Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know me?
  Yes
  No
View Results

acemarch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:15 am
Hi all, some of you by now may know, or may not know that I am not very well. I have a tumour at the top of my spinal cord/base of my brain. It is an old tumour which has resurfaced. If the Radiotherapy does not work this time and kill it or even effect it, then I am most likely to be disabled from the neck down within 6 months, also it is likely I'll have around 12 months left to live.... well 8-12. They have given me about a 13% chance to survive this. I just thought as you are my friends you deserved to know. Well thanks for listening anyway.

Ace

UPDATE: I went for a scan today........ not good news..... it's grown quicker than was first thought.... basically..... they've now said.... if the radiotherapy doesn't work.... which has gone down to about 10% chance of working anyway.... i'll have 6-8 months to live. As for onset of paralysis.... anywhere from 1-3 months of that happening..... I'll keep this updated as things happen.

UPDATE: well, the intensive treatments i been having have done some good.... they've managed to shrink my tumours attachments to my spinal cord and it basically snapped free... (it hurt like ******** tho i may add) but pain aside, it means in a few days, depending on a few scans and s**t... they can do keyhole laser surgery through my throat/roof of mouth kinda area and laser away and fish out all the remaining tumour  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:19 am
cry *Hugs.*  

Guardian of Fire 666

bells_no_neko-chan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:14 pm
T____T  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:44 pm
cry  

Crystalblue Angeleyes

Excitable Lunatic

25,615 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Survivor 150

Dragoom

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:00 pm
*hugs*
Dude, if you've heard me speak of it, you'll know I don't pray much. So I don't know if the big dude upstairs is going to listen. Regardless, my prayers are with you, and I hope you pull through it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:41 pm
Hey, man, it'll be all good. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You'll pull through this. biggrin  

TigerHistalmos

RobotLush

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:53 pm
eek OH MY GOD!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:48 pm
You have to survive so you can barely put up fights again me! gonk  

Selene Dendawga

Beloved Lunatic

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:46 am
God be with you Ace! I'll be praying also. *huggles* cry  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:58 am
cry heart  

weirdmonkeygrl

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:58 am
Oh Ace, I'm so sorry. I'm not sure what to say. Isn't there anyway they can remove it? *hugs tight* Your still so young. I don't want to believe it. cry  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:00 am
Never give up Timmy!
*huggles u tightly* 3nodding heart

My thoughts are with you.  

Yusuriha

Seeker

Dragoom

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:18 am
Keep fighting mate, I'm still backing you to get through this, if anyone can, you can.
Just keep focused, keep positive. Do nothing that will aggravate it, and just focus on getting better. As I said to you before, put your faith in the human body's ability to repair itself, especially with the extra assistance. When all is said and done, you'll come out the other side stronger for having been through it, and you'll be the better for your new outlook on life.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:08 am
Oh man thats a sickerner It looks liiek I have to get my arse to see you sooner so we can have a laugh and so forth and 10% is better then the odds of 0.001% man you a frighter I know and you will see it hthrough okay man.

I can't have my friends dieing on me. gonk

Oniknowsyou!

IRL Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

vegetunks
Crew

Invisible Elder

11,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300