Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:05 pm
*watches show*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:08 pm
I would watch but I really hate American Idol  

xPaint_Me_In_Pastelsx

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:08 pm
Currently watching as well. And now it's done.

My review:
I liked how they had a little Beatles intro at the beginning. It made me smile.

"Back in the U.S.S.R."- sucked. While it was a good performance, the vocals were terrible. It just sounded like screaming. And this is a singing competition.

"You've Got to Hide Your Love Away"- GAHHH KLFGJDFLKGHDFG. NO. YOU DO NOT MAKE THIS SONG INTO A BALLAD. IT'S SUPPOSED TO JUST BE THE GUITAR. THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT BEAUTIFUL. I HOPE THIS GIRL GETS KICKED OFF THIS WEEK. scream HORRIBLE. [/caps lock] Also, it made me so so SO angry when she was like, "Well, I picked this because I liked the way the title sounded. And then I heard it for the first time and liked it." AHHH DFKJGHDLFGH..... scream

"The Long and Winding Road"- Actually, I loved it. Maybe it's because I was never really a big fan of this song, so he couldn't ruin it for me. confused

"A Day in the Life"- Did not work. At all. This song is so epic, you can't just cut it down to one minute. And the way he mixed up the lyrics resulted in the song making no sense. I don't understand why he didn't just keep going in the original order after Paul's part. But he when to "I saw a film today, oh boy," which really made no sense.

"Here Comes the Sun"- She seemed really really nervous while she was singing. And I usually don't notice stuff like that. Also, the vocals were weak. (And her dress was really ugly. : P)

"Day Tripper"- I actually really liked it. Of course, the original was waaay better, but he modernized it. It could be a hit today. But like I said, in no way as good as the original.

"Blackbird"- Eh. Not outstanding, but not terrible, either. I was angry when Simon was like, "It's a crucial week, and you picked a song about a blackbird." As if the song had no meaning. scream Geez, being British, you'd think he'd respect the Beatles a little more...

"Michelle"- Really annoying how he was like, "I HAD TO LEARN FRENCH FOR THIS SONG." Oh. My. God. IT'S ONE FREAKING SENTENCE. Sont des mon qui vont tres bien ensemble. Not that hard. AND I DON'T EVEN SPEAK FRENCH.

"Yesterday"- Too obvious a choice for me. I was never a big fan of "Yesterday". Predictable and forgettable.

"I've Just Seen a Face"- I missed this one. I was in the shower. But from the recap, it sounds terrible.

"I Should Have Known Better"- As my mom said, "Even I could sing better than that."

Wow. I have waaay too much time on my hands. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:11 pm
They pretty much butchered them. :[  

Sexy Lamps
Vice Captain

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:46 pm
GerardiisMine

Yup, pretty much. emo  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:07 pm
pantzLOL
GerardiisMine

Yup, pretty much. emo

That is why I don't watch American Idol. It is on of the biggest reasons.  

Black_Lab
Crew

Der Lebende Geist

Wheezing Tycoon

3,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:28 am
Back in the U.S.S.R. - Was horrible. Really, really horrible. Amanda always does the same thing, all of her performances look and sound the same. She just needs to go home. I've watched two episodes and I'm sick of her already.

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away - Eh... its was... I don't know. Her vocals were so/so. I wasn't impressed. Really bothered me that she hadn't heard the song until recently, but what can you do. Honestly if she wants to pick something for her, she needs to pick off Let It Be...Naked

The Long and Winding Road - I was impressed. I didn't get to see his talent last week, so this was a good week for him.

A Day in the Life - I liked it. Not the fact that he chopped it up, but I thought his voice was really great. Paula is a retard.

Here Comes the Sun - It was OK. She isn't very good at the showman part of performing, but considering she spent her entire performing life behind a piano is understandable. She needs to stick to what she does best.

Day Tripper - Eh. He does the Amanda thing, but he is way better than her so he gets points for that. He is a little to cocky for me as well.

Blackbird - Eh... I'm pretty sure its "Take THESE broken wingS and learn to fly". She didn't impress me.

Michelle - It was...OK I guess. Very forgettable to me and his hair bothers me. >.<

Yesterday - Loved it. She has a wonderful voice.

I've Just Seen a Face - My first thought was "Oh God... he slowed it down." -cringe- I was just bad. He has a great voice though.

I Should Have Known Better - Terrible, her voice was awful. Why is she even there?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:23 am
Alright, I'm gonna follow through what everyone else is doing and put a Song-by-song review:

Back in the USSR:
I hate this chick so, so much. She replaces half her lyrics with grunting and for some reason, people like her because she's "peppy," but THE SONG IS PEPPY, NOT HER! She should've left a long, long time ago.

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away: Wasn't even in the right tune, and slowed down she sounded so bored.

The Long and Winding Road: This kid needs to stick to ballads, because this was great. I'm still angry as hell at him for never knowing about the Beatles, and then singing "Imagine" a few weeks ago.

A Day in the Life: Good voice, should have picked a different song. And, perhaps, kept lines with the correct stanzas.

Day Tripper: I don't like this guy. Yeah, he made the song "his own" or whatever, but he sounds exactly like every melodramatic male singer out there today.

Blackbird: All I remember is she changed the plural "wings" to "wing" and unnecessary lyrics changes bother me.

Michelle: Good voice, but not the greatest ever. At least he sounds different.

Yesterday: It bothers me when girls sing "boy" songs and then change all the "her"s to "his." I mean, no one's going to really think you're singing about a girl, they're just going to think you're being loyal to the song, so you don't have to do that. This being said, she did a great job anyways.

I've Just Seen a Face: I like Chikezie. He's got a great mind for changing songs around and making them his own, and he's got a good voice. This wasn't as good as last week, and he should've sped the song up sooner than he did, but I still liked it.

I Should Have Known Better: Once again, male/female pronoun issues. I only watched the song halfway, because it was all boring and predictable.

Okay, that's my take on the matter.

Also, I'm starting to think that Simon doesn't know as much about the Beatles as he should. From what I could tell, he didn't know that "Michelle" actually does have some lyrics in French (he criticized what's-his-face for it as if it was his say in the matter) and he seemingly actually thought "Blackbird" was about a bird. And, "I've Just Seen a Face" does have a very country/"hillbilly" beat to it - Chikezie didn't change it a whole lot once he reached the "fast" portion of his song. Maybe Simon should listen to all the songs the kids are about to sing before they sing them, so he doesn't sound like an idiot.  

Julia Dream

flanningcustard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:47 am
I havent watched all of it yet though I'm not planning to watch the rest anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:13 am
@ Julia Dream- OH MY GOD. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is bothered by gender changing in songs!!! I was complaining about it the whole show, but my mom didn't get it. It seems like everyone does that, and I hate it SO MUCH.

And I noticed that Simon doesn't seem to know Beatles songs as well. It seemed like Randy was the only one who'd actually heard the original songs... but I can't tell with Paula. She's just a psycho.  

Liebe Thelema

Mintahy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:17 pm

After a terrible last week, I decided to give American Idol and their Beatles fetish one more chance, but the minute I heard her sing "Back in the USSR", I ran to my room and shut the door. xd

"The Long and Winding Road" wasn't all that bad though.

And I absolutely HATED how she sang "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away".
JGHDAFLJGHADKJFGHADJFKGHADF.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:22 pm
Woops, I totally skipped over the chick who sang "Here Comes the Sun."

I guess that's a pretty good explanation as to what was wrong there.  

Julia Dream

PieHippie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:48 pm
The show pissed me off for one big reason. At the end Simon said something like, "The contestants picked mediocre songs."
They're not mediocre songs.
They're mediocre covers of awesome songs. I remember seeing an interview once where Simon said the first record he ever bought was She Loves You, but I guess he doesn't really know about The Beatles at all, or he wouldn't have said that. scream

Ok..*conforms* mrgreen

Back in the USSR: Everytime Amanda performs, I can only understand 30% of what she says. Her pseudo-Joplin schtick is getting old. My dad sings this song everytime there's a karaoke machine, and he's better then that performance. xd

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away: This chick's voice pisses me off. Even when she's not singing a country song, she has an obnoxious twang. Plus, the Eight Days a Week hoedown is still strong in my memory. She looked bored and robotic, and her voice reflected that. Simon called her "musical wallpaper", but I actually think musical wallpaper would be interesting, unlike her. xd

The Long and Winding Road: The kid can sing for sure, but I didn't really get anything out of his performance. He bores me a bit. And he's still ridiculous for not knowing about The Beatles even though he's sung Imagine practically his whole life

A Day In the Life: "Let's cut a song that's nearly 6 minutes into a minute and a half!" Um...no. That just doesn't make any sense. I swear, they pinned the lyrics on the wall and threw darts at it, and wherever the darts landed is what he decided to sing. It was a confusing hodgepodge. His vocal wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

Here Comes the Sun(I almost forgot to add this too Julia. xd ): Because butchering Paul and John isn't enough, we must butcher George too. A lackluster performance, and kind of cheesy with the off-yellow dress and orange and yellow shiny lights everywhere.

Day Tripper: The guy comes off as a really obnoxious snob. It was tolerable, but not great. And the voicebox didn't really add to it.

Blackbird: My dad: "She doesn't need to go off on crazy belting runs. That doesn't fit with this song." Good point Dad. I agree. She randomly tried to channel Celine Dion in the middle of this song with random belting runs. Meh.

Michelle: He kind of looks like he just wandered onto the stage, realized it, and thought "Oh boy, I'd better sing something." He didn't seem connected to the song at all, and the French isn't that hard buddy. But it was ok. Not memorable, but ok.

Yesterday: I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets bothered by gender changes. whee Especially with a song as famous as Yesterday, no one's going to think you're weird for singing "her" and "she." It was all I could think about the whole song.
She bores me with her lack of personality, but she has a fantastic voice.

I've Just Seen a Face: I loved his rendition of She's a Woman last week, and this week was just ok.

I Should Have Known Better: One of my favorite's from A Hard Day's Night. Her performance did nothing for me. Boring, predictable, and awkward.

EDIT: I thought the best performance of the evening was by The Beatles in the opening video montage. I was really feelin' them dawg. They should go on to the next round. xd

@Julia. Heck yes! That would be awesome! I want that and the lickable wallpaper from Willy Wonka. cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:59 pm
Hee.

"Musical Wallpaper"

I want some of that. I wonder if the future will have musical wallpaper, where you could like, poke one of the flowers (because it has to be floral wallpaper, of course) and it'd play a different song with each flower you poked.

That would be killer. O:  

Julia Dream

JPRG-forever

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:15 pm
That country version of Eight Days a Week was absolutely disgusting. My skin curdles just thinking about it.
My god, she tortured that song in the most disgusting way. Its sad to watch one of their songs die in such a cruel way.  
Magical Mystery Tour: The Beatles Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff