Submit

Does it exist
  Yes!
  No!
View Results

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:16 am
Well, does it
It seems to me and many others that it contradicts itself...  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:40 am
It does exist, but it has no relation to goth rock for the most part.  

This Old Oscillator

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:58 pm
How does gothic metal contradict itself, as goth being an aesthetic and audio can be forged into any shape, so long as it conforms to several key thematic principles.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:26 pm
Well, metal by nature is angry and loud, whereas goth rock is usually slower, softer and has lyrics, rather than just yelling.  

Shadowed Intent

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:33 pm
Shadowed Intent
Well, metal by nature is angry and loud, whereas goth rock is usually slower, softer and has lyrics, rather than just yelling.
Yes metal is just loud and angry....

....actually go listen to some more metal instead of judging based on Lamb of God and Messugah. Listen to MANOWAR, Maiden, Stratovarious, Symphony X and Nightwish and then tell me metal is just loud, angry and about the yelling.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:29 am
Fair enough, your point has merit, I shall listen to those and return with a more enlightened opinion.  

Shadowed Intent

This Old Oscillator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:01 pm
Shadowed Intent

Well like I said, gothic metal has almost nothing to do with goth rock, sound-wise.

Does this sound "angry and loud" to you?
http://www.myspace.com/tristania
http://www.myspace.com/pagesoftragedy
http://www.myspace.com/theatresdesvampires  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:28 pm
Loud and angry?
Kamelot?  

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

vincejustvince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:44 pm
Lacrimosa, Theatres des Vampires.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:31 pm
Yes, and heres a few examples:

Agathodaimon
Poisonblack
Darkseed
Lost in Tears
Lake of Tears
Where Angels Fall  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:36 pm
Sir Vincent
Lacrimosa, Theatres des Vampires.
User Imageρℓαgυε яαтs αη∂ вℓσσ∂ч cяυмρεтs...

Oh I love Theatres des Vampires heart

Status >in want of arts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:50 pm
Oh woah, I forgot about this thread, well anyhow I have changed my mind, Gothic Metal does exist, but not in the form that my silly black metaller friends were so convinced of. 3nodding  

Shadowed Intent

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:01 pm
The divide is probably just due to the knee-jerk reaction of goths being called metalheads, and vice-versa.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:17 am
-Resurrected Writer-
The divide is probably just due to the knee-jerk reaction of goths being called metalheads, and vice-versa.

I remember last time someone called me a "goth".

I walked over to them and growled the following: "The difference between me and a goth is... a goth won't rip your arm off and beat you to death with the soggy end."

Now me being a 6'6'' fairly broad guy, you can imagine, there was a faint with of excrement that had entered the air.

Conversely one of my friends got called a "goth".

He replied looking hurt and offended and said the following: "I'm not a goth.... I'm an industrialist."

For those wondering why the inverted comma's over goth, its because this was goth by association i.e. you wear black and have long hair, you must be goth.  

Rellik San
Crew

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:11 am
Rellik San
-Resurrected Writer-

I remember last time someone called me a "goth".

I walked over to them and growled the following: "The difference between me and a goth is... a goth won't rip your arm off and beat you to death with the soggy end."

Now me being a 6'6'' fairly broad guy, you can imagine, there was a faint with of excrement that had entered the air.

Conversely one of my friends got called a "goth".

He replied looking hurt and offended and said the following: "I'm not a goth.... I'm an industrialist."

For those wondering why the inverted comma's over goth, its because this was goth by association i.e. you wear black and have long hair, you must be goth.

Wow, poor you neutral , better to be mistaken for a goth than being called emo all the time by people who don't remember what a goth is.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff