Asians make the best horror movies??? (Really??) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do asians make the best horor movies??
  LIke Duh!!Where have yooh been??!
  Ugh, no. Wtf are you saying??
  Why are you asking me this!! Leave me alone!!
  Well then...er..no comment... (i just don't knw)
View Results

saku_chan187

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:41 pm
uh i heard loads of people just say it......hm though i must agree with them. Cuz like the scary movies they made is just....not...scary...its more of bloodish and stuff. Eheheheh. Plus all the horror movies coming up is derived from a lot of Asian movies. Like there was grudge and then shutter (which i must say sucked compared to the original that i have watched countless times in youtube and dvd.) soooo anyone agree...??? or disagree?????  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:39 pm
well to be more specific--> asians that make movies
PRETTY scary would be the [japanese] like all the american
horror movies were based off the japanese ones. 0.o

x_xmirror-illusions

cactusjuice1485

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:58 pm
Yup, pretty much almost all horror movies are taken from Asia. stare

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:33 am
Movies are created to target a specific audience. I think some movies are scarier when presented to different cultures because they will probably comprehend it different but with some similarities.

o.o I didn't find the remake of the grudge that scary.

Darkaznstargoddess

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

anniepajamas

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:50 pm
yupyup.. some of the best r originated from asian films.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:05 am
I have never seen the Grudge... but my friends say that the Japanese version of the Grudge is much scarier. gonk  

Shikaeii

L-article

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:23 am
i like thai horror flicks.
and gore flicks. :]
they're yummy. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:56 pm
I have so heard that too.

US horrors are rly gory, while Asia's horrors are more pyschological AND gory. Tis what i heard. But I'll never know. @_@;  

Flucs

HotLaMon38

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:00 am
Curse AKA Grudge
Ring
Ring 2
The Eye
One Missed Call

Personally I think the original storytelling of these movies are better than the American counterpart. However, the American versions are more appealing visually.

All of these came from Japan... There are probably more but this is what comes to mind for me.

PS: All of people who are just posting comments like "Pretty much almost all horror movies are from Asia." or "Yup... Some of the best horror films are from Asia." You're not helping the conversation. What people call your type of posting: SPAM

Where would this topic go if everyone just posted the samething? "Yeah all horror movies came from Asia.."

You're hurting this topic more than you are helping. At least give some personal insights on what movies you have seen, how they differ, which one you liked better... Something.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:06 am
L-article
i like thai horror flicks.
and gore flicks. :]
they're yummy. biggrin

From what I've seen of Thai horror films... They suck... Very low budgeted. I mean the story and concept are pretty good.

Thai horror films uses a lot of culture-related superstitions which makes it hard to translate to other languages.

When I say culture-related superstitions I mean, for example: Cambodians believe if you eat in the dark or outside at night, you will attract ghosts to come and eat with you or something to that extent.

If an American were watching a scene like that in a movie they would not understand the reference and in turn will not get the full horror effect.  

HotLaMon38

DuMaKenshinXD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:01 am
I believe that Asian movie's have really clever stories to there movies, Scary or not.
That's why American's take Asian hits and remake them into there own.

Scary movies in the US use gore and suspense to make us cringe and scream. While Asian movies tend to make you think "what if i was in that situation" and they deal more with curses and ghost-like things, unlike American movies who like to scare you by serial killers.

I don't like the American re-makes so much, they often leave me scratching my head when the screen ends. I usually laugh cause the other people in the theater crack jokes... which shouldn't happen in a scary movie..

Asian's are more creative with scary movies because almost all of us are superstitious. When it comes to ghost/monsters and curses, we tend to detail it alot.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:00 am
I have to agree. All the horror movies [that my friends forced me to watch with them] I've seen made me [poop] in my pants and skip a lot of hours of sleep. >_<

I have to mention Ju-On, Ghost Train, Sadoka and more.

But the good side of those movies is their story plots and plot twists. It's amazing how they can make such creative and interesting stories based on ghosts and curses [like DuMaKenshinXD]

Instead of copying everything DuMaKenshinXD said, I'll just say ditto. :B

Rebirth Project

iBlackros3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:47 am
eek
yeah...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:23 am
i would say thai movies r da scariest bckuz da best ones r based on tru stories or legends.but dats my opinoin.deres even sum movies dat neva could get finished bckuz da ghost kept burning da films i kno dat fo a fact bckuz my grandfather works wit a movie company nd he says dey seem to awayz burn up at nite fo no reason.  

DiSxBxLyoN

xtwilight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:44 pm
Asian horror movies have a lot of suspense AND gore. American films are usually just gore. Which isn't bad or anything but I've only ever screamed 'HOLY ----' and jumped a certain distance when watching Asian horror movies. Well yea that's my opinion.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff