Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)
People are disgusting. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxDreamofBlackAndWhitexX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:07 pm
Video

Yea so I'm pretty pissed. They beat her up before that scene to. I think it's pretty sad, the things people do.

Article:
Lakeland, Florida (WTSP) – Lakeland, Florida - The Polk County Sheriff's office released the video of a teenage girl who, as Sheriff Grady Judd puts it, was "lured so her friends could beat her."

The video shows what Judd says is the second of five beatings the 16-year-old received from people she knew. The attackers say they were upset with so-called "trash talk" the victim posted on her MySpace page, and they say they wanted to post their own video of the beating on MySpace and YouTube.

The sheriff says the victim was first beaten unconscious in a bedroom. When she awoke, she was on a couch in the living room, where the screaming and beatings continued.

"It is disgusting that the attackers find it funny and want to post something on the Internet showing someone nearly beaten to death," says the victim's mother.

Sheriff Judd is calling it one of the most disturbing videos he has seen in a long time and he hopes all those arrested will be tried as adults. They face charges ranging from felony battery, false imprisonment to kidnapping. The sheriff says the attackers "were relentless."

Even though those involved could face prison time, Judd says the teens showed no remorse after their arrests.

"When they were in a holding cell, they were all laughing," Judd says. "One of the teens arrested, who is a cheerleader, asked, 'Does this mean I'm going to miss cheerleading practice tomorrow?' The others were cutting up and said, 'It looks like we won't be going to the beach this weekend.'"

While the attackers can laugh off the incident, the victim's mother certainly can't.

"You never think it will happen to your family," she says. "To have this happen and see it... is hard to bear."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:19 pm
Yeah, my third hour was talking about this today.
This is truly some sick s**t. Sick that people are that stupid/drama whores/assholes to do something like this. See, this is one of the many prime examples of why I have lost all faith in humanity long ago. I heard the victim had lacerations/head trauma/concussions. And these people just laugh it off.

Shryle
Crew

Penciled C o o k i e
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:57 pm

User Image

As much as that sucks, there's a reason prison and such places exist.
We have to lock all the bad people away.
The bad people... crying

But there's no need for you to blame all the good people!
D8<

I don't blame others.
Only for their actions.
-.- I dunno if there's much of a difference.

BUT-- I do what I can.
And if everything did whatever good thing they could, this world would be a much happier place.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:11 am
User ImageThe sad thing is, it is certainly well within my capability to do such things myself. I always recite the edicts that there are far worse fates than death, and this is most obviously a piece of evidence to support such a claim.

But cookie, I don't think you understand how cruel the world really is. I've been around, I've traveled, and everywhere it's the same. People do horrible things anywhere you go, and it's not just the "bad people" that do it. A former friend of mine, who is generally a good person, is abusive to his girlfriend, and totally oblivious that it constitutes as abuse.
I have a hard enough time getting up to go to work every morning because i hate the people there for the greed and selfishness they exhibit. I like the job, but the people ruin it.

Might I suggest watching some of George Carlin's comedy standup shows? I refer you to this not because George Carlin is funny(though he is, certainly), but because what he(and a few other comedians, like Lewis Black) talk about is true, sadly enough.

PKMN Master Red

Noltic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:46 am
What everyone said is true enough in a sense. Justice is blind, and as such you are bad or good... no grey area.

As for what the bad people do, i realize that it sucks, but ive grown past the point where i want it to stop. The fact is that as people we need stuff like this to happen.

A perfect world would be boring as hell, and i can say with pride that if it existed i would ruin it.

Its sad, and the only thing that any of us can do as "good people" is to stand strong and fight against the attacks of the "bad people".

Stay strong my freinds....  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:14 am
Noltic
What everyone said is true enough in a sense. Justice is blind, and as such you are bad or good... no grey area.

As for what the bad people do, i realize that it sucks, but ive grown past the point where i want it to stop. The fact is that as people we need stuff like this to happen.

A perfect world would be boring as hell, and i can say with pride that if it existed i would ruin it.

Its sad, and the only thing that any of us can do as "good people" is to stand strong and fight against the attacks of the "bad people".

Stay strong my freinds....
Heh, I totally agree with this statement. Think about this for example to support this. The news. We watch it for the exciting things. Not "all is good in happytown." The world needs chaos, otherwise it'd be boring. And since we're only human, and I believe people are naturally neutral (lookin' out for number one baby), there is gonna be some good ones and some bad ones. There is NOTHING we can do about this. Unless you go total dictator and force-breed good people. Which makes you bad. But, I believe there is a gray area. Like... people stealing food for their starving families because they cannot get a job I guess is an example. Crappy example, but you get the point. People doing bad things with good intentions. It can happen. And. To be good in some places means you have to be bad in others. Something to think about.

@Nawxsh: If the guy is anything like Lewis Black, I gotta watch it. The man's a genius.

Shryle
Crew

PKMN Master Red

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:08 am
User ImageNeed I refer back to my "People are borne from Chaos" theory? wink

And yeah, now that I think about it Lewis Black and George Carlin do have similarities.

Oh and the worst possible things have happened when people do things with the best intentions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:00 am
I personally dont dig the chaos theory. People strive too much to have order in their lives. I prefer to think that everyone is striving to maintain their own pattern, and were there only one person on the earth his life would be completely ordered. Fortunately since this is not the case, everyone's order conflicts, and from this is born chaos.

There is no divine pattern, but a series of smaller ones.

Evidence would be that when you spend your life with someone, there is a pattern of inconvenient events that stray from YOUR pattern because of the conflict with the same person.  

Noltic

Shelby Pierre-San

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:58 am
I can't believe how out of hand teenagers have gotten now a days. When i was in High school and that was only 4 years ago i was in grade 12 i would have never dreamed of anyone doing such a thing. But now its like kids have no respect for each other or anyone else they are self centred and do get the bigger picture and they have no sense of what is funny or what is wrong. I'd hate to see what life will be like in the next 5-10 years when we allow these people in the work force. ick. I'd like to know how beating on others has become a source of amusement because it is not it is very sickening. This appears to be a growing trend with teens and Its not Just happening in American Schools either.

THis happened February 2nd 08. At my old High school and the High school that my younger brother attends. I would never have though this to be a common occurance in Canadian schools as well but it is.

On that day a student who was in Grad 12 was stabbed 18 times. This all started when a student slipped on ice and fell another laughed and threw a snow ball at him from this it escalated into a fight. I don’t know where anyone would think this appropriate but the –suspect- pulled out a knife and repeatedly stabbed the -victim- 18 times. I was shocked to find this out. I do not know where anyone thinks it’s needed or appropriate to bring a knife at school. What shocked me more was that my aunt said that a lot of students bring knives to school in fact her 13 year old daughter does because people pick on her she needs to defend herself. I'm glad to say that teh Victim is doing okay he is still attending therapy classes for his arm and leg because some of the nerve ending were severed. The doctors told him taht he was literally millimetres away from death if the knife was 2mm deeper in his leg it would have severed the main artery and would have killed him.

Is this really the way we need to teach teenagers how to solve their problems? Oh well here bring a knife to school so that you can get them back or go beat the crap out of them and post it on the internet for fun? I don’t see it and I do not understand. When I was in high school, which was only four years ago, we never had to worry about that type of thing. My friends and I would have never, never, though that it was needed or appropriate to bring weapons with us. I am shocked and appalled by this. Why why is this appropriate for High school aged children? Are we not sending them the wrong message by allowing them to go to school with weapons and allowing them to think that violence is amusing? Don’t they have any concerns or anyone to talk to within the school to talk to about their concerns of the overall safety of their friends others and themselves? To find out that a good majority of students brings weapons to school should be an indication that something needs to be address are school officials really that blind to what is going on around them? This is crazy people; I just do not understand why youths need to do this to feel safe it is the furthest thing you can get from feeling safe in my mind.

Here’s a like to what happened at my old HS
http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/story.html?id=50dd3ebd-6d2b-4e50-8a18-b97255aea0b9&k=26523  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:35 am
Shelby Pierre-San
I can't believe how out of hand teenagers have gotten now a days. When i was in High school and that was only 4 years ago i was in grade 12 i would have never dreamed of anyone doing such a thing. But now its like kids have no respect for each other or anyone else they are self centred and do get the bigger picture and they have no sense of what is funny or what is wrong. I'd hate to see what life will be like in the next 5-10 years when we allow these people in the work force. ick. I'd like to know how beating on others has become a source of amusement because it is not it is very sickening. This appears to be a growing trend with teens and Its not Just happening in American Schools either.

THis happened February 2nd 08. At my old High school and the High school that my younger brother attends. I would never have though this to be a common occurance in Canadian schools as well but it is.

On that day a student who was in Grad 12 was stabbed 18 times. This all started when a student slipped on ice and fell another laughed and threw a snow ball at him from this it escalated into a fight. I don’t know where anyone would think this appropriate but the –suspect- pulled out a knife and repeatedly stabbed the -victim- 18 times. I was shocked to find this out. I do not know where anyone thinks it’s needed or appropriate to bring a knife at school. What shocked me more was that my aunt said that a lot of students bring knives to school in fact her 13 year old daughter does because people pick on her she needs to defend herself. I'm glad to say that teh Victim is doing okay he is still attending therapy classes for his arm and leg because some of the nerve ending were severed. The doctors told him taht he was literally millimetres away from death if the knife was 2mm deeper in his leg it would have severed the main artery and would have killed him.

Is this really the way we need to teach teenagers how to solve their problems? Oh well here bring a knife to school so that you can get them back or go beat the crap out of them and post it on the internet for fun? I don’t see it and I do not understand. When I was in high school, which was only four years ago, we never had to worry about that type of thing. My friends and I would have never, never, though that it was needed or appropriate to bring weapons with us. I am shocked and appalled by this. Why why is this appropriate for High school aged children? Are we not sending them the wrong message by allowing them to go to school with weapons and allowing them to think that violence is amusing? Don’t they have any concerns or anyone to talk to within the school to talk to about their concerns of the overall safety of their friends others and themselves? To find out that a good majority of students brings weapons to school should be an indication that something needs to be address are school officials really that blind to what is going on around them? This is crazy people; I just do not understand why youths need to do this to feel safe it is the furthest thing you can get from feeling safe in my mind.

Here’s a like to what happened at my old HS
]http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/story.html?id=50dd3ebd-6d2b-4e50-8a18-b97255aea0b9&k=26523

Wow. That is just pathetic. So, do the teachers notice all the knives and stuff, or are they usually kept hidden? My high school isn't really like that. Though yes, people really don't respect each other, and they're usually asshats, there's not really anything like that... yet. I dunno, but what I do know is that when a lot of girls at your school are pregnant/have a kid, something's effed up. Personally, I don't hang with people like that. But, yeah, this generation is effed up big time.

Shryle
Crew

PKMN Master Red

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:59 am
User ImageViolence solves everything, remember. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:10 pm
Our school has a really strict weapon policy. That's why we can't wear coats in school, apparently someone could hide something in there.

@Shelby

I'm not quite in high school yet. But I don't beat the living poo out of my friends even if they tick me off. My mouth does the talking then. I remember just a few months ago these two chicks got in a big fight, one socked the other in the nose pretty good and got blood everywhere. Some other idiots decided to rub her purse in the blood then when she went to the nurses.

God, we live out in the country and crap like that happens. Imagine what it's like in the cities. O.o

XxDreamofBlackAndWhitexX

PKMN Master Red

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:19 pm
User ImageDoesn't matter if you live in the country or city.

It's THE country that is s**t. We get away with so much anymore, and we're stuck up when we do it.

Take Iraq for example. Real reason for invasion: Oil. Bush owns stock in it, so does Cheney. Bush Sr. OWNS an oil company. It only benefits his greed to go over and bully another country under the false pretenses of creating a new democracy.

And bullying is the point. Who's gonna learn that bullying and such is bad if our OWN DAMN GOVERNMENT DOES IT!?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:11 pm
Shryle

Wow. That is just pathetic. So, do the teachers notice all the knives and stuff, or are they usually kept hidden? My high school isn't really like that. Though yes, people really don't respect each other, and they're usually asshats, there's not really anything like that... yet. I dunno, but what I do know is that when a lot of girls at your school are pregnant/have a kid, something's effed up. Personally, I don't hang with people like that. But, yeah, this generation is effed up big time.

I'm sure some know about it but do not bother to say or do anything about it. most kids keep it in their locker or backpacks. WHich means that teachers often do not see it as they rarely leave the staff room or their class room. but when i went there you were not allowed to bring your bag into class but they got a new principal and the rules have changed apparently.  

Shelby Pierre-San

Penciled C o o k i e
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:43 pm

User Image

it's okay, gais.
remember, the internet solves everything.
we can come here to rant about whatever we have something against in the real world.
Yay.

You guys need to learn to relaaaaax..........
I live such a sheltered, safe life.
-.-
I dun really care what I'm not realizing because if knowing more is better, all the smarties and philosophers would have saved the world already.

there's no point in trying to define a line.
because in the end we're all blind.
can't you see, what i'm saying in this rhyme?
i hope that you'll understand in time.

bottom line excuse: i'm just a kid, i don't wanna grow up.

Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff