Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Defaming in the FM Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Has this happened to you?
  yup
  never
  first time i've heard about this
  i've done it before
View Results

ss_goten

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:10 am
Has this ever happened to anyone?
I have a lvl 46 warrior wearing a maroon jangoon armor which requires 20 fame to wear. I was in the FM one day and all of a sudden it was unequiped. I finally found out that i was defamed and i was like WTH. Plus since it was the FM i couldn't even find out who did it. doesn't this bother you that people are doing this? crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:50 pm
User Image

I wouldn't even dare go afk in the FM first of all..
Unless I have a store set up or something.

Kiss me im Asian

TaerkDS
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:07 am
Kiss me im Asian

I wouldn't even dare go afk in the FM first of all..

He didn't say he went afk.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:56 am
yah i didn't go afk, BUT i get what you mean, the same thing could've happened.  

ss_goten

zonic69

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:22 am
i afk all the time...

hang around the Undiepatrol room ... not much happens there since everyone else is afk too

but i dont what happens ... defame me ... fame me ... doesnt matter since it doesnt effect the game

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:53 pm
User Image

Bump;n__n

I'm just saying though ..

I heard some noob got the real Undiepatrol name, so they're like ..
ndiePatrol now.

Kiss me im Asian

Artess

General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:13 am
Defame is an acceptable way to show your displeasure with someone. However, mass defames are now considered a form of harassment, so if you have been defamed a lot of times, file a report and if all goes well, the people defaming you will have other things to worry about.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:43 am
Artess
Defame is an acceptable way to show your displeasure with someone. However, mass defames are now considered a form of harassment, so if you have been defamed a lot of times, file a report and if all goes well, the people defaming you will have other things to worry about.

Only problem is that they are doing it in the FM where any data of it is easily gone the moment someone posts a "s>sauna clean@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@" and stuff of that nature. Hard to catch people.  

ss_goten

Artess

General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:28 am
ss_goten
Artess

Only problem is that they are doing it in the FM where any data of it is easily gone the moment someone posts a "s>sauna clean@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@" and stuff of that nature. Hard to catch people.

A GM can tell who defamed you if you got defamed like 20 times. I mean, how do you think they catch hackers? I don't think you need screenshots of every single person defaming you.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:48 am
zonic69
i afk all the time...

hang around the Undiepatrol room ... not much happens there since everyone else is afk too

but i dont what happens ... defame me ... fame me ... doesnt matter since it doesnt effect the game
You missed the point that he could no longer wear his armor because of it. So it does affect the game. >_>

In the end though you can easily gain that fame back, y'know? I haven't been on GMS in a long while so I'm not sure of the price of fame on each server, but goodness couldn't be that expensive.  

Zatari
Crew

Artess

General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:52 pm
Zatari
You missed the point that he could no longer wear his armor because of it. So it does affect the game. >_>

In the end though you can easily gain that fame back, y'know? I haven't been on GMS in a long while so I'm not sure of the price of fame on each server, but goodness couldn't be that expensive.

20 fame could be managed with a bit of mesos and about an hour, plus a few nice friends.

Fame usually goes from 10-30k a point, with the risk of being scammed. There are repeatable quests that give you fame, and each time you gift in the Cash Shop your fame is raised by a point. Fame is just a useless number, unless sometime in the future they make items with a high fame requirement.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:32 pm
Actually if I recall correctly, fame will boost your drop rate/rarity of the items that drop... So the more fame the better.

Teh Puppet Queen

Artess

General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:23 pm
Teh Puppet Queen
Actually if I recall correctly, fame will boost your drop rate/rarity of the items that drop... So the more fame the better.

That would be all over sleepywood.net if it were true. They have a habit of making calculations and charts regarding every skill and class. However, I've never heard of this before, ever.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:13 am
No one likes sleepywood anymore...

The head is a real douche ******** un modded alot of mods, for wanting to play private servers.

There is nothing wrong with them...

I realize Nexon sued OdinMS but even employees say Private Servers are legal  

Its Nabysco

Vicious Glitch

Dlp1134

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:27 am
one time someone defamed me because i gave an offer that the seller didnt like and aparently they thought it was my final offer and i was just noob so they defamed me. and it wasnt even a bad offer.

(1m for tobis on broa)  
Maple Story

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces