Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
China's Massive Earthquake T_T Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DancingCherryBerry

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:35 pm
Sadly, on May 12th 2008, a earthquake struck in Sichuan, China...

I cant believe it happened...

It appears to be the worst earthquake China has ever dealt with in 3 decades.
This earthquake was rated 7.8 Magnitude. Killed about 50,000 people. In just 1-3 mins the whole city was collapsed.
We should be fortunate of where we live right now, take care of it before we watch it die.

Please take a moment of silence for the dead & alive.

Kids have lost their families. Families have lost relatives and their children.
I watched on the Chinese channel that a school collapsed. I couldn't help tear. In that school, there were over 1000 students, all dead.

Any words?

All I can say is nothing  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:42 pm
It's such a tragedy. I feel really sad and yet thankful that I still have my family and friends. I hope things will return back for China. They are all in my prayers. *moment of silence* heart  

Lady Luck _ Kylie

Chocolate marshmallow gum

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:54 pm
it killed aobut 50,000 people, not 10,000.. and my mom donated $500 to it :] i hope those people are all okay. :'[

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:30 am
my relatives were in China at the time.
Thankfully, none of them were hurt :3

[purple banana]

Sesshomaruka

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:25 am
It's really sad, it seems like our planet is having a lot of earth quakes more often :[

i donated some of my money for it.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:33 pm
It's soo sad more Children Died Over 50,000 People Died theres more info i want to say but i'm at school and don't have much time~!  

chowchowpup713

nomimono

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:06 pm
We are raising money tomorrow at school......  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:26 pm
Yea its tragic. I donated to Red Cross when I got my credit card

For those who live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Go to the Delta Hotel on Gateway Boulevard and 44 ave. My friend made a gala and she and a whole bunch of people are fund-raising for the earthquake. I urge you to go if you have the chance. It is held on saturday at 12PM till 9PM  

BlackHammer888

Inkieee!
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:49 pm
Ugh, the earthquake ... horrible. Absolutely. My brother was supposed to be in China around this time, too mad I thought it sucked when he ended up not being able to go, but now I'm pretty thankful. @_@

My school's Mandarin classes + Chinese Culture Club are both selling felt pandas and white rabbit candies as a fund raiser. It's going well so far(:

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:37 pm

I feel completely sad for all those who died. When it first came out to the news i couldn't help but think why did this have to happen...all those lives were cut too short especially for the childrens and also animals were involved. So many lives taken, this is the wortest thing that have happened T^T i hope for those people to find back happiness.

J ii N G Y u L i

Tenko16xoxo

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:08 pm
i hope everything's gonna be ok
3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:29 am
It's heartbreaking.
Our community is doing a very large penny drive for it.

Laughing Platypus

xDAhhLiNGx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:11 am
waaaah....most of my family lives in China...good thing they werent hurt...but imagine wut other ppl would b like if they lost their family...saad.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:40 am
I saw in the news. They were filming all the parents that were mourning, and the children too.

Hopefully the police there and the overseas aid will try to help them feel somewhat better over this terrible tragedy.  

Shikaeii

Daggerfire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:41 am
Man that sucked... I had to do a project on it, so I had to learn about the death rate, the major problems and some other stuff I really didn't want to know. cry  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff