Caleidah's Stuff -=Sweet Emperor there's an update!=- Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:37 pm
Well, guys, here's my official thread. I'll put up a picture of some of my Catachan and Chaos, both in either unpainted or started. Lets just say that eBay has been kind of late.

Also, this thread will serve as a showcase for minis painted by Clever_Username, my partner in this and a Dark Eldar collector.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:54 am

Current works!

-=In Progress=-
Nurglesque Terminator Lord Mithdraug Arachan

First stage: [1-1] [1-2] [1-3] [1-4]

Second stage: [2-1] [2-2] [2-3] [2-4]

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:54 pm

Alright, here's my Chaosy Stuff, entirely WiP except for the Pre-Painted Fabius Bile.

Note: This is my first time ever taking pictures of minis, so please forgive any poorly focused or badly lit shots.

Plague Marines
Plague Marine Icon Bearer

Berserkers 1
Berserkers 2
Berserkers 3

As for these Berserkers, these pictures are exactly how they looked when I took them out of the box that they were delivered in. Hence the poorly coated red base coat. Only one of them has an axe, too, which I hope to remedy with some converting in the near future, or maybe just the purchase of some NiB Berserker models.

Chaos Marines
Favorite models of the bunch with Chaos Lord

Chaos Lord Alone

Fabius Bile - Front
Fabius Bile - Back

Well, everything there is just the baseline for what I've received of my army so far. Hopefully the other bulk army that I bought on eBay shows up soon and I'll get them up. These guys will be my major projects for a while, shoving my Catachan back quite a way from anything like being finished. They, similar to the Chaos, came (partly and poorly) painted by another player, so they'll need a little work to get back up to fighting shape.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:56 pm

If I can get ahold of my friend, I'll try and get some pictures of his Dark Eldar up here.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:18 pm
I'm surprised no one has commented on these yet.

So these are all WIP? Make sure you do something with the stark boltgun metal, it glares. Good balance of color, though.

I can explain how to set up backdrops that net photos like this if you're interested.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:46 am
i like the lord, fabius and the nurgle marines very good stuff! Ever considered geting an account on Bolterandchainsword.com or 40kterra.com?  

Ryoto_X

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:01 pm
Hey Caleidah, are we ever going to see pics of those catachans? domokun  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:20 am

Awf. Those Catachans aren't going to get anything accomplished on them until after I get my tourney necessary things done for Flatcon. I know that its not for four months, but I need to get going if I want to get anything done.

Now: Nurgle Bike Lord conversion. I'm going to take the a** end of an Ork Bike for the half-trak and then chop/extend the front axle. I'll then widen the gas tank out a bit and prep the rest of the model. For the grenades, I think that I'm going to mount a sort of tube charge launcher on the front frame of all of my bikes.

Then: Plague Bikers. Similar, though they might just be standard bikes unless I come into a cache of Ork Bikes somewhere.

Later: Plague Marines, Vindicators, maybe a Predator, and maybe some Plague Raptors.

Much Later: My Catachan boys. They'll be getting a massive revamp and tune up, including taking some and converting them to Storm Troopers via the addition of Marine pauldrons and maybe some Greenstuffed body armor. Or maybe I'll do a torso swap with a few Cadian models and keep the arms. Along with them, I'll be revamping my Hellhound, Basilisk, Leman Russ, and doing a custom converted Chimera using a model car that I've found in concert with a box of vehicle bitz that I got.

Someday: A Chaos lord riding a Daemon Carnifex.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:24 pm
Caleidah

Steal dreaming of the cash, aye? domokun  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:05 pm
DarkElf27
Caleidah

Yeah, pretty much. Or maybe just enough random 'Nid bits over time to make something that looks equally kick a**.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:22 pm
Caleidah
DarkElf27
Caleidah

Yeah, pretty much. Or maybe just enough random 'Nid bits over time to make something that looks equally kick a**.
If/when I get a Carnifex, it ought to have enough spare parts to practically scratch-build another, maybe I'll send you some. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:43 pm

That'd be cool, but not at all necessary. I'm sure that you'll find use for them around and about with converting things.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:51 pm
Caleidah

That'd be cool, but not at all necessary. I'm sure that you'll find use for them around and about with converting things.
The Warriors came with lots of stuff I didn't use, and I know for a fact that the Carnifex has 3 heads and 3 back carapaces.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff