol Don't blame the console maker for the lack of third party interest. Nintendo as a GAME MAKER(not Console) has always been geared toward casual gamers. It's the individual companies like Konami, Atari, or Sega you should be blaming for not coming up with snazzy ideas for good hardcore games.  

PKMN Master Red

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:27 pm
Nawxsh
User ImageLol Don't blame the console maker for the lack of third party interest. Nintendo as a GAME MAKER(not Console) has always been geared toward casual gamers. It's the individual companies like Konami, Atari, or Sega you should be blaming for not coming up with snazzy ideas for good hardcore games.
Eh, true. But, blaming the Wii collectively is a lot more easier. And a lot faster. And also, I CAN blame Nintendo, since you even said it yourself, they are geared toward casual. And they should be FRIGGIN' MAKIN' SOME HARDCORE STUFF IF THEY AIN'T GETTIN' OUTSIDE IDEAS. Meh, aside from fighting a loosing argument there, we can both agree that the Wii has s**t for hardcore games.  
Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff