Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Kays Journal ^_^ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:18 pm
Ok, so, this will be my journal. Here is where I shall post my plans to lose weight, and my progress.

Ok, my plans to lose weight:
Eat healthier. Thats one major thing I need to improve on. I need less junk food, and more good healthy food, such as fresh fruits and veggies. I also need to eat less and drink more water, and less pop and other sugary drinks, and if all goes well, maybe give up pop and just stick to water.
Be more active, such as more walking, and other forms of exercise; the more walking part I already have figured out. I plan on getting a spare key from my mom for the dog pens so I can take my dogs,Jessie and Dixie, on more walks so I get more exercise, but also the bonus of them getting the exercise they need to. I shall also buy my self an Ipod- the reason for this, I really like to listen to music, and I noticed I walk longer,faster, and farther when I listen to music.

Ok, well theres my plans for weight loss, now, I just need to get to work on losing weight!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:24 pm
blaugh Yaaay! Someone else who has, today, decided to start!!!!

Music helps me exercise more, too!  

Anhedonic Hedonist

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:57 pm
Anhedonic Hedonist
blaugh Yaaay! Someone else who has, today, decided to start!!!!

Music helps me exercise more, too!

Acctually, I started a few weeks ago, but I really haven't done much yet sweatdrop . I just need to get off my big lazy butt and get moving, lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:10 am
Ok. Now that summers here, I want to get to work on losing weight.

I have added to my plans to lose weight. One thing I will do, is at the beginning of each week, I shall see what healthier foods we have around the house and plan my meals for the week based around what healthier food we have. For ex.: if we have lettuce and some carrots(which we almost always have around), I will use that to make a small salad  

Kay-VW

1emon

Tipsy Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:02 pm
First of all, good luck with this!
My needless input:
2. If you have trouble walking or running, try biking. Unlike running you can't suddenly stop. If you already have one it could save you the cost of an iPod. (It wouldn't be all that safe to bike without being able to hear the traffic around you.)
2. HAVE FUN MAKING YOUR FOOD. Ever heard of bento or obento? It's a Japanese boxed lunch kind of thing. I get my inspiration from kid's themes, so I make all my lunches super cute (if I can). It'll be harder if school's over, but it takes time and it can be healthy. Raw foods work too, the following is a good (no longer in use) blog of a woman who made them for her very young daughter.
http://www.bentocorner.com/roller/page/bentoblog
(Ignore the most recent ten posts or so.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:34 pm
gonk Ok, so my weight loss plans are going nowhere at the moment. I keep eating too much food and have been drinking way too much pop lately. I keep saying I'm going to do stuff such as walk the dog, but I never get around to it >.<. I need help! I'm beginning to just want to give up again.  

Kay-VW

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:11 pm
Ok. This is where the work starts. I WILL lose weight, and I WONT Give up. I'm going to work harder. Looking back at the past few weeks, I have realized I haven't been really trying that hard to lose weight, well, this is where it ends. It's time to get to work. I am currently coming up with a more revised plan about how I'm going to do this:

My revised weight loss plans:

-Walk more( walk the dogs, do chores around the farm, etc.)
- Eat healthier/eat less ( Less junk food, more good food! Smaller meals)
-Drink more water ( Less pop/ other unhealthy drinks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, those are the main part of my plan. I need to do more walking, but also other exercises too.

I need to eat less, and eat healthier. That means less junk food, more good foods, and smaller meals and no extra snacks!

I need to drink more water, which I already have been doing, but I still need to drink less pop and other sugary drinks. So, I'm sticking with water, and occasionally, white tea.

For my mealks during the day: During the sumer I shall make my meals ahead of time, so I already have a meal made for my self.
During the school year, for lunch at school, I shall look at all the lunches for the week, and plan what I'm going to eat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok. so now I've got the plans, but what about how I'm going to keep going with my plans? Well, for the walking and some other exercises, I shall be getting and MP3 player. I love to listen to music, and I have noticed that when I am walking while listening to music I tend to walk faster, longer, and farther.

Another thing I will be doing is for every ten pounds lost, I shall buy myself a small reward, such as a small food item as a treat or other items, such as: a new book, or a new cd, or a new out fit.

Ok, I shall add more updates later.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:47 pm
Ok, so, Its been a bit since I last posted.

I really haven't done much yet. But I plan on starting soon.

I have a few updates to add:
My current weight: 250lbs gonk crying
I have no idea how tall I am.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, thats just basically it for now. I shall post more updates later.  

Kay-VW

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:53 pm
Ok, so once again, It's been awhile since I last updated this. My weight loss plans are still going nowhere at the moment; But I am working on that.

So, I've recently set some rules for myself, so hopefully these will help me.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, eat less meat, smaller portions and meals
-No more soda. I have decided to cut this out of my diet. I'll be sticking to water and tea.
- less sweets/candy- That means less chocolate. I'm not cutting this entirely out of my diet, but I'm going to try to majorly cut down on sweets. Like, I'll have a piece of chocolate every once and awhile, maybe a mint or two, sugar free gum.
- Get at least a half hour to an hour of exercise; be more active, do more activities, such as walking the dogs, more farm chores, etc.

Well, that's about it for now.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:10 pm
welcome back.

try taking baby steps instead of cutting everything out at once. It'll be better in the long run so you don't decide to give up again. heart  

Soi Tsuba

Starlurk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:14 pm
Yay welcome back!

I agree with Soi, I have a hard time sticking to any lifestyle changes if I don't do them one by one and veeerrrryy gradually.

Pick one of those, perhaps the one you think will be easiest, and stick to just that one for a few weeks. Then add the next easiest on to that and so on and so forth. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:41 pm
Ok. So, I have good news and bad news. I've actually got started out trying to lose weight now, instead of saying that I was and then not doing it. So, anyways, that's the good news. The bad news is that I weighed myself today, and apparently, I have gained weight instead of losing weight x__x. I went from about 255 to 266 lbs. gonk

I've given up soda, so that should help a lot. I've also been trying to eat smaller portions at meals, and eating healthier foods. I also apparently have very little upper body strength. >.<  

Kay-VW

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:18 pm
Ok, time for another update. I've been working on exercising more. I've been doing some weight lifting, leg lifts, sit ups, and other stuff. I plan on checking my weight at least once a week.

Well, that's about it for now. I'll update more later.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:13 pm
Ok, update time.

Haven't gotten very far yet with the losing weight thing, but I'm working on it. The nice thing is its finally spring here, yay! ^___^ Its been so nice out the past few days. I have resumed walking to school now instead of riding the bus now that all the snows gone. My mom is starting to plan out her garden for this year, so, once it dries up a little outside I'll be helping with the garden this year. My moms garden is huge, so that will be a good work out for me helping her take care of it. I am also currently hunting for a job. But, right now, there are very few jobs around right now. But I may be able to get a summer job again, last year I worked with the janitors cleaning the school, and I was asked if I would work again this summer, so I may do that.

Ok, enough of that. I have a few problems. I have been trying to go with healthier choices for food, I've been doing better. But, I still have problems. >.<, I'm addicted to food. Ice cream for one. I try not to eat so much junk food, but I still do. I know its not good for me, I know I shouldn't eat it, I tell myself not to eat it, but I still do! gonk I have a problem.

Another problem of mine, is, I'm not active enough. I try to be more active, but I'm not active enough. I tend to hide out in my room when I'm at home. There are a few reasons why I do this. 1) My parents really aren't that supportive when I'm trying to lose weight. All I seem to hear from them is how fat I am. It hurts, I doesn't help me at all. I am planning on having a talk with my mom, so hopefully that will help. 2) I have trouble with trusting people. The reason for this is it seems that whenever I try to find a friend, and just when I think I find a friend, it turns out they were just pretending to be my friend,and then I've had people just quit talking to me for no reason, which happened again just quite recently. About a year ago now, I had actually found a friend, someone who was not just pretending to be my friend. I was happy, it seemed like life was actually good for once, but, then, just two months ago, this friend just quit talking to me altogether. I tried talking to that friend several times, but each time that friend acted like he didn't even know me. That really hurt. It felt like a slap in the face. I'm still upset about that, it still hurts. So because of that, I don't trust people very well anymore.

Well, that's about it for now. I'll update more later.  

Kay-VW

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:03 pm
Update Time.

I got to thinking recently, that I really haven't been taking loosing weight too seriously. Yes, I have been doing a tiny bit better than I used to be doing, but, I really don't think I've been taking this too seriously. I have also been thinking of a bunch of reasons as to why I should work harder at loosing weight: I'd be healthier, for one. I really should work harder, I remember from last year, from a project during health, that my family has had a slight history of heart problems.

Another really good reason Why I should work harder is, if I could lose weight, I'd be happy. I've realized what an idiot I've been lately. I've spent so long thinking about how much happier I could be if I would just lose weight. I let myself get out of shape, I've let myself get fat. I grew lazy at some point, I'm still lazy. Instead of doing anything about my weight I just sat there and complained. Well, I've decided, I've had enough with being overweight. I'm going to change that. It will be hard, but it will be very much worth it in the long run. When I lose all this unneeded weight, I just know how much happier I'm going to be, not only that, but how much healthier I'd be. From now on, I'm going to take this seriously, I am going to work harder than ever, I AM going to lose weight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, well, sorry about that little rant. Anyways, yeah, I need to work harder at this, I need to take this more seriously. I've been doing better recently, I've been trying to eat less, and be more active.

That's really about it for now, I'll update again later.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff