Reply Rude Discussion
What ska has influenced Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:22 pm
So we all know that ska brought reggae (which I still have a hard time convincing people), but what else do you guys think it influenced? If ska never existed, how do you think music would be now?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:04 pm
idk. I'd probably be some angry punk kid. scary. lol.  

Guns of Navarone

Lethal_Injektion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:01 pm
i'd be one of those kids listening to 50 cent.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:08 pm
I would be listening to classic punk and rock. Back to the roots of things, baby! Oh, wait...I do that now. Hehe. ((But ska is still #1.))

Probably, a lot of sub genres of punk and rock would be gone. Prolly alot of Big band and swing? Not sure on that last one.  

Left Handed Bandit

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:15 pm
The only good thing I could say about if ska didn't exist, there would be no Sublime

And that would be great.

But without Ska, there really wouldn't be a lot of the newer Hippy music, such as OAR.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:11 pm
I'd be me.

I'd Still be listening to Hot Cross and Fugazi and s**t.
Last Time I listened to ska was a week ago.  

Status Quo Joe

TeRRoR HooLiGaN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:58 pm
wow a world without ska. my world would be crashing down.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:24 am
King Of The Ska
The only good thing I could say about if ska didn't exist, there would be no Sublime

And that would be great.

But without Ska, there really wouldn't be a lot of the newer Hippy music, such as OAR.
get ********... ok, so maybe we could do with out the millions of sublime clones.  

Slag10

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:19 pm
Slag10
King Of The Ska

And that would be great.

get ********... ok, so maybe we could do with out the millions of sublime clones.

sublime wasn't great or anything. they had a few good songs.

out of their s**t I either listen to A: covers of their songs, not the originals. or B: their cover songs, such as Hope. love the descendents.

side note: VGS did a pretty good cover of caress me down. and I'm not a loser.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:14 am
I dont know if i would be emo or preppy. I wouldn't have such an amazing boy, I'll tell you that much. I wouldn't be as happy as I am now (statement not totally based on the boy). To me, ska is the only music that can bring me up. My life would be totally different.

And reggae influenced ska. Not the other way around.  

eUAjwe4K

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:50 am
kay_tee0120
I dont know if i would be emo or preppy. I wouldn't have such an amazing boy, I'll tell you that much. I wouldn't be as happy as I am now (statement not totally based on the boy). To me, ska is the only music that can bring me up. My life would be totally different.

Ska->rocksteady->reggae

so how does something that didn't exist yet influence something else?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:09 pm
kay_tee0120

Uh... wrong, haha...  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Left Handed Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:18 pm
kay_tee0120

Fail, wrong. Ska->Reggea  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:53 pm
figured my one message was enough to correct it. Do you guys really need 2 more after that? I mean I was a big enough a*****e for the 3 of us.  

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:23 pm
Guns of Navarone
figured my one message was enough to correct it. Do you guys really need 2 more after that? I mean I was a big enough a*****e for the 3 of us.

So there's less chance of an argument... why would you even care? We're not being assholes, just correcting.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff