From Galaxy Quest to Garbage Trek - Star Trek spoofs Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ich_Liebe_Deutschland

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:34 pm
Galaxy Quest- probably the more popular spoof. In case you haven't seen it:
Starring Tim Allen, the movie features a group of actors from a star trek-like show that an alien species, the Thermians, mistakes for reality. The Thermians model their home planet after the series. When they are threatened by another species, they come to the washed-up actors for help. As IMDb puts it, "comedy ensues". Come on, Tim Allen's in it. It HAS to be funny. Actually I'm watching it right now.

Garbage Trek - an episode from one of my 5-year-old brother's favorite TV show, The Backyardigans. Tasha the Hippo captains the starship collector, which collects trash from other planets on trash day. it features the Klingon-like "Mooseians", lots of catchy songs, TOS-like sound effects, and other such obvious references. Even if you're a good bit older than 5, it's a cute show with songs that will be stuck in your head for the next few days, and you will remember at least the tune for the rest of your life. Even if you forget your own name, you WILL remember at least one of the tunes!

And probably the least obvious, Captain Proton!
Yes, I'm talking about Tom Paris's Holonovel. Ok, maybe it's less obvious, but it at leasts makes fun of old sci-fi. Harry and Tom are practically considered nerds by the rest of the crew (except the DeLaney (sp?) sisters of course!) and Captain Proton had all kinds of weirdly named technology, stupid villains, implausible plots, and reused sets. sound familiar?

So if you like parodies, watch these! If you know of any others, post them here!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:56 am
I love Galaxy Quest xDDD

Red Dwarf isn't a Star Trek SPOOF exactly, but it's a sci fi comedy. Hilarious
Same goes for Hyperdrive.

:'D

-[.Moo.]-

Ich_Liebe_Deutschland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:45 am
-[.Moo.]-
I love Galaxy Quest xDDD

I've never seen either. Sounds cool though!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:33 am
Ich_Liebe_Deutschland
-[.Moo.]-
I love Galaxy Quest xDDD

Red Dwarf is excellent.
British humour. <3  

-[.Moo.]-

Ich_Liebe_Deutschland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:08 pm
-[.Moo.]-
Ich_Liebe_Deutschland
-[.Moo.]-
I love Galaxy Quest xDDD

Red Dwarf is excellent.
British humour. <3

haha can't beat that! Oh good times in San Antonio mimicking british accents... lol  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:15 pm
Are you kidding? I own Galaxy Quest on DVD! It didn't get the best reviews, but sometimes you just have to ignore the critics. Plus I heard that when it first came out, Patrick Stewart went and saw it, and he loved it. The Star Trek actors love it, but the critics were like >(

Remember the "digital conveyer"? GQ's version of the transporters. <3  

Miral Paris

Ich_Liebe_Deutschland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:25 am
Miral Paris
Are you kidding? I own Galaxy Quest on DVD! It didn't get the best reviews, but sometimes you just have to ignore the critics. Plus I heard that when it first came out, Patrick Stewart went and saw it, and he loved it. The Star Trek actors love it, but the critics were like >(

Remember the "digital conveyer"? GQ's version of the transporters. <3

haha i remember that "You mean it turned inside out... and then it exploded?" lol good times.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:26 pm
Heheh. stressed mrgreen

(This is really off-topic, but I know where that quote in your siggie is from. *squeals*)  

Miral Paris

orcinusorca22

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:29 pm
Galaxy Quest sounds cool. I'll have to watch it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:45 pm
A few years ago there were a cpl of paper back novels called Star Wrecked. They combined TOS and TNG ( this was pre DS9 , Voyager and Enterprise ). It was really funny cause on bothe ships the saucer section had a coffe cup on it. I can't remember all the names but there was Dr. Beverage Flusher , Snotty and Spork. and the ships were the USS Endocrine. They where pretty funny.  

Curtis25

Codiah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:52 pm
I got a kick out of Galaxy Quest it was funny.
I think ST spoofes are great to watch... ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:22 pm
Isn't it ironic that all the Trekkies, who live, breath, and eat Star Trek, are the people who love the spoofs of Star Trek? rofl
Also, on Youtube, there are plenty of homemade spoofs that are HILARIOUS!!!! One really good one of Voyager, is called "Ahoyager" by the user lilredhead. It's really funny!! biggrin  

Maria Stark

Natsumi65

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:35 pm
Miral Kathryn Paris
Isn't it ironic that all the Trekkies, who live, breath, and eat Star Trek, are the people who love the spoofs of Star Trek? rofl
Also, on Youtube, there are plenty of homemade spoofs that are HILARIOUS!!!! One really good one of Voyager, is called "Ahoyager" by the user lilredhead. It's really funny!! biggrin

OMG! Isn't that the one when every one is a cartoon and "Janeway's" bun is like HUGE?!
"Don't you remember me Captain? Im Ensign Harry Who"
"Harry... Who?"
"Never mind Captain..." rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:35 am
My favorite parody is Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning. It's a Finnish movie from 2005 and is a crossover between Star Trek and Babylon 5 (sort of). It's just so funny and it's really good with the fact that it is a fan-movie. I didn't know that until later. I thougt it was a real comedy movie.

Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning (IMDB)

I also love the cartoons of Sev Trek.

Sev Trek homepaige  

Sweetycow

oh bo

Egg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:23 pm
i adore galaxy quest! rofl
my parents took me to see when i was little when it was in the theaters.
i don't know how many times i've seen it anymore. sweatdrop

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces