Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Started building my display table for my Gray knights...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

razer_ice_hanyou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:33 pm

well once i started this i used some from to cut out the Inquisition 'I' i was going to put it somewhere on my tank but i soon thought what if a gray knight holds it so i did a conversion I'm proud of so i wanna see what the guild thinks, again its a pity basic conversion so pleas no flaming

User Image
so tell me did i do a good job?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:07 pm

Reminds me of a barbeque.

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

King Kento

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:16 am

Id say get some small bits of plasticard so you can finish up the middle. There's supposed to be three bars in the middle as I remember.

Also, the thing is massive compared to the marine, I know its a marine and all, but I dont think S4 works like that. Perhaps put it wherever you were going to originally. Unless youre going to say your Inquisitor started using balsawood iconography.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:35 am

But Strength 4 is just in-game terms, an ork can rip a human in 2 pieces with ease, but Str 3 doesn't allow that now does it?

Anyways, I think a marine can carry that thing without any problem, BUT it looks cumbersome.

Shinobi_8745

PyroXTech

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:48 pm

Not bad, be sure to post how it comes out when it's painted. Though like Kento said, there are three bars in the middle not just one.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:13 pm

Looks pretty good. But on a random note, is it spelled gray or grey, for I've seen it spelt both ways.

Valandil517

razer_ice_hanyou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:16 pm

ya i know about the three bars when i was cutting it out one of the bars broke so i chopped them off i thing it looks fine without the other two bars,

UPDATE

i finished painting it last night I'm going to take a pic of it when i get off work tomorrow, oh and i solved the problem of it breaking if it were moved around a lot, i popped the hatch off the tank so i can remove it when i travel
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:52 am

Shinobi_8745
But Strength 4 is just in-game terms, an ork can rip a human in 2 pieces with ease, but Str 3 doesn't allow that now does it?

Anyways, I think a marine can carry that thing without any problem, BUT it looks cumbersome.

Tell me a book or fluff bit where a boy does that to a human and not a nob or boss.

Anyways, the thing is bigger than the marine, and the imperium seems to have this fetish for metal. It just looks odd and cumbersome and wouldve made sense being mounted like he originally planned on doing.

King Kento

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:13 am

King Kento
Shinobi_8745

Tell me a book or fluff bit where a boy does that to a human and not a nob or boss.

Anyways, the thing is bigger than the marine, and the imperium seems to have this fetish for metal. It just looks odd and cumbersome and wouldve made sense being mounted like he originally planned on doing.
Do I look like a walking lexicon? D;

But I belive it's in the Fantasy fluff, and the fantasy orcs and 40K orks are the same species (known from the thick new rulebook where the old ones accidently brings spores to the old world), I belive it was explained in the former Fantasy rulebook in the fluff explanation of the orcs, not too sure if it was there, but I'm 100% sure I've read it somewhere in a GW book.

Anyways, back to topic? o:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:44 am

About the display board, will it be normal basing or will it be closer to a Daemonic worl

Shinobi_8745

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:49 pm

razer_ice_hanyou
ya i know about the three bars when i was cutting it out one of the bars broke so i chopped them off i thing it looks fine without the other two bars,

It may look fine, but it doesn't look right to someone who cares about their story.

Grey - English
Gray - American "English".
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:11 pm

A.R.G.U.S Mykal
razer_ice_hanyou

It may look fine, but it doesn't look right to someone who cares about their story.

Could always compensate by painting it like there are 3 bars.

Seraphine-Exalted

King Kento

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:16 am

Shinobi_8745
King Kento
Shinobi_8745

Do I look like a walking lexicon? D;

But I belive it's in the Fantasy fluff, and the fantasy orcs and 40K orks are the same species (known from the thick new rulebook where the old ones accidently brings spores to the old world), I belive it was explained in the former Fantasy rulebook in the fluff explanation of the orcs, not too sure if it was there, but I'm 100% sure I've read it somewhere in a GW book.

Anyways, back to topic? o:

That was on topic. The games have different stat representations, and the 40k/fantasy connection has been retconned out.

So more identifiably on topic, the thing looks ridiculous to be handheld by a marine, especially with how thin the bar is.

OP - just get f bits of plasticard and slap 'em on the middle so it looks like an Inq "I", dont be lazy.
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games