Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I want to be at peace for atleast one full day...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MagickSlushii

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:41 pm
I'm always at peace for atleast 10 minutes, but everyday, I end up crying for someone...I cannot find a way to release all the thoughts from my brain...Whats the greatest form of meditation can revive my peace? I've tried the silent meditation, and one I had read from a book on Cat Magick. I need to find it, since I miss it....But it did somewhat calm me down. Does anyone know any other meditation secrets or advice?

Gwendolyn  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:07 pm
I find it really hard to focus on staying still and silent for more than 30 minutes and I find reading guided meditations to myself just never works.

So I do just the opposite.

I put on some instrumental music and dance around. Dancing probably isn't the best word to describe my body movements though...

I usually do this alone, when my girlfriend is at work or school.

I get paranoid if I know people are watching me...

After 45 minutes to an hour of non-stop moving to music, I usually feel fantastic in a serene and peaceful kind of way.  

Astrox

MagickSlushii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:59 pm
Wow. Thank you. I more into the relaxation kind of meditation though. ^_^;;; But I should try that, it may just work for me. It seems a rather interesting way to handle things.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:40 am
Both are ways of focusing your mind on something else.

I prefer more active ways myself too. I cannot for the life of me sit quietly without my mind wandering to 'so..whats for tea?'  

patch99329

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:13 pm
I can say from a Buddhist point of view that the point of meditation is not to empty your mind or escape from every day life. It's the exact opposite. It is sitting still and letting thoughts come and go without hooking yourself on them and making judgments on them. For example, if you start worrying about your friends and deciding how they should've handled the situation that happened the other day, and then start imagining what you should've said, and imagining what you will say next time you see them- suddenly you realize 15 minutes have passed and you weren't there. Meditation is about being present, noticing your thoughts, and letting them pass by without getting hooked.

That's not to say that meditation is a bad time to think about something traumatic happening in your life. If your loved grandparent has just died, you could use meditation to sit with that feeling of grief and just experience it. Meditation in this way is also a tool for being present in reality and experiencing joy or grief, without escaping reality or hiding from your fears.

Besides the benefit of being rested and relaxed, you'll also become aware of some of your habitual thinking. I noticed when I used to meditate that when I talk to people that sometimes what I say is based on my emotional reactions, and was able to stop myself before I said something that I logically did not really believe.

My advice would be to sit in a quiet place where you won't be disturbed, preferably on a pillow on the ground or a chair if you have back problems. Sit up straight, but not so rigid that you're focusing all your attention on your posture. Simply listen to yourself breath, and notice the feeling of your breath entering and leaving your nostrils. When a thought arises, label it "thought" and let it drift away. This is to be a peaceful gesture, not one in which as soon as you find yourself thinking you push it out. Just let them drift away. Do this 5 minutes a day, and slowly increase it to whatever time you feel comfortable with.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:17 pm
Thank you!! I shall try these...And a random question: Why is Heart Chakra green? mrgreen sweatdrop  

MagickSlushii

With Motion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:21 pm
If you just want to release yourself from stress, then I suggest listening to music. Really loudly. Especially ambient music like Eluvium and Evan Bartholomew; it's very peaceful, ethereal and absorbing, often entrancing. I do it once every other day for at least 30 minutes and it completely relieves me of stress and anxiety. It's made me a very mellow person.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:26 pm
Thank you for your help everyone. I never even thought about listening to music. XD  

MagickSlushii

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff