Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Are You a 'Shipper? (You know what I mean by that, right?) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ginga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:19 pm
Bwahaha! I can't believe this topic hasn't been made yet.

So which Trek 'ship do you find yourself eternally, or just semi-devoted to? Any ones you're adamently against?

For me... I'm a total J/C (Janeway/Chakotay) and P/C (Picard/Crusher)'shipper! These are the two 'ships I shall always find eternal subtext for. 3nodding And in my spare time I like to write the letters "C/7" (Chakotay/Seven) on a piece of paper and stab knives through it. whee

And slashy 'ships? Eh. Not for me.

Okay. Here is an explanation of what a 'ship is:

A 'shipper is someone who supports a particular romantic relationship between characters, and the 'ship is the relationship. For instance, since I'm a J/C 'shipper, this basically means I think that Janeway and Chakotay should've woken up and ******** like bunnies in her ready room.

Haha, I really can't believe I just said that. xd

So, anyway. Now all of you are probably seeing visions you really could live without... but think of it this way.

At least now you know what a 'ship is.

AND you'll never be able to look at a bunny the same way again. 3nodding

A "slash" 'ship is a homosexual 'ship, and since all the Trek characters seem to be straight... they really make no sense. O_o In Trek, that is.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:02 am
I prefer the Defiant Class, but it really isn't any good for long Range Missions. It's got alot of Punch, but it's the most cramped vessel in the Armada. For thje longer range, I would go Sovereign class 3nodding  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Ginga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:27 pm
Takai_desu_yo
I prefer the Defiant Class, but it really isn't any good for long Range Missions. It's got alot of Punch, but it's the most cramped vessel in the Armada. For thje longer range, I would go Sovereign class 3nodding

Uh...

Now, I can't tell if this was a joke or not. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:45 pm
I don't tend to do 'ships. If I had to pick on I'd say the J/W 'ship. Maybe the E/B 'ship too, it was nice to see him finally get a steady girlfriend.

I hate slashy 'ships. It's not the pairing that usually pisses me off, it's just that most of time they go against what and who the character is. That's what angers me, and it doesn't matter if it's betrayed due to slash or because someone claims it used to be a professional ballet dancer.  

todpury

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:48 pm
eek

okay, I am totally and completely confused. I would guess you people are not talking about Starships, so what the hell are you talking about?! What's J/W and E/B represent? What's a slashy ship? How did 'he' get a gf? WTF?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:08 pm
Takai_desu_yo
eek

okay, I am totally and completely confused. I would guess you people are not talking about Starships, so what the hell are you talking about?! What's J/W and E/B represent? What's a slashy ship? How did 'he' get a gf? WTF?

'ships! Relationships! LOOOOOOVE!

I should explain that in the first post, huh? I thought everybody knew what 'ship meant... surprised  

Ginga

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:26 pm
Ginga
Takai_desu_yo
eek

I should explain that in the first post, huh? I thought everybody knew what 'ship meant... surprised
alright, I get that part now. But what's 'slashy'?

I'm Guessing E/B is Ezri and Bashir. And then Jadzia and Worf. I actually prefer teh idea of Chakotay and Janeway, I just thought C/7 was a Futuristic Transmission of some sort, kinda like the Ford C6 they put in Mustangs(I'm an admitted Gearhead to the Henry Ford Clinic, in case you didn't know)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:31 pm
Takai_desu_yo
Ginga
Takai_desu_yo
eek

alright, I get that part now. But what's 'slashy'?

I'm Guessing E/B is Ezri and Bashir. And then Jadzia and Worf. I actually prefer teh idea of Chakotay and Janeway, I just thought C/7 was a Futuristic Transmission of some sort, kinda like the Ford C6 they put in Mustangs(I'm an admitted Gearhead to the Henry Ford Clinic, in case you didn't know)

Oops, I forgot to explain slash. :O Thanks for reminding me.  

Ginga

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:48 pm
ooh, I dunno...there are many of possibilitys for those Bajoran Twins that are serving on Voyager...Space can get very lonely xd whee  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:53 pm
Takai_desu_yo
ooh, I dunno...there are many of possibilitys for those Bajoran Twins that are serving on Voyager...Space can get very lonely xd whee

ROFLMAO, you mean the Delaney sisters?

Huh. They're Bajoran and I never noticed? O_o What have I been smoking?  

Ginga

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:21 am
Ginga
Takai_desu_yo

Well, I always thought they were Bajoran, I only remember them from one episode, because apparently Harry liked 'teh wrong Twin'. But I'm pretty sure she had a ridge on her nose, and teh Earrings. Maybe I'm wrong, dunno.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:42 am
Takai_desu_yo
Ginga
Takai_desu_yo

Well, I always thought they were Bajoran, I only remember them from one episode, because apparently Harry liked 'teh wrong Twin'. But I'm pretty sure she had a ridge on her nose, and teh Earrings. Maybe I'm wrong, dunno.

Well, the only episode I remember them in is in one of the Captain Proton ones. I'll have to look closer. xD  

Ginga

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:00 pm
I didn't read Star Trek fanfic... but I was a die hard Jadzia/Julian Bashir shipper at some point. I'm still are in a way, but I don't mind pairing Jadzia with someone else.

As for slash ships. Jadzia/Lenara would have been something worth reading.
I never liked all those slash Miles/Julian fics. ewww

(BTW, do you mind putting the names and not just the initials? With so many ST series is hard to guess the pairings.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:57 pm
Maddy
(BTW, do you mind putting the names and not just the initials? With so many ST series is hard to guess the pairings.)

Will do in each post from now on. You're so right about that, too. sweatdrop  

Ginga

TheSpork

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:26 pm
I'm such a Dukat/Kira (DS9) shipper, it isn't even funny. sweatdrop They're just such an odd couple, even if they aren't canon, that it just held my attention forever. heart

Also among my favorites was Garak/Bashir, Quark/Jadzia, and Odo/Kira. Only one is canon, how sad am I? sweatdrop  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff