Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Disentoxification: 33 lb! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Failure wtf?
  Yes plz
  No wai!
View Results

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:43 pm
Alexi's fabulous weight-loss journey!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Measurement status of Begin.
Bust: 44
Waist: 39
Hips: 49
Neck: 15

This is me now, it's not a good picture, it's not meant to be. It's meant to be motivation! D:

It's odd saying I have 90 pounds to loose, but the number is my goal, I intend to stop when I *feel* right, and I'm thinking that'll be around 140.

The idea is that I have a LOAD of muscle. And I don't want to loose it... I'm going to have a toned up buff body. : D That said, it's all strength, no endurance. I don't do cardio very well, and that's something I'd like to change.

Weight status of the Begin.
233 lb.

Feelin good? Yeah.

Weight Loss Goals for 2009

I want to loose roughly 11 lb per month starting with February first, so respectively starting at 210 in feb. I'd be 199 by march first, 188 by april first, 177 by march first, 166 by may first and you get the picture.

I chose the first of each month because it feels more like this is an ongoing goal each month. That it won't end until my body looks the way I want it to. And I'm fairly certain I *can* lose 11 pounds per month. If I can loose more than that I will.

The other thing about this goal is that it's a little bit unreasonable. Everywhere pretty much says to be a bit unreasonable about your goals, because that's what stirs us to real change. However... Well. I believe I can make these goals. That's what makes them good for me. I'm very happy about them and I think I can do it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:08 pm
MEASUREMENTS!

Starting weight: 233

Starting measurements:
Under bust:* 38
Waist: 39
Hips: 49
Upper Arm:* 14

Current Measurements!

Under bust: 37
Waist: 36
Hips: 43
Upper Arm: 14

Measurement changes:
Nov 23: Hips 47 -2 Waist: 37 -1
March 2: Hips 44 -3 Bust: 43 -1
March 19: Hips: 43 -1 Bust: 42 -1 Waist: 36 -1 Under bust: 37-1
Last updated: Mar 19

Weight Changes:
Nov 23, 217.
Jan 4, 09: 217! No weight gained over holiday season!
Jan 26, 09: 213! It feels weird saying I've lost 20 pounds...
Jan 30, 09: 210! I can't believe I reached my goal *ahead* of time!
March 02, 09: 209 I'm back on track. ^^
March 11, 09: 207! I'm still losing weight! I thought I was being bad!
March 19, 09: 205 E! I'm almost at 200!!!
April 24, 09: 200! I am glad.

* means that I did not add it when I took my beginning measurements.  

Lady Schist

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:19 am
January Weight: 217
February Weight: 210
March Weight: 209
April Weight: 205
May Weight: TBA
June Weight: TBA
July Weight: TBA
August Weight TBA
September Weight TBA
October Weight: TBA
November Weight: TBA
December Weight: TBA  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:46 pm
Wednesday March 5, 2008

Weight:
Holding steady at 217.4ish.

Excersice!
A little yoga, 2 sets of 2 asanas.
A little over 100 sit ups, 2 sets of 25, 2 sets of 30 with a brief rest between.
... sidey weight stomach crunches. (These are weird I'll put photos up later I think, it's an AWESOME workout for the sides)
4 laps pool, this was a LAME visit, there were like... three different swim teams hogging the lanes, I did those laps in the wave pool dodging morons and their offspring.
5 minutes treading choppy water.
25 minute walk

Food!
Two or three cups of yerba matte tea with cayenne
A piece of toast with vegan butter.
A medium carrot with 1/8 cup hummus
Salad with tomatoes, cuccumber, grated carrot, green onions and yadsi dressing. : )
1/8 cup granola with 1/2 cup soy milk.
A wrap, with 1/2 cup quinoa, lots of lettuce, red peppers, 1 tbsp of ranch and a little hummus.
1 1/2 cup quinoa
1 piece of toast with hummus and cheese.
1/2 piece of toast with avocado and cheese.
1 quesidilla with cheese and green onions.
gonk gonk gonk

2 Week Goal:
I feel like it's coming along, I may not have lost a lot of weight yet, but I'm kinda feeling slimmer. (Know whot I mean?)

10 pound goal.
I think I might get that done by two weeks, hopefully! : D

Lady Schist

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:13 am
Thursday March 6, 2008

sad I'm very, very discouraged today.

Weight:
217.2 is what my scale says, I'm not going to list it in the changes because it's so insignificant.

Excersice!
Carrying groceries back from the store on the bus. (This really is excersice!)
I had a nap today and got woken up, ready to go to the gym and so I got my stuff together, phoned my friend to see if they'd be there and found out NO. They wouldn't. But that was ok. I got dressed and as I was ready to leave, I was so depressed. I decided not to go and to have a meal anyway, I was hungry. I'll make up for it I hope.

Food!
A glass of flax seed water
A pot of yerba matte tea with cayenne
An orange slice
Two pita chips with hummus as dip.
A stick of a dark chocolate kitkat bar
A salad with cuccumber, tomato, grated carrot, mushroom, yadsi dressing.
1/2 cup Organic path cereal.
1/2 cup silk soy milk
1 glass (a little more than a cup) chocolate silk soy milk. BAD! gonk
The other stick of the kitkat
Two bowls of rice,
Three more glasses of chocolate silk.
A 'sausage'
A piece of toast.
Tofu scramble.

2 Week Goal:
I was REALLY bad last night, and had like, loads of cheese and nastiness. I still think I'll get it, but I feel so stupid, I shouldn't have eaten that stuff. Or at least I should have left it to taking a bite of peter's avocado toast. I woke up feeling physically sick. I'm not going to do that again. Now this is no excuse, but I know that part of the reason I'm eating things like wraps, and cheese and bread are because we don't have enough food in the house that is proper for me. I wish we had money, maybe I should just eat flax seed today to make up...

10 pound goal.
I kind of wanted to reach this by the end of the week but that was wishful thinking.

Post Script: Friday March 7, 2008: This day was really really bad, I went to sleep in tears, and woke up the next day really, REALLY depressed. I don't know why. I didn't do anything excersize wise, and I didn't want to. I think it may have had something to do with being sore and being blown off by two friends in a row.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:31 pm
You can do it!

Do you know why I know this?
Because I started out nearly EXACTLY where you are now, (your story is eerily similar lol) and I'm now down to 170lbs.

I was 235lbs at my heaviest, and I have a body type that is a bit shorter and bulkier with a lot of heavy muscle mass.
I could press 300lbs on the leg weight machine, but ask me to run up the stairs and I would be panting at the top.

My goal was originally 130lbs as well, but once I hit 150 I am going to re-evaluate, because my wide shoulders and large frame size might make me look a little ...strange... if I go too low. So I mgiht try for 150, and then strive for overall fitness.

You will definately make it!
Don't give up, sticking to it definately works, and you will start to notice your energy levels will absolutely SPIKE once you cut out simple sugars and simple carbs. I know I did.

It's kind of hard to avoid eating a lot of pastas and rices if you are a vegetarian, but they can really hinder weightloss if you overdo them. Even if they are whole grains...I have that problem myself, I am a bit of a carb loader -_-

Another thing that really helped me...actually measure your portions! I know, it sounds simple, but for the longest time I eyeballed everything 'thats about a cup of rice, that looks like approximately a tablespoon of sauce' ...measuring tools have become a good friend to me, for sure.

Dont get too discouraged if you dont see BIG changes on the scale either.
I lost about 5-8lbs a month, and it might not seen like much but thats 60-98lbs in a year. I gained back a bit over the winter, but right now im back at it, eating healthy, working out more, and aiming for about 10lbs a month n_n

I am rooting for you!
Choosing to eat healthy and get fit is one of the best decisions you will ever make n_n  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:43 pm
I've noticed the same things with the energy levels and, by measuring my portions the way I do as close to exact estimates in cup / unit form (ie 1 large carrot & 1/8 cup hummus) it's easy to see what I actually need.

You're like my diet twin, I was going to re-evaluate around 150-145 myself, I have wide shoulders and a large frame too plus a very muscular body. ._.

Thank you so much for your support! It means a lot to me.

I was thinking about going into sort of a half raw food vegan kind of lifestyle. It doesn't work very well in reality when my husband is a cheese fiend, but I'm hoping I can do it.

heart 3nodding heart  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:51 pm
Lol!
My boyfriend is the same way with cheese.
He eats a TON of cheese and milk, and can pack away probably 8 slices of toast with butter in a sitting. He'll eat like, half inch thick slices of cheddar for a snack lol.

...and he's only 150lbs xd Damn boy metabolism!

Raw food definately has more vitamins and minerals, just make sure to wash it all very well, and/or get organic n_n
I find some raw veg gives me bad stomach cramps (carrots X_X) so a lot of the time I either steam, or lightly sautee.

I do eat a good portion of my veg raw, and all my fruits are generally fresh and raw.

Steaming is great though, they still taste fresh and nice, but some veg needs to be cooked to release those tastier flavors (asparagus) and some I just hate raw (bean sprouts! I have to sautee those if i plan to eat a lot of them.)

Also, Hummus is heart

Not a vegetarian myself though, I'm a real big seafood eater. If it comes from the water, it is tasty for me lol. People look at me a little strange when i crack open a can of mussels or oysters and eat them with my fingers though hehe  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:20 pm
I used to be that way too, I may go back to it some day, but yeah, people used to look at me funny when I'd take a bag of clams away from the beach when I was younger. (I live in a very natural environment, scrounging for food is A-OK)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:37 pm
Friday March 7, 2008

Weight:
216.4 lb! I was so depressed this morning until I saw this. : D

Excersice!
General house work.
Walk up malaspina

Food!
Half a banana.
Half a 'sausage' (vegan. : D)
Half a portion of tofu scramble.
1/2 cup cereal w/ 1/2... .5 cups of soy milk.
1/2 cup chocolate soy (I don't intend to go crazy with this again. ._.)
1 bag of popcorn shared with a friend.
Tea! : D
1 small bowl of spaghetti with ... noodles. : O

2 Week Goal: I'm feeling more confident about this than I have for a few days now. (I know I've only been doing this for a few days)
20 minute walk

10 pound goal. 6 pounds to go! : D Almost half way and not even a week in!

I felt really happy last night. The so small bowl of noodles really gave me what I craved, and it was so small. ._.  

Lady Schist

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:35 pm
Saturday March 7, 2008

Weight:
I'm not sure, not in a place with a scale, I've probably gained weight.

Excersice!
Walked with dog. : D

Food!
Half a banana,
Half a quesidilla, A resturant portion of lasagna, a piece of garlic bread
Two or three glasses of iced tea
A caramel pretzel starbuck thing
A starbucks tall latte with whipped cream
1/3 the littlest mini vanilla scone.
A bite of cake.
A bite of cookie
Half a bag of chips
12 perogies.

2 Week Goal: I'm vaguely worried I won't make it.

10 pound goal. This may be a while too.

Anyway, I was bad bad bad yesterday. ._. I don't really regret it, it was nothing more or less really than I used to eat, that's probably the ammount I have to maintain my weight. That said, I probably gained weight.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:38 pm
Sunday March 9, 2008

Weight:
I figure I've probably gained weight back.

Excersice!
None so far.
Biiiig walk wif the doogie.

Food!
Mini oranges.
Steel cut oatmeal w/a mini cup of yogurt.
1/2 personal pizza, a bit of corn chips w/ dip, a few ravioli bits.
Lattes up the yang
Some cheetos,
Some perogies. razz

2 Week Goal:
Again, not feeling too good about this, not guilty, but realistic?

10 pound goal.
Not sure.  

Lady Schist

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:19 am
Monday, march 10, 2008

Measurement Day!
I jumped back up to 220.9 I was very disappointed and unhappy. until I saw my measurements.
Means up
Means down!
Neck: 14 .5 down!
Bust: 42 2 down!
Biceps: 14.5 No change
Waist: 36.5 2 down!
Hips: 43 6 down!
Thighs: 24.5 3.5 down!

WEIGHT CHANGES!
March 3, 2008: Nothing so far.
March 4, 2008: Weighing in at 217.4, (This is normal, I didn't loose three pounds in a day, I picked 220 as an arbitrary weight because I knew I'd weighed in at that recently.
March 7, 2008: 216.4

PRIZES! : D
None yet. ;_;

10 pounds lost: A book from a used book store.
20 pounds lost: A new blender! And smoothie making things. (Frozen berries, soy milk)
30 pounds lost: A new novel from chapters. Mass Market Paperbound.
40 pounds lost: A yummy new tea from Shanghai's.
50 pounds lost: A raw food cookbook. (Because that's where I seem to be going now)
60 pounds lost: Another pair of stockings from Rawganique!
70 pounds lost: 35 dollars to spend at chapters.
80 pounds lost: Put 80$ in an envelope labeled Bikini and lingerie.
Goal weight achieved! 130-145 pounds FINAL WEIGHT! : D I will get my dream catcher tattoo. OR buy clothes. (Me thinks I might need the latter)

Weight:
I'm saving this t'ill tomorrow as well because I'm a cheating ho.

Excersice!
Nothing so far, I intend to go to the gym and the pool with the lover.

Food!
A bit of coffee and a nasty sandwich with tons of cheese and grossness from starbucks on the way out of town to come home.
A piece of toast
A pot of green tea
Some more coffee
A sandwich with cheese lettuce hummus and mushrooms.

2 Week Goal:
Yeah, I expect this may not happen. Which makes me sad.

10 pound goal.
Discouraged a bit.

Overall, I'm not feeling too bad. I know I botched my diet really bad this weekend, and the reason why is because we just eat s**t when we go to visit Peter's family, they never eat in, we eat out, and most of the restaurants have nothing but pasta to serve to vegetarians in Duncan. This kind of stuff never happens when I visit my parents.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:48 am
Tuesday March 11, 2008

Weight:
I jumped back up to 217.9 but I have lost inches, a lot of them! So I'm a lot less discouraged than I was when I woke up yet.

Excersice!
None yet.
2-3 hours walking, at least 15 minutes running

Food!
Flax water
A bowl of cereal
An iced cap (small)
Half a cuccumber
1/2 a glass of chocolate soymilk
A samosa stuffed baked potato whole (Two halves)
A cup of yogurt with frozen strawberries
two or so bites of a pizza

2 Week Goal:
Very unhappy. I think I'm going to be able to do this! I'm going to try on the pants again. I can almost get them done up!

10 pound goal.
Will probably take a long time, but I'm loosing inches! : D

I've been thinking about how fast I intend to do this. I'm thinking I may have to do this in inches because my weight fluctuates so much. So I'm thinking, I'd like to have my waist be 20-25 inches. (It's been 28 and I was tubby before)

The point is that I SHOULD have an hour glass figure like none other, (Seriously)  

Lady Schist

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:26 am
Wednesday March 12, 2008

Weight:
Told me 215.6 today I'm thinking my scale is broken... ._.

Excersice!
None so far, I might go to the pool, I pulled a muscle in my leg a few days ago and my shoes are getting really bad. ._. Why do I always leave these things to the last minute? Either way, I have to take it easy today. I didn't do it yesterday and that was silly.
walk halfway up to minimum goal on Malaspina (My legs hurt!)

Food!
Flax water
1/2 order pasta premevera
1/3 order yam fries *drool*
Lossa wattah
A banana
A cup of yogurt with lots and lots of fresh strawberries
Two pieces of toast with margarine
1/2 a banana w/ peanut butter.
1/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup chocolate silk, many strawberries Shared with peter.

2 Week Goal:
I think I can do it. Or at least I hope I can, I have to be very careful this week and especially weekend so that I can git'er done. I can do it. I know my next two week goal. It's to slim down to 33 or something on my waist.

10 pound goal.
I might have to re-evaluate these if my scale is broken. I'm pretty pissed off about that, it gives me readings different of up to 3 pounds sometimes in one setting. Mur.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff