Submit

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:40 pm
I had an interesting thought and decided to put it to a question.

I know in the Highlander series and movies there are technically no such things as vampires or werewolves or other mythical creatures. But suppose if there were? What would happen if an Immortal was bitten by a vampire before their first death? Would that person then become a sort of Immortal Vampire? Just a thought to get creative juices going. Naturally, I would suspect that a vampire bite or a werewolf bite would do nothing to an Immortal in their immortal state, but what if.

What do you think. Keep in mind, I am no gothic, I-love-vampire nut either who goes around cutting their wrist to drink blood or anything. I do like Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well as the show Moonlight. So I just wanted to see what you'd think if that particular circumstance were thrust into the Highlander universe.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:18 pm
Wouldn't that be kinda odd for them though? I mean between the whole strength thing, which could be helpful, but then lack of sunlight, that's bad, and depending on what style of vampire there's other minuses/pluses thrown in. And yes I'll admit I love vampires, not in the creepy way no, but I have read a tone of vamp books, and watched buffy and angel and moonlight kicks a**, and what stories i do right nowdays tend to learn towards vamp/other odd creatures. Course if the rule for sunlight killing them applyed how would that work, they burn up to a pile of ashes and somehow regenerate once the sun sets? Because it would suck to start to heal only to burn again with the sun up.

Now on the whole Were side of things, what if it was the fullmoon and another immortal came across them while they were shifted? Would the other immortal still technically be able to challenge them or would that count as cheating since they couldn't use a sword? Though depending on the style of Were they are stronger and faster, so wouldn't that be cheating on it's own?

Though a were-animal immortal does sound kinda niffty to think about, I say were-animal because a lot of the books a deal with don't have just werewolves, there can be werepanthers too.

I'll stop before you guys start thinking I'm nuts...

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:31 pm
Actually a vamp-Immortal I see as being trully Immortal in everyway except for the head removal. Because becoming an Immortal for a normal human makes them so they can't die, I would think it'd do the same for a vamp and heighten their nighttime abilities, strength, speed, but as an Immortal, it would make it so their immortality would counteract the vampire "curse" as it were. In short, many Immortals would be very angry at this hybrid version and probably even moreso for the vamps. They'd be furious that all the bad things they experience would be immune for a hybrid.

A vamp-werewolf would be interesting as well. I hadn't thought of that combination before though.

Now imagine if you were the Immortal to receive the Quickening after defeating a vamp/Immortal. I would imagine the Immortal would struggle with a big bloodlust, might experience a strength and speed boost as well. I think it would make for an interesting story too. Kinda similar to the Immortals who take the heads of a bit too many bad guys and end up going insane.

And incidentally, I love Angel especially and Moonlight as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:37 pm
I would personally think that the same thing that keeps an Immortal from disease would keep them from contracting vampirism. However, Immortals probably fear vampires because of the potential of being held as a constant "blood-cow" by a vampire (or vampires). Since an Immortal regenerates, a vamp could drain them and have a fully edible victim once more in 24 hours without ever having to hunt again...

Of course, we're just speculating, right? sweatdrop  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:44 am
XP, course what's really funny is I participate in a table top role-play game where I'm a vampire, the guy that owns the guild plays Gaston for that game as well, as an immortal as well, and there's another immortal, we tend to have a running thing with my character considering them food, amusingly Gaston's taken her up on that....he got something out of it at lest.
Oh, yeah that ramble though, past me sharing amusement, was to point out that you have a good point, if a vamp could get their hands on an immortal they'd be an endless blood bank, poor immortal...

As for the whole vamp-werewolf gig I've had talks with people about that before too, what's normally decided is that the two are opposites and tend to overwhelm a persons system, therefore killing them. Depending on the style of vampire, there are some that can't eat, their system can't handle real food, making it so if they become a Were they'd starve in a way. For other types I'm not sure how to counter-act the combo, but how does a body, were or vamp for start, take another change so big and be able to hold together? The only example I've ever seen of it happening was Underworld.

For the whole thing of an immortal not being able to be a vamp or Were cause of being immune of diseases, well I think Gabriel was talking about them catching it before their first death. Of course that brings to question if a pre immortal gets turned into a vampire that kills them, so when they come back would they have to deal with being immortal and a vamp at the same time? Cause that would suck, they wouldn't know what the hells going on.

And do sound really nerdy here, if a pre immortal becomes a Were it would greatly lessen their chance of becoming immortal cause Were's are damned hard to kill, they heal from most things, don't get sick, and most styles it takes silver to really kill them. How many people get killed with anything silver in life? It would take something really big for them to get killed to become an immortal. A vamp I'm not sure about, if they are already dead, if that didn't trigger being an immortal, how does somethings that dead get killed?

I'll admit I read way, way too much, I go through about a book a day when I have books to read, so sorry that I ramble about this stuff but it's an interesting idea.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm
I played as Methos in a game that was very vampire-loaded. Thank goodness I had a friend who played Duncan, and we watched each other's back. Got a little hairy at times. (And yes, Methos fed a few vamps who were friends, but it still gave him the wiggins!)  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:41 am
Can't really blame the vamps on that, endless blood-bank *shrug* Though yeah, from the immortal stand point that would SO suck. It get amusing banter from both sides though, oh yes XP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:58 pm
Not to mention the possibly addictive side-effect of the Immortal's Quickening being an aftertaste in their blood... *shudder*  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:26 am
You know I hadn't thought about that, hmm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:35 pm
*waves hands* Well, don't! Forget I brought it up! Been there...  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:11 pm
XP Oh but why forget? My vamp chick could have fun with that, thank you for that lovely idea, really it is, maybe I should feel sorry for Gaston now....hmm, na

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:22 am
Run, Gaston! Run!  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:21 am
Now why would I run? It's a pretty fun deal...she gets to whet her appetite, and then I get to whet mine. twisted

Scarily enough, in the game we had yesterday, Ghost's character was draining Gaston when the spaceship we found (don't ask, long story) came under attack. As the ship's de facto pilot, Gaston stumbled up to the bridge with just enough blood in him to stay alive and dodge enemy fire. The GM had me doing rolls with a forty five point penalty (skill is 75, so roll 30 or below). Somehow, I managed to successfully make five out of six piloting rolls and got us out of range while only taking minor damage. So a combination of sex and massive blood loss seems to work for Gaston. mrgreen

As for the discussion, I'd suggest something. If we work through the disease and death bits and somehow end up with a Vampire Immortal, sunlight would still reduce them to ashes. Unfortunately, that would also kill them for good, since the head is technically severed in a way...nothing is keeping the head connected anymore, after all.

the Rules don't specify how the head comes off, swords are just easiest. Remember, back in "The Sea Withc," the bad guy fell off the back of a ship and got sucked into the propeller and thus beheaded.

Basically, I'd say a Vampire Immortal would be a tough thing to play out. A werewolf thing is a little bit more feasible, depending on how the writer interprets things. Our GM, for example, runs things in a way that Immortals can catch diseases...they just resurrect like normal when the disease kills them...if an Immortal remains dead long enough, the virus can starve and the player cured. Under those rules, a werebeast can bite an Immortal, and the Immortal catches the lycanthropy and becomes a WereMethos (if you wanna be specific biggrin ). However, if a hunter were to do the whole silver bullet thing, the affected Immortal would of course die until the bullet is removed, allowing the Immortal to resurrect. If he's dead long enough, the lycanthropy could starve and the Immortal in question would be back to normal.

At least,t hat's how I would do it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:43 pm
Aww you left out that Gaston accedently put on her clothes when he ran for the bridge XP

But no, for the whole were gig, you have a good point, yesyes, that would be amusing really, poor person, imagine becoming first a were, then and immortal somewhere down the road, then maybe not being a were anymore, gah, might go insane.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:00 pm
Yes, and I left out the part where I fell off the top of the ship, and also dropped a grenade in front of myself, too. Methos doesn't need ALL the details, he picks on me enough as it is. rofl  
The Gathering: A Highlander Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff