Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Panic and the Beatles Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

discobeats

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:14 pm
So in the car today, my dad and i were listening to Pretty. Odd.
When we got to I have friends in holy spaces, he said that it sounded like the Beatles =/
and then Norther Downpour came on. He said it has the same cord progressions or something as a song from the Beatles
But i seriously doubt they would've taken it from the Beatles ...
We turned it of before Behind the Sea, i was afraid of what he'd say to the ending where they all sing.
If they did this without noticing, i hope they notice it soon =/  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:09 pm
Panic just took a lot of influence off of the Beatles for Pretty. Odd. It's just what they have been listening to quite a lot. I don't think they purposfully ripped off any works of the Beatles. They are just getting into the older-sounding music that was popular when the Beatles were huge.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:29 pm
There are probably a million songs that use the same chord progressions as another song. That doesn't mean it's done purposefully...

Panic! likes the Beatles a lot and are influenced by them, so some of Pretty. Odd. sounds similar to something the Beatles could have written. Other songs on there sound nothing like the Beatles.

I think everyone comparing them to the Beatles is more of a chain reaction than an actual truth. They admitted to being influenced by the Beatles, and then one article compared them to the Beatles, then some other articles did, and now every review about Pretty. Odd mentions it. But if you had never heard any of that before, and just listened to the album, I think most people wouldn't even think that. Maybe for one song, or parts of some songs... but it's not like you listen to it and think it's exactly like a Beatles album.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:04 pm
Quote:
I liked it... it reminded me just a little of some classic Beatles stuff

Said by someone who's becoming a grandmother any day now, who doesn't know who Panic At The Disco is, and who just listened to "Northern Downpour".

xp

Polyphonic Twilight

bunniluver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
» hey moon please forget to fall down

Everything the Beatles did has influenced modern music.
Its wonderful for bands to take inspiration from them, seeing as they have to be one of the most influential bands in the world.
I noticed that, too. I refused to read reviews until I had listened to the CD once... or five times, but when I told my friends about it (on the 26th), I told her that it had the wonderful 60's-70's sound.
I think it just adds to the awesomeness of Panic that they took inspiration from the Beatles.

banner by FUNYCOW.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:11 pm
wow. the beatles should feel so honored to have the most amazing band in america be inspired by them. although panic is like 20x better than the beatles.  

That Fragile Capricorn

[Lacrimosa]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:10 pm
Rawr!;;

@Capricorn:
Uhm....Panic is good, but not better than The Beatles.
No one, and I repeat, NO ONE is better than The Beatles. Maybe in another 10 or so years Panic can PAR The Beatles, but they are no where near as good. The Beatles are a CLASSIC, well estbalished band that has more than paid it's dues to the industary.

Like, Kiss doesn't even claim to be better than The Beatles. KISS, the Gods of Thunder and Rock'n'Roll.{XD}

Of course, that is simply MY opinoin, but I don't think Panic is old enough to qualifiy as better than anyone{That old}.
They are not anywhere near old enough to be called the 'most amazing'. They are defiently a GREAT band, and in they are probably the greatest bands in America{World?} in their age group.{As in new aritist}
Side note, they are kinda a new artist. They have only have 2 albums. =/

I'm sorry if I come off as a jackass. XD I'm just a HUGE Beatles fan. XD

Lady Taco;;
Queen of the Uber Dorks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:02 am
My dad came in to ask me what I was listening to, he said the melodies really reminded him of the Beatles.

On the inside, I was like " gonk " but then I just said "It's Panic, and yeahh a lot of people say that."

Polyphonic Twilight

GoodbyeLights

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:45 pm
It does sound like the Beatles.
Doesn't every band draw influence from the Beatles?
If not, then why are they so legendary.

Sooo....Panic! is just another band that is influenced by the Beatles. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:37 pm
beatles inspires every band in the world.. because they are a legend domokun domokun burning_eyes  

momothemoron

Lucky Mysterious

2,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:23 am
Ah well, it's very Beatle-ish ^_^. But without the stupid haircuts xd .

But yeah, the album could have been a modern version of a Beatles album xd .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:50 pm
User Image

I feel as though The Beatles have passed the torch, so I made this.....

User Image
BTW: I'm not trying to compare them, but like I said, it seems like they have passed the torch.

PanicChic2005

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:56 pm
imnotanemo_o8
beatles inspires every band in the world.. because they are a legend domokun domokun burning_eyes

Not true (the part about inspiring every band in the world).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:54 am
PanicChic2005
User Image

User Image
BTW: I'm not trying to compare them, but like I said, it seems like they have passed the torch.

Thats koolio! i could see ryan being john lennon-ish. but i beleve the beatles were an orignal but people can still use there ideas...if that makes sense. 0_o  

rybear_is_love

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:33 am
PanicChic2005
User Image

User Image
User Image
Toast the fine folks casting silver crumbs to us from the dock.
Jinxed things ringing as they leak through tiny cracks in the boardwalk.
Scarecrow, now it's time to hatch sprouting suns and ageless daughters.
Don't you know? Don't you know that those watermelon smiles just can't ripen underwater?
Just can't ripen underwater.

How can they pass the torch if the never knew Panic at the Disco?
o_O

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces