i run around in nothing at all
  swim
  dress in white
  just deal with it
  other
View Results

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:37 pm
ok bats, how do you cope with hot weather?

do you run around in nothing but fishnet or what?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:28 am
Air conditioning, a lot of fans and loose fitting clothes to catch any breezes.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:21 pm
Air conditioning
the beach
going swimming
drinking/eating cold things
staying in shady areas
wearing loose clothes
showing some skin' while avoiding getting burnt by the sun
wear a hat and sun glasses
going farther up north
staying inside the house
going to airconditioned places
spending an entire day at the movie theater
going downtown or some place windy

And much more. You have to be creative to survive here...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:30 pm
A little trick I learned down in Louissianna....

On a hot and sticky day, climb into your car and proceed on your way to your destination. Resist the urge to crank on the AC (this actually makes it worse for you when you exit your car) and stew a little bit (bout 5 to 10 minutes depending on your biological factors).

This brings up your core body temperature just slightly higher than the outside average temp. Drink plenty of water. When your temp stabilizes, (you'll just start to slightly sweat at this point, maybe a little tingly feeling) just roll down the window and feel the cooler breezes as you coast on to your intended destination.

You'll be amazed how little you sweat when you bring your body temp up to outside conditions.

The only drawback to this method...

In very dry, very hot conditions, you will sweat a lot. So it is imperative that you consume lots of water, and stay away from soda pop....it just makes you thirstier than you started out. And for those of us above the age of legal drinking limit....alcohol is the absolute worst thing you can drink in the sun. Think "crinkle fried pickle"....that's what alcohol does to your insides on a hot and sunny day.

enjoy!

If you can't stand the taste of water, then get yourself those one shot flavor packets that make the water taste all fruitpunchy.  

Keevan Draco

Ametrin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:43 am
I actually like hot weather.
I wear loose clothes of light materials (light as not heavy, not necessarily light colours) and try to drink enough water.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:13 am
User Image
Skirts, massive quantities of sunblock, a parasol (so I don't have to DROWN myself in sunblock confused ), and loads of water. I am not a summerish person *dies*
User Image

Vexworth

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:04 am
i usualyyu put on more clothes in the summer but damn it i forgot one day now i have this discusting looking tan/burn  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:24 pm
I just normally stay with the AC on or a few fans going. If I do go outside. I wear lighter clothing so it's not as heavy on me or wear lighter colored clothes along with a hat and sunglasses. Ohio likes to be muggy one day then rainy hot, then dry hot then muggy again.  

NekoYasha09er

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:37 am
Fishnet and corsetry, despite not covering much skin, are way too hot in the summer! I usually just wear t-shirts or tank tops with bohemiean skirts. Sure, it may not be as pretty as my winter wardrobe, but velvet in't exactly good to wear in 100 degree weather. Plus parasols, sunblock, and sunglasses are always nice to have! ^_^

For the most part I stay in my room with the AC on, or I go to the beach. It makes the heat much more bearable.

Thankfully, my sleeping pattern works well in the summer, because I sleep until about midday, so I only have to deal with super-hot tempartures as I start to wake up. By the time I'm done showering, getting dressed, and cooking and eating breakfast, the hottest part of the day is over and the temparature begins to drop. I usually don't go out until between 3 and 4 in the afternoon, so the heat isn't as bad as it is around 2pm.

Also, staying hydrated is important! I try to drink a large glass of water eery 45 minutes during very hot weather.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:56 am
Actually, I really haven't been dressing-up this summer. I'm usually in a T-shirt and jeans.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:24 am
wear cooler clothes, swim, stay in the AC when its really hot, eat lots of popsicles  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:41 pm
Usually I'm either at home in the AC, or at work in the AC. Even when I'm outside I just deal with it. I trade in my black t-shirts and long pants for black tank tops and shorts. Unless I'm a work, then I just hang out in my uniform.  

The Evil Rabbit

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 am
Good thing I spent a lot of the hotest days inside a UCLA computer lab, using Maya for 9 hours straight....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:38 pm
Shorts and a t-shirt.  

Eskimos are so gay

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:24 pm
Becoming nocturnal.  
Life Issues & Fashion