Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
How do you tell your parents your gay or bi? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you tell your parents your gay or bi?
  You don't!
  let them find out!
  Why do you ask me? I donno!
  Just tell them stright out!
View Results

Callyz Ur Worst NightMare

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:19 pm
How do i tell my parents that im bi?  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:56 pm
How do i tell my parents that im bi?

go out with a girl.

(um... addressing one of your CB posts... emo is not goth.)  

mechanical kitsy

littlegirlrai

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:13 am
I don't know. I guess your approach should depend on the personalities of your parents.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:19 pm
I still haven't told mine. It doesn't concern me that much since I'm leaving soon.
Plus the only girl I ever really wanted as a girlfriend is straight, and I'm dating a guy right now.
Are your parents relatively open minded?  

Sica_Lunae

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:36 pm
Honstly! My parents scare me! I have been with my girlfriend Natalie for a month one week and 5 days! and they still donno!  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:00 pm
"Hey mom... this is Natalie..."
*kiss ya gal.*

Family reunions are a great time for that one.  

Rellik San
Crew

Sica_Lunae

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:43 pm
Do you at least know their stance on others being gay/bi?  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:16 pm
oh my! Darkling...to quote my father in his once very overprotective mode...

"as long as you live under my roof, you will follow my rules!"

It's best to NOT just come out and tell them (it may feel a little dishonest...but remember...you are sparing them a little bit of pain and grief by waiting until you are older and out on your own)

parents are way overprotective of their children, which is a good thing, but something like this should be saved for when you fly the nest and take your first steps into a big big world. Timeing is everything...

Now, I'm not telling you to not love the one you are with......just....keep it very discreet until the time is right, and trust me....you will know when the time is right.  

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:09 pm
oh ok thanks! Does anyone wanna be friends? Add Me!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:08 am
Do you actually have to tell them? Is it that important that they know? If it makes your life easier then just leave it alone. Don't lie, just don't bring it up.

I have to do all sorts of stuff like that with my mum to keep the peace. Not as big as that, just little things that don't matter but she'd stress about them so it's just easier to not tell her about them.

If she asked point black I wouldn't lie, though.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:18 am
Frankly, I felt like I had to be honest with my parents about admitting to bisexuality. Something about holding it in just drained me.

Assuming you haven't already told your parents, it depends on how well you trust them with personal matters, how open they may be to your ideals, and how mature you can be about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:40 am
I just told my parents straight and out right
dad was a bit schocked but meh
he got over it

~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~

5,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

nautilus pilot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:23 pm
Considering my parents think of such as a disgrace, if you had them, you wouldn't. I just say don't tell them. They don't need to know, and they'll only suspect if they see you smooching or something. Them finding out only causes problems/embarassment.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:48 pm
It's best if you find out there stance on the whole situation so you can figure out a way to say it to them easily. Sometimes telling them flat out can lead to a mix what's the word I'm looking for reaction. Most of the time mothers are more ok with such a situation but I can say that because most of the moms of my friends that are gay, bi, or lesbian were more open minded I'm not sure for anyone else. Dad's on the other hand are somewhat harder. Yet again tis my opinion and I can't vouch for others. But once you get their views you can figure out a way to either tell them both or tell them separately depends on your house hold or how you want to tell them. Also in consideration, do they need to know now or can it wait til later. If it is really bugging you then go on ahead and tell them and if it isn't it can wait and this gives you more time to think on how to tell them. I hope I was some help.  

NekoYasha09er

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:45 am
It depends on your situation with your parents. I told my mom when she was half-asleep and then clarified when she asked about it a couple days later.
With my dad, I checked out a book from the library on gay and bisexual issues, and he asked me what I thought my sexuality was. He asked some questions, but I think he's really ignored the issue by putting it out of his mom.
My mom just got more overprotective when I got a crush, but she didn't stop me from dating someone because of their gender. But that's just how I did it.

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff