Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Trekkie Babies. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:40 am
I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for a long while, and she hates star trek. But, I'm converting her (she actually said a ST quote in conversation the other day!).
But yeah, we've been starting to talk about kids. Baby names, etc.
I really hope she'll let us make the kids at least slightly trekkie.
Lol, it'll be in a few years, of course, but going to a sperm bank is gonna be strange.

Anyway, I really like the idea of naming a child something like Jadzia, Kira, Tasha, Kirk, Leeta, Kes, Worf or some other ST name.

I don't actually think it would be cruel to the child.. It's just a name. And Jadzia is a pretty name.

What do you think?
Do you want trekkie kids?

:'D

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:09 pm
If I could adopt a kid AND name them, hell ya!!!
But, that's a long ways off...First I have to find a boyfriend...and I'm still in High-school, so...yeah.
I'm thinking Geordi, Scotty,Troi, or maybe Jean-Luc. Lol!  

x-kiri-kun-x

GunMage04

Adored Cat

14,625 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:37 pm
Well, I think it's fine. There are a few names that might be a bit cruel; You know, some of the more well-known names like Spock, or Bones (even though it's like a nickname), and others. Jadzia is okay since only Trekkies will really know where the name is from. That really is a cute name...lol.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:50 am
I really love the name Kira  

PlainSimpleGarak

Shirtless Reveler

USSVoyager_NCC-74656

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:39 pm
If I end up with a kid he/she will most likely have a Trek name. I'm reallly not fond of kids though....... !! that's why people started domesticating animals, if you don't like kids get a pet, and name it something trekkish biggrin see it all works out.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:11 pm
Kids are a long way off in the future for me... But I guarantee that all my kids would have Star Trek names. *coughKirkandSpockcough*

My friend knew these two kids in her fourth grade class who had Star Trek names. On the first day of school, the teacher had everyone introduce themselves. One kid stands up, and tells the class his name is Kirk. After a while, the last kid stands up, and my friend said he looked pretty embarrassed. He said his name was Spock. The funny part is that Kirk and Spock became friends, and that's exactly who they dressed up as for Halloween. Kind of like Kirk and Spock meeting at Starfleet Academy.  

Miral Paris

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:00 pm
I love the name Jadzia.

And I know a guy who named her daughter Belanna. smile

Some names can be a bit weird, but if it's not hard to pronounce or to write and they go well with their last name... *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:54 pm
i want to name my kid Jean
partly because i love French and partly because of Picard...

if my husband likes star trek i might go with Jean Luc
xd  

Shotgun_Rae

MiMi Child of Time

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:25 am
I'm all for naming kids after ST... I plan to - but I'm going to use mostly obscure references, so that IF (god forbid) my children didn't wind up liking star trek, they wouldn't hate me for the rest of their life because they won't be teased...

I'm thinking Ziyal or Jadzia for girls... probably Kathryn also, because it's a common enough name, but I'd be sure to spell it the same as Janeway... Elim for a boy...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:10 am
MiMi Child of Time
I'm all for naming kids after ST... I plan to - but I'm going to use mostly obscure references, so that IF (god forbid) my children didn't wind up liking star trek, they wouldn't hate me for the rest of their life because they won't be teased...

I'm thinking Ziyal or Jadzia for girls... probably Kathryn also, because it's a common enough name, but I'd be sure to spell it the same as Janeway... Elim for a boy...

It sounds cruel, but I would probably force my kids into liking star trek.
It would be amazing to have a girl who grows up to be like Jadzia...
I would never name a kid Spock, because that is pretty cruel.
But you have to be a trekkie to know some of the more obscure names.
<3

:'D

-[.Moo.]-

Mafiafairychick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:39 am
Worf and Kirk could be made fun of but the rest are good Dax would be cool  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:26 pm
Good idea! Just don't use Seven of Nine Tercherary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01. That could be bad. lol  

Maria Stark

Wizard Kittie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:43 pm
The less common names are best...Tasha is nice, even though I'm not the biggest Yar-fan. Beverly's common enough.... Stay away from Wesley, if you love your child. Please. blaugh
Hmm.... I might actually give my son/daughter an ST name now...I like Jean-Luc. And James is nice, obscure, and really cute. 4laugh Thnx!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:39 pm
can you imagine naming a kid spock? he would be like "where the hell did you come up with that name?"  

vampirelove75

Dangerous Genius

Sweetycow

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:21 am
I'm so going to call my sons Damar, Elim or Julian. And girls Jadzia, Kira or Nerys... And then the father can say whatever he wants...  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff